Farewell Jack Watts

PaulRB

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, rjay said:

No turmoil.

They recognised early they had the wrong person in the CEO role and moved her on.

We kept the wrong person in that role for years and nearly destroyed the club doing it.

Also just now, Bruce Stevenson has resigned from the Hawthorn board - see the discussion on trade radio for more details

"Stevenson has become very disgruntled with where the club is at and how it's being run"

Sounds a little like turmoil to me.

Edited by SFebey
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DSP said:

Wallet on SEN:

Watts out to his choice of club.

Lever down back

TMac to take Watts position up forward along with Weeds and Hogan next year

Given the Tigers success with a small forward line, I am not sure we would go with three talls in our forward line. But it is good to have them all the same, considering the injuries we get.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rjay said:

No turmoil.

They recognised early they had the wrong person in the CEO role and moved her on.

We kept the wrong person in that role for years and nearly destroyed the club doing it.

Now that's turmoil...

Board member has resigned, board challenge likely

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Do you honestly believe we would give Jack up for any old pick in the draft? If so Goodwin and company have rocks in their head.

We'll probably get a mid-late 2nd round pick (pick 27-35) unless it's a swap of players.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Mate from Sydney reckons Rohan is on the outer ( not surprising given he chokes in Finals) He reckons Watts for Rohan?! 

I said No Bloody way known we would entertain that deal!!

Hang on a minute this is Melbourne!!

More I think about it .. the more I wouldn't mind this scenario. Goody most likely will want to emulate the small pressure forward blueprint .. and a forward line of Rohan, Garlett and Hannan would be a good mix. All can take a mark, great goal sense and can lay a tackle. – Pending we get Lever, TMac & Hogan forward, with those 3 blokes at their feet makes for a pretty exciting forward set up.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Given the Tigers success with a small forward line, I am not sure we would go with three talls in our forward line. But it is good to have them all the same, considering the injuries we get.

Exactly. No way you can play Hogan, TMac and Weid in one forward line in the modern game and win more games of footy than not. Forward pressure would be just about non-existent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Exactly. No way you can play Hogan, TMac and Weid in one forward line in the modern game and win more games of footy than not. Forward pressure would be just about non-existent.

Depends on how versatile your key forwards are. Even though they didn't win on Saturday, the crows were pretty successful playing Tex, Jenkins and their even more versatile types like McGoven and Lynch further up the ground. It opens their forward line right up giving more space to Cameron and Betts to do their thing. 

I would be disappointed to see Watts go. I think he is a genuine lead up forward who can link and create much like Lynch does for Adelaide. I just don't know who else in that team can play that role? Maybe Weid eventually but Hogan and Tmac are far better deeper in the forward line then they are further up the ground.

Edited by mongrel

8 minutes ago, DSP said:

Wallet on SEN:

Watts out to his choice of club.

Lever down back

TMac to take Watts position up forward along with Weeds and Hogan next year

Jack Watts cooked his own goose with his pre-season. Really poor from a player entering his ninth year to effectively get suspended from the pre-season competition. People keep mentioning his accuracy in front of goals, and whilst I agree he is very accurate, he doesn't shoot for goal very often - 143 goals in 153 games. 

Not sure now about Lever. Previously I was pretty strong on him, but he is certainly not worth 2 first-round draft picks, and if Collingwood are silly enough to do that deal (as is now being reported), then let them do it. Hopefully, Oscar Mac and Sam Frost will continue to develop as tall defenders, as they did last year.

I like the idea of T Mac as a deep forward. Always puts up a strong contest for the footy. His only weakness is his short-kicking, so if he is deep forward, he just has to just kick at goal, which he did really well in the season just gone.I think Jesse Hogan would be great further up the ground at half-forward. Tom and Jesse are our two tall forwards - shouldn't have three.

Not sure about Weeds - maybe he should be developed as a tall back, as Hawthorn have done with Ryan Burton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Just a small correction Sir...Goodwin was a back to back premiership player in his first two years as a player.  He became captain 10 years later for for three years and it finished 5th, 5th and 11th at which time he retired as a player.

I'm delighted he won 2 premierships, has lots of AA's and B&F's so clearly he is driven and a terrific player but was he or is he a good leader?  The jury is still out on that. 

Correct. My mistake. I did mean player

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Utter tripe. Any "vitriol" if you really want to call it that is directed towards the supporters who seem intent on tearing down the coach and FD based on their decision to trade an underperforming player who likes to pick and choose when he will take his job seriously.

Noone feels "cheated" that he is not a mercurial saviour, we feel cheated when we hear that a senior player turns up to preseason in poor condition, we feel cheated when a senior player throws out one arm in a poor attempt to tackle, we feel cheated when a senior player doesn't compare in a marking contest. 

This is not vitriol, it is pointing out some very obvious failings of one of our senior players.

Whatever m8 - 

1 hour ago, SFebey said:

Also just now, Bruce Stevenson has resigned from the Hawthorn board - see the discussion on trade radio for more details

"Stevenson has become very disgruntled with where the club is at and how it's being run"

Sounds a little like turmoil to me.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Board member has resigned, board challenge likely

Interesting...well, lets hope they pull the wrong rein.

Might be a good to see them holding up the ladder for a while.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, demon25 said:

Message to MFC:

Trade Jack Watts - lose my membership

Simple

People power

Message to MFC 

Trade Jack Watts and I will buy FIVE memberships to make up for the impulsive clowns who are acting like we are shipping out prime Robbie Flower or David Neitz

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jake Spencer was also a clubman, one who plays a position we are quite short on. Why not the angst at delisting him? 

M8 not interested in playing games, Spencer may be redrafted by MFC, I believe that is a door open if he can't get a senior gig elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Number of the Beast said:

M8 not interested in playing games, Spencer may be redrafted by MFC, I believe that is a door open if he can't get a senior gig elsewhere.

Don't be so [censored] lazy.

This is not a text message. Are you 11 yrs old?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Message to MFC 

Trade Jack Watts and I will buy FIVE memberships to make up for the impulsive clowns who are acting like we are shipping out prime Robbie Flower or David Neitz

We failed in our finals quest because we are the weakest mentally of all clubs, and people are busting a foofa over the possible trading of undoubtedly our most fragile player?

I'm convinced that many of our supporters would prefer to have good "feelings" than a flag.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Message to MFC 

3 years ago today we lost R. Flower

43815600-A987-4723-A318-761AC3554FEC.jpeg

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, faultydet said:

We failed in our finals quest because we are the weakest mentally of all clubs, and people are busting a foofa over the possible trading of undoubtedly our most fragile player?

I'm convinced that many of our supporters would prefer to have good "feelings" than a flag.

I once asked TGR whether he preferred to win a flag or for him to be right.

He chose the latter.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1