Changes v Geelong

stuie

Stu.

You don't knock your granny on the head because she can no longer foxtrot.

Cam Pederson is  a lightly raced 6 year old in racing terms.

Just now, Biffen said:

Stu.

You don't knock your granny on the head because she can no longer foxtrot.

Cam Pederson is  a lightly raced 6 year old in racing terms.

Bizarrely enough Biffen, you're the first reasonably civil poster, so I'll explain calmly to you what the others are deliberately missing so they can have their little internet wars.

I'm not saying Pedersen is done this year and it's all over. I'm not saying Dawes is better, I said weeks ago Dawes was now done and Pedersen was the more likely to be kept on.

The discussion was about the players we talk about as a big part of our future, so given Pedo will be 30 when the next season starts, and given he doesn't have a great tank, isn't regular 22 and we have some young key forwards coming through, then logically that's why he's not being talked about. He will get 1 more year at best. Has been serviceable this year, but he's simply not worth mentioning as far as our future goes.

Hogan, Viney, Tyson, Oliver, Petracca, Hunt, Brayshaw etc. they are the future.

Generally one year contracts are the norm past 30 and Pedo got a lovely 3 year deal from Neeld so $$wise he has done well already.

if we got the million dollar Volvo out of the garage and put it on eBay it would be ice.

I would like to get a look at Huellet at this level in place of VB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Stuie you are the one struggling mate. You constantly do. I am pretty certain you are the same Stuie that posts garbage all over the Facebook footy pages. First name xxxxxxx.  Last name xxxxxx. Been reading your rubbish here and there for years.  Pedo has kicked goals.in all games he has played. He holds his marks. He is no slouch.  He actually has made our team better than  Hogan this year.  The stats tell you so. He was great against Geelong last year. Great against the GC this year. You have no idea. We don't have another big bodied forward right now and you wanna cast him to the wind coz he is 30. Remember how well the old youth policy worked when Schwabb enforced  it on the FD.  Get back on your meds and take a nap

Please do not reveal the personal information of posters. If you do this again you will be banned for life.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Please do not reveal the personal information of posters. If you do this again you will be banned for life.

I ask this question out of interest about the norms of social media.

If information is already available on social media (and provided it is there with consent) in some form or other, is it acceptable to reproduce it on another media?

14 hours ago, old dee said:

And he is so far in front of all the other possibilities he cannot hear the band Mr. Leg.

If he is not retained for 2017  I will be extremely annoyed.

Pedo will be on the list next year, worry not.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Stuie you are the one struggling mate. You constantly do. I am pretty certain you are the same Stuie that posts garbage all over the Facebook footy pages. First name xxxxxxx.  Last name xxxxxx. Been reading your rubbish here and there for years.  Pedo has kicked goals.in all games he has played. He holds his marks. He is no slouch.  He actually has made our team better than  Hogan this year.  The stats tell you so. He was great against Geelong last year. Great against the GC this year. You have no idea. We don't have another big bodied forward right now and you wanna cast him to the wind coz he is 30. Remember how well the old youth policy worked when Schwabb enforced  it on the FD.  Get back on your meds and take a nap

Ahhhhh I worked out who you are. Not surprisingly you were banned from the facebook group for personal insults, so obviously sour grapes since then.

You're also the poster who has made a habit out of posting about player's personal lives, including Jim Stynes' marriage.

Stay classy champ.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I ask this question out of interest about the norms of social media.

If information is already available on social media (and provided it is there with consent) in some form or other, is it acceptable to reproduce it on another media?

Not on here. If someone reveals there real name on Demonland then that is fair game.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Another idiot who missed the point. At least now we're getting a definitive list of those who prefers to troll rather than discuss the point.

This is exactly the type of post you report about others abusing you stuie.

Guys if you can't stop the personal attacks then perhaps the only solution is for all of you to go.

Play the ball not the man.

Last warning for a few of you.

Next time I'll pull the plug without warning.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

This is exactly the type of post you report about others abusing you stuie.

Guys if you can't stop the personal attacks then perhaps the only solution is for all of you to go.

Play the ball not the man.

Last warning for a few of you.

Next time I'll pull the plug without warning.

Yeah fair call, I'll cop that, was a bit fired up at that stage.

Like doping, I am all for lifetime bans!

Funny thing about social media. We meet idiots or folks we disagree with every day but that does not mean that we tell the person or others what we think of them. Indeed in my experience, when we do, it reflects on us and we regret it. 

I don't know why we can't have an opinion without voicing it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Like doping, I am all for lifetime bans!

Funny thing about social media. We meet idiots or folks we disagree with every day but that does not mean that we tell the person or others what we think of them. Indeed in my experience, when we do, it reflects on us and we regret it. 

I don't know why we can't have an opinion without voicing it. 

Sadly it is the world we now live in Ernest.

There are lots of upsides to social media but there are an equal number of down sides.

I try to ignore the downs but I am not always successful.

23 hours ago, stuie said:

He'll be 30 when next season starts, that's why.

Pedo started a bit late in football so his body hasn't been battered like some 30 year old players. He adds to the balance of the side.

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Pedo started a bit late in football so his body hasn't been battered like some 30 year old players. He adds to the balance of the side.

Yep I get that, but again, my point was we were talking about players who are our future. I don't class any player 30 or over as our future. Viney, Petracca, Hogan, Gawn, Brayshaw, Oliver, Hunt etc are our future.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep I get that, but again, my point was we were talking about players who are our future. I don't class any player 30 or over as our future. Viney, Petracca, Hogan, Gawn, Brayshaw, Oliver, Hunt etc are our future.

Sometimes Stu,   you just can't play players for the future.    You need experieced hard bodied players to help the kids through so they gain that experience.

Look at GWS....For the first few years they just played kids.   Then added players like Shaw,Mummy,Griffen,Johnson etc etc to be a fairly balanced side

Their kids are beginning to gain maturity and are growing into their bodies.   You need players that are 25 to 34 to balance your list otherwise all you are left with are kids that are played way to early.    We have been down that road before.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don't necessarily either Stuie, although it didn't stop GWS recruiting a 32 year old Steve Johnson who has been invaluable to players like Toby Greene and their development.  These players still have a role to play in any football side.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, the kids are our future but until they are capable of taking up the reigns they will need players like Pedo and Matt Jones and Trenners and a few others to help them through. So I guess that in a way Pedo is part of our future because he is an important player for the club until they are ready.

Quite conceivably he could play for another 4 years or so, I guess you have to ask, where does the future start and the present end?

• Like 1

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, the kids are our future but until they are capable of taking up the reigns they will need players like Pedo and Matt Jones and Trenners and a few others to help them through. So I guess that in a way Pedo is part of our future because he is an important player for the club until they are ready.

Quite conceivably he could play for another 4 years or so, I guess you have to ask, where does the future start and the present end?

In the case of Pedersen it does end after next weekend that is for sure.

Perhaps at the end of 2017 or 2018 but in 2017 he is a very much required player IMO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

Sometimes Stu,   you just can't play players for the future.    You need experieced hard bodied players to help the kids through so they gain that experience.

Look at GWS....For the first few years they just played kids.   Then added players like Shaw,Mummy,Griffen,Johnson etc etc to be a fairly balanced side

Their kids are beginning to gain maturity and are growing into their bodies.   You need players that are 25 to 34 to balance your list otherwise all you are left with are kids that are played way to early.    We have been down that road before.

8 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I don't necessarily either Stuie, although it didn't stop GWS recruiting a 32 year old Steve Johnson who has been invaluable to players like Toby Greene and their development.  These players still have a role to play in any football side.

I'm not sure how many more times it needs to be explained...

I'm not saying Pedo isn't worth keeping next year, and I'm definitely not saying we don't need mature bodies around while the kids develop, but any player 30 or over is not going to be part of our "future". I'm not talking about their current role or worth, I'm talking about the future, as that was the point originally discussed.

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm not sure how many more times it needs to be explained...

I'm not saying Pedo isn't worth keeping next year, and I'm definitely not saying we don't need mature bodies around while the kids develop, but any player 30 or over is not going to be part of our "future". I'm not talking about their current role or worth, I'm talking about the future, as that was the point originally discussed.

Long term future?  Sure, I agree with that.  But he is still part of our shorter future over the next 2-3 years.  Well, I think he is anyway.