Dan Jordan - VFL Head Coach

Mark Corrigan - Performance Coach

James Kelly - Performance Coach

Adriano Leti - Football Analyst

Richard Little - Football Analyst

Mark Jamar - Ruck Coach

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A win is a win. Lots of great things in the third, good kicking for goal, good structure in the forwardline, our mids giving the dons a spanking and our defenders all playing well. 

However, our first half was insipid, we lost a qtr and drew a qtr against a pathetic opponent. We still worked far too hard for too little and looked too easy to to get free in their forwardline against. 

Wwre back to parity and our season is still alive, must win the next 3 and improve our play significantly to make finals, let alone contend. 

We are still yet to play 4 quarters, we did finally play one excellent quarter, so little victories. I do wish Goodwin would try to bury a team rather than take valuable players off and tinker, our percentage is not good.

Edited by deejammin'

Great game by jetta, hunt, Hannah, Fritsch    nice debut by sparrow

A lot cleaner with disposal today   and Tmac really straightens us up massively

Think Salem was horrible today  seems to have temporarily lost his accuracy butchered it constantly

Great game   and one to help the confidence nicely

Brayshaw in the middle really made a difference for him and for the impact of the team at the stoppages. His third quarter was massive. Was great to see Spargo, Hannan and Fritsch all work hard and get reward on the scoreboard. Proof that you can have players that do both. We still looked slow on the spill and the spread through the middle but that second half would have done a world of good for their confidence with moving the ball. 

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 9

Just a few passing thoughts-

Gawn was absolutely dominant. I know him and the midfield haven’t been in sync in our losses but he has been absolutely huge this year so far.

Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo gave a different sort of energy, liked it a lot.

Melksham is getting form back. One of our best kicks into the 50 and for goals.

Omac is having some sort of season. He is raw, lacks visible coordination but he has done the job most weeks. Coming along nicely.

Brayshaw was really encouraging in the centre square. Let him be part of the rotation and give Salem a more ‘loose’ role. Suits both of them.

I’d also like to give credit to one of our best players so far this year in Hogan. He had a bad ankle, bad knee but still flew for his marks today and created a contest. His (new found) mental toughness allowed him to not be a liability despite his physical limitations today. Has really became a team player this year and is levels above where he has previously been despite it maybe not showing up on the stat sheet.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demonated said:

Just a few passing thoughts-

Gawn was absolutely dominant. I know him and the midfield haven’t been in sync in our losses but he has been absolutely huge this year so far.

Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo gave a different sort of energy, liked it a lot.

Melksham is getting form back. One of our best kicks into the 50 and for goals.

Omac is having some sort of season. He is raw, lacks visible coordination but he has done the job most weeks. Coming along nicely.

Brayshaw was really encouraging in the centre square. Let him be part of the rotation and give Salem a more ‘loose’ role. Suits both of them.

I’d also like to give credit to one of our best players so far this year in Hogan. He had a bad ankle, bad knee but still flew for his marks today and created a contest. His (new found) mental toughness allowed him to not be a liability despite his physical limitations today. Has really became a team player this year and is levels above where he has previously been despite it maybe not showing up on the stat sheet.

Maybe the goal kicking monkey got off the back as well. As he said after the match...."I just need to hit the checkside kick from 50m out and ill be right" Classic Max.

The first half was a close fought contest and was not that bad except the last 15 of the second quarter when both side played ugly footy   then the second half we just started getting the rub of the green  and took advantage... confidence built and we dominated right to the last 5 minutes when we slacked off letting in those last few essescum goals

A good win...

45 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

We moved Salem out and Brayshaw in. I thought Salem looked better down back, and actually hits targets when he kicks out - unlike some others that kick out, and Brayshaw helped with our pressure in the midfield. No doubt Brayshaw adds a lot to the midfield, but he still needs to lift. We bat deep in our midfield.

Except for that dinky 15 min kick that resulted in an Essendon goal when he was kicking out.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, timbo said:

Hogan's change in body language is very interesting 

I was thinking that......not sure if carrying an injury actually, even b4 he went down with the ankle.

• Like 2

Just a follow on to Goodwins game plan - had we not hit the post 3 times in the first half - 7.4 rather than 4.7 - 2nd half was proof of the philosophy for me - finally some reward for effort and the confidence that comes and the indecision and apathy from the other team. Viewing wise the first half was junk - we had a 4/4 effort today and although it doesn’t result in sexy football or sexy score lines - I’m satisfied.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I was thinking that......not sure if carrying an injury actually, even b4 he went down with the ankle.

He was carrying a knee injury into the game, according to Goodwin at the post game press conference.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Maybe the goal kicking monkey got off the back as well. As he said after the match...."I just need to hit the checkside kick from 50m out and ill be right" Classic Max.

I wish he'd take goal kicking ultra seriously 

as eddie murphy said "that [censored] ain't funny mthfker"

• Like 1