Trade rumours

Big T Mac

4 hours ago, mo64 said:

That's a different argument. He's got currency now, so if we have to give up something good to address our deficiencies, then it's worth discussing.

So give away a potential10 yr key forward  that will create further decencies. 

Pedersen has 1 year left, so what happens when he retires

• Like 3

20 hours ago, A F said:

True. Kelly may have gone past him, but Shiel has been doing it for years now. 

I'm very intrigued by the Shiel comment though. @Brayshaw Self, is he on the table or is he seeking a trade? Bizarre, if they've put him on the table.

GWS are yet to decide if he is available but there are discussions about a trade for a top 3 pick at the moment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brayshaw Self said:

Just passing on what I hear. Nothing is set in stone yet as the season is still going. Just because things don't happen doesn't mean they were never happening.

And just because you 'hear' something off Facebook doesn't mean it's fact, which is what you are trying so hard to pass it off as.  Keep trying though, you throw enough darts then you'll hit the board at some stage.

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

And just because you 'hear' something off Facebook doesn't mean it's fact, which is what you are trying so hard to pass it off as.  Keep trying though, you throw enough darts then you'll hit the board at some stage.

I forgot that this thread was called trade facts.

Mate, I'm literally passing on second hand information from AFL club staff. I don't think you've grasped the concept of this thread.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Brayshaw Self said:

I forgot that this thread was called trade facts.

Mate, I'm literally passing on second hand information from AFL club staff. I don't think you've grasped the concept of this thread.

AFL club staff?  Right.

I heard that the 'Bont' wants out and has nominated the Dees as his club of choice if we can get the deal done.  Sick of the party culture.

Get it done, Dees.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

AFL club staff?  Right.

I heard that the 'Bont' wants out and has nominated the Dees as his club of choice if we can get the deal done.  Sick of the party culture.

Get it done, Dees.

Why are you being such a c*ck?

Sheez.

Trade 'rumours'.

Take a Valium.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Brayshaw Self said:

GWS are yet to decide if he is available but there are discussions about a trade for a top 3 pick at the moment.

I'm with Wiseblood. This is a piece of crock. The notion that GWS would even consider trading an established star in Shiel for a top 3 pick is ludicrous. They are in their Premiership window now, and Shiel is a key component.

The line "GWS are yet to decide if he is available" suggests that your source is someone trying to bignote themselves.

• Like 1

As good a place as any, though I'd be very surprised if anything came of it. Still ...

"It is understood the Suns sought out Melbourne assistant and Level Four coach Jade Rawlings for a preliminary discussion. It is not clear if the 39-year-old will be formally interviewed. Rawlings has been the Demons' backline assistant since 2012 and has developed a strong resume through stints with the Brisbane Lions and Richmond, where he was caretaker coach for 11 rounds in 2009. "

56 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Why are you being such a c*ck?

Sheez.

Trade 'rumours'.

Take a Valium.

Because it's complete and utter rubbish.  It's not a rumour, it's garbage.

Shout out to @Lucifer's Hero who is never far away from a like when someone takes a pot shot in my direction.  Good to see you, too.

Edited by Wiseblood

There is a good chance that by the time next season comes along they, the AFL, will have changed the Rules so much, that outside speed won't be anywhere near as much in demand as what it is this season. A little tinkering in the middle, like no nomination, could possibly make crowding out further a reality and reduce congestion in close, thus speeding things up, only cleaner.

Aside from this we don't deliver well inside 50, do we?

30 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Because it's complete and utter rubbish.  It's not a rumour, it's garbage.

Shout out to @Lucifer's Hero who is never far away from a like when someone takes a pot shot in my direction.  Good to see you, too.

The way you reacted to Brayshaw self's couple of posts is not far off Satys approach mate - whether it's rubbish or not it came across as being completely OTT.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, McQueen said:

The way you reacted to Brayshaw self's couple of posts is not far off Satys approach mate - whether it's rubbish or not it came across as being completely OTT.

Oh, that's low. Almost too low from you, Steve. 

OTT or not, it was still garbage. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Oh, that's low. Almost too low from you, Steve. 

OTT or not, it was still garbage. 

Yeah.

Sorry.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, willmoy said:

could possibly make crowding out further a reality and reduce congestion in close

Watch this space. The game is becoming a congested slog as players lurch from one contest to the next, broken up each time not by clearing the ball but by the umpires stepping in to put everyone out of their misery. Will be interesting to see what if anything the AFL and the Rules Committee do.

For the moment, I don't know that I'd be putting all my recruiting eggs into insiders only - even if we did just see the Bombers bundled out because of a lack of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mo64 said:

Wasn't Andrew Daff a doctor at the club? I reckon Jane02 might of been confused with what she heard.

No guys, I know Dr Daff's sister and he is currently working for Richmond and is not acquainted with Jane02. Jane02 got her info from  Gaff family memeber who happens to be a health professional (note I did not say doctor). What Gaff wants and how West Coast play it may be different. I am sure MFC are aware of Gaff's interest but whether they can make it reality is a different matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

AFL club staff?  Right.

Get it done, Dees.

38 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I thought the response from The Wise One was a fine bit of satire, equalling in response to the spirit that was suggested by the statement that this thread is for 'Trade Facts'... lol

• Like 1

Maybe this thread should be renamed 'ridiculous trade rumours' ???

Seems to me that any rumour here is (at very best) speculation and more often than not, full of bs and should be taken as such

But I like the party culture bit, that's a club I'd like to be a member of. What's that quote by Groucho Marx about not sure they'd want me as a member?