• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE MOST AWESOME POST MATCH THREAD EVER!!!

8 hours ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but I'm just getting around to watching some of the MFC website video content from last week's game and came across the post match interview with Jonesy. It genuinely sounds like he trying to fight back tears. Fascinating interview and proves how much the guy has ridden the ridicule we've all suffered (except amplified for him) as people connected with the MFC for the past decade and it's as if finally the shackles have been released.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2016-08-06/rd-20-nathan-jones-postmatch

It's just not me, but he is fighting back tears, right?

I am just watching him!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

How does that compare with others?

It's quite smooth, the spices are well balanced, none of them are overpowering. I don't mind Sailor Jerry's but the vanilla can be quite strong. 

I don't think Baron Samedi mixes as well as others though, I have it straight. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I haven't, worth a try? I need a bottle of something for Saturday nights game

Between us, a work colleague and I have had a few of the spiced rums. Captain Morgans, Sailor Jerry, Stolen, Kraken, