Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 22

Demonland

2 minutes ago, bing181 said:

You don't know that. He could just as easily have given away 3 or 4 goals through turnovers.

People have got to stop running this film of "what might have happened" in their heads as if it's reality - and then arguing from that as if it did.

He may have but his closing speed and contest ability would have been useful.

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

Not happy Bernie.

We effectictively start 1 goal down if he kicks out .

How many times does he have to chip it too the opp.

The umpiring was putrid.

Tom Mac was rank first half.

I'm convinced the umpire are instructed to make games closer by paying stupid weak frees that represent their lame souls and evil manipulative characters.

Worst game in a while

Well done Biff. You have got to the nub of the umpire problem. One error you have made is assuming they have souls. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

He is a bit over rated by many IMO steve.

Viney for Tyson when fit.

Frost for Wags.

Watts for Stretch.

That will be our best line up for finals if we make it.

Seriously???? We are about to embark on a long awaited finals campaign and you want one of our best ball getters out of the team.

Screw the stats, ugly win and I'll take it, plenty of improvement left and at least the impressive part is how we have responded in the last two weeks when challenged.

Last week Tyson only had 1 turnover in a big game  but not many seemed to notice then.

Todays game was the big worry for mine, more so than next week.

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

We lied down to easily for me. We have them by the throat and decided to let go. Great teams don't do that. If we don't win next week that extra 2-3% could be the difference.

We haven't learnt to smash sides yet. It is all about winning. 

We were smashed by all for so long i am just happy to win

In September % means bugger all

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

We failed to slow the game down at that point though SW and should have (about 15 or so to go).  We then tried to with about 5 minutes to go instead with only a slight lead and nearly lost the match as a result.

We still have a bit to learn i reckon re;   when it's time to play fast or slow.

Little bit of a coaching faux pas as well. At that stage we had Jones and Oliver sitting on the bench together. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

@bing181

Tyson - 27 possessions @ 59% efficiency. 19 of his disposals were handballs and half his possessions uncontested. 3 tackles, 0 score involvements and 0 assists.

Seriously. 

There's nowhere to hide man.

And what did you omit?

14 contested possessions, only just behind Beams and Oliver, and ahead of 41 other players out there today.

Confirmation bias in action.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

He is a bit over rated by many IMO steve.

Viney for Tyson when fit.

Frost for Wags.

Watts for Stretch.

That will be our best line up for finals if we make it.

Absolutely.

I'd have Viney in for him too.

Salem for Wagner.

Watts for Stretch.

We need better ball users in our side and Salem and Watts provide that.

14 minutes ago, layzie said:

He may have but his closing speed and contest ability would have been useful.

You would hope so, but he was poor the last few matches he played, closing speed or not. Apparently played well at Casey, so hopefully he has his mojo back. He's still a heart-in-mouth player with ball in hand though.

8 minutes ago, bing181 said:

And what did you omit?

14 contested possessions, only just behind Beams and Oliver, and ahead of 41 other players out there today.

Confirmation bias in action.

What are you talking about? 

I was pointing out his disposal efficiency. That was what you were highlighting earlier today. I provided his uncontested count to back up my point about his ball use. Half of his possessions were uncontested and yet he still only went at 59% efficiency. That's hideous!

There's no confirmation bias. Tyson's 27 possession game was of no significance, it was fluff. I simply highlighted why. 

You've listed the fact that he won 14 contested possessions as though it's some sort of feat? This is the AFL, not the little league. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bing181 said:

You would hope so, but he was poor the last few matches he played, closing speed or not. Apparently played well at Casey, so hopefully he has his mojo back. He's still a heart-in-mouth player with ball in hand though.

Definitely heart in mouth so probably wouldn't have helped in the usage area and has been very poor in general lately. I just feel that he can bring something a bit different when up and running. 

13 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I was pointing out his disposal efficiency. That was what you were highlighting earlier today. I provided his uncontested count to back up my point about his ball use. Half of his possessions were uncontested and yet he still only went at 59% efficiency. That's hideous!

There's no confirmation bias. Tyson's 27 possession game was of no significance, it was fluff. I simply highlighted why. 

You've listed the fact that he won 14 contested possessions as though it's some sort of feat? This is the AFL, not the little league. 

Dusty is going at 62% efficiency for the year and half his disposals are uncontested, Tyson going at 66% for the season.

WGAF right now. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I was pointing out his disposal efficiency. That was what you were highlighting earlier today. I provided his uncontested count to back up my point about his ball use. Half of his possessions were uncontested and yet he still only went at 59% efficiency. That's hideous!

What did you like about the game today, Steve?  Anything?  Must be tough constantly looking for the worst in things, even after a win.  You are welcome to enjoy it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Win4theAges said:

Have you taken a look at North they are a disgrace play like busted a holes for the last 3 months and suddenly play like there lives depended on it against us, you can put house on it they will tank the house down next week against the Lions and gain the 1st draft pick.

Brisbane had nothing to play for today no expectation but they rise coz were a young talented team they rested players like Hipwood and 2-3 others primed for this game been a common theme this year. 

100% north are tanking. After it became a topic in the media a few weeks ago, they thought they better put in a mammoth effort for their next game, beating us.

since then just back to losing, they are much better than 18th

tanking is a little more nuanced these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hogan2014 said:

Just want know HWF did we lose to Freo & Nth Melb??? 

We are Norths bunnies. They know it and get up for it every time. We know it and play like [censored] every time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

What did you like about the game today, Steve?  Anything?  Must be tough constantly looking for the worst in things, even after a win.  You are welcome to enjoy it.

Demonland is where I vent..

In between posts I'm dancing the salsa whilst wearing a poncho and a sombrero.

A poncho/sombrero combo. 

It's a jamboree at my house.

Up the dees. (Lift Oscar)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, faultydet said:

It was a chin tap, but Bernie was probably trying to distract from the fact he dropped his knee into the blokes ass after he took the mark.

Quite a dirty buzztard is Bernie.

Saw it the same way faulty but I reckon it was a decent "tap"

And yes .. Bernie is an opportunistic sniper but .... you gotta love the fella.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hogan2014 said:

Just want know HWF did we lose to Freo & Nth Melb??? 

Any top 8 side would have a couple of those games.   It's an even competition. 

Edited by Stretch Johnson
  • Like 1

Just now, Stretch Johnson said:

Any top 8 side and they would have a couple of those games.   It's an even competition. 

I think this is easy for some to forget, Stretch.  While it doesn't excuse our losses this year, others have had some shockers as well.  The Lions rolled Essendon on their home deck, for example.  Even GWS rolled over against Carlton earlier in the year.

It's been such an even competition this year that, if you're not on your game, you can get rolled by anyone.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

Dusty is going at 62% efficiency for the year and half his disposals are uncontested, Tyson going at 66% for the season.

WGAF right now. 

And just to add:

- Dusty is currently ranked first in the league for a) clangers and b) turnovers

- Dusty wasn't getting the kind of performance figures he's getting now when he was Tyson's age or with Tyson's no. of matches.

These are coalface players. It gets messy.

• Like 5

Sad drop in the quality of some of people now in the MCC members. If the person(s) who took my black coat from the front row of Q48  (saving our seats whilst out getting my daughter's MFC member's rewards cards) would have the decency to hand it in to lost property that would be great!

Edited by TRIGON
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

5 minutes ago, bing181 said:

And just to add:

- Dusty is currently ranked first in the league for a) clangers and b) turnovers

- Dusty wasn't getting the kind of performance figures he's getting now when he was Tyson's age or with Tyson's no. of matches.

These are coalface players. It gets messy.

Spot on!!!!