POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 4

Demonland

I did like Goody moving Petracca into the middle. We do forget he was a beast midfielder at TAC level.

I'd love for Tracca to start getting some qaulity midfield minutes over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, A F said:

You're right. It seemed to be a philosophy-driven decision not to flood. We'll beat them playing our game or we won't win at all mentality. Goody strikes me as a very flexible and adaptable coach. He said as much on the radio pre-game, but in retrospect we probably should have put a few players back midway through the third, when they got ahead. 

Wouldn't say it's a crisis, but it's certainly Goody's first proper test.

Wow. Just wow, mate. Seriously. 

What an ordinary troll you are.

No they won't. If any of those three get injured, they're stuffed.

Neale turned the game for them in the third. They killed us on the spread, but I still think they'll finish bottom 4.

This is what I said last week. We clearly didn't hurt after last week. We obviously felt we'd romp it home. I hope they learn, but I don't see it just yet.

I hate dual Captaincy. Always will

dilutes the role. Vice Captaincy exists for a very good reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Could just as easily be 0-4. We are where we deserve to be.

They beat the saints comfortably and over worked the blues in a scrappy match. Just let themselves down for the two losses. Not really sure how the Dee's could be EASILY 0-4.

14 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Frost just isn't just ahead of Oscar, He's LIGHT YEARS ahead, Oscar should now only play if we have a lot of injuries! IMV And I have been saying it for yonks!

Frost may be light years ahead of Oscar but his awareness and disposal are still fairly average.

Would make a great Rugger forward.

Hopefully Jason Taylor and co will find a key defender who is composed with the ball and can hit targets consistently.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Actually it was Tyson and it was a very soft free for a slight touch on Fyfe. Jones is scragged far worse most games including today without that reward. 

He grabbed his arm 'Red', not for long but just enough.

It was there and a professional free kick as Fyfe was off & away.

You win some you lose some...

46 minutes ago, olisik said:

Shows our midfield has no defensive game. Freos mids kicked half of their goals today.

They kicked most when they were resting...not our mids fault just very poor defence today.

Our defenders think a zone absolves them of responsibility for a player or players...

Can anyone tell me why today some umpires bounced at the centre and then one decided he would throw it up. The throw up was certainly to Sandi's advantage. I thought post a goal it was always bounced now it seems optional......

3 minutes ago, demoniac said:

Frost may be light years ahead of Oscar but his awareness and disposal are still fairly average.

Would make a great Rugger forward.

Hopefully Jason Taylor and co will find a key defender who is composed with the ball and can hit targets consistently.

Frost will be lucky to be on the list next year...awareness, disposal and football nohow is well blow required level for AFL.

I don't want to whinge about the umpiring, because if anything, I thought we got the rub of the green in the first half, but I would love to see a replay of Oliver's throw. He always gets his hands up high and often hits unconventional handballs, but they are still legal, and that one in particular, looked like a handball to me. It would be almost impossible to rocket a 10 metre throw in congestion with your left hand to the left side like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Older demon said:

Can anyone tell me why today some umpires bounced at the centre and then one decided he would throw it up. The throw up was certainly to Sandi's advantage. I thought post a goal it was always bounced now it seems optional......

The AFL have lost full control of the stoppage. The nomination thing is a farce.

Sandi was going early all day at the centre bounce and just propped himself on spencer as he came down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjay said:

They kicked most when they were resting...not our mids fault just very poor defence today.

Our defenders think a zone absolves them of responsibility for a player or players...

Our setups at centre bounces and ball ups/throw ins were horrendous. Too often we had more numbers at the contest but no players on the outside. Cue Dockers winning the clearance and releasing through a sea of red and blue to a Docker in metres of space.

We have some horrendous ball users in defence but when our mids are allowing their opponents to run riot its hard to blame the defenders.

2 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

The only positive I take is the fightback came from Trac Salem and Oliver getting their hands dirty and Hunt gut running. It's Viney Jones Vince and Mcdonald who need to look at themselves for allowing a side to get on a 7 goal roll without trying to slow down and take some life out of the game. That is where it was lost. Hodge Lewis Hurn Selwood Danger all would have taken it upon themselves to stop the rot. Viney disapoints me most for not doing this

Salem is developing really nicely isn't he? Such a smooth mover, but doesn't stuff around with it too much.

Great post this too, mate. Couldn't agree with it more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

Frost will be lucky to be on the list next year...awareness, disposal and football nohow is well blow required level for AFL.

Wait up...what? That is ridiculous. He is clearly an athlete first, but the rest of his game was pretty good today, especially considering it was his first game back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

You are Kidding right?? Well if that's the case Oscar Mac will play for Manangatang Magoos next year! 

Frost was very good today and a definate upgrade on Omac!

• Like 2

Just now, demoniac said:

Our setups at centre bounces and ball ups/throw ins were horrendous. Too often we had more numbers at the contest but no players on the outside. Cue Dockers winning the clearance and releasing through a sea of red and blue to a Docker in metres of space.

We have some horrendous ball users in defence but when our mids are allowing their opponents to run riot its hard to blame the defenders.

Rawlings and Goodwin?

who trains set ups. They should be 2nd nature by round 4

5 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Wait up...what? That is ridiculous. He is clearly an athlete first, but the rest of his game was pretty good today, especially considering it was his first game back.

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

You are Kidding right?? Well if that's the case Oscar Mac will play for Manangatang Magoos next year! 

Frost was very good today and a definate upgrade on Omac!

Not sure if either of you were at the game today but Frost was dreadful.

Didn't seem to know who he was responsible for then when he got the ball used wrong options, missed targets, spoiled the ball back into play...

It's not about effort, it's about class and ability and if we're to be a decent team then Frost isn't the answer...

Edited by rjay

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Not sure if either of you were at the game today but Frost was dreadful.

I'm not sure you were. He wasn't Steve Silvagni, but he was far from dreadful. It was a ridiculous comment, and you have been rightly pulled up on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Nasher said:

First time on here today, can't be bothered reading through 10 pages of mindless hysteria. Anyone got any particularly good posts they recommend reading?

Losing a game like that Nasher is not easy to take especialy when it was so obvious what would happen in our forward line.

So dont expect much reasoned comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, olisik said:

Hate to say it but the Weeds is going to struggle at AFL level. Very concerning draft pick and very Lucas Cook esque. Too skinny, doesn't run and no mongrel. Can't even get a goal 15m with the game on the line either.

Give me a spell. 

19 minutes ago, old dee said:

Smith would not have missed that goal and would have at least provided someone for Freo to worry about.

You don't know that Smith would have got that goal, any more than you know if he would have even been in the position to have a shot in the first place.

None of us know for certain "what would have happened", and if you think otherwise, you can give me the Tattslotto numbers for next week.

2 minutes ago, bing181 said:

You don't know that Smith would have got that goal, any more than you know if he would have even been in the position to have a shot in the first place.

None of us know for certain "what would have happened", and if you think otherwise, you can give me the Tattslotto numbers for next week.

No chance I am a greedy sod I am keeping them for myself.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abe said:

Hogan and Lewis have cost us two wins with their stupidity in my opinion.

With you on Lewis, but I'm still pretty annoyed about Hogan. God, we could have used him today. We just seem to lack structure up forward. Still don't think he deserved two weeks, especially considering his record and the fact that  Rowe was busily punching him in the shoulder when he struck back with an open hand. It happened right in front of me, and Rowe looked like he was milking it for all it was worth.  What screwed us was the medical report, but even there I'm suspicious. No time out, played well the next week. I know somebody here defended the doctor, but there are doctors and there are doctors. Some are super-cautious, conservative, others will say whatever you want them to.  I'd be surprised if half the Carlton team didn't show symptoms akin to those Rowe was supposedly showing.

• Like 1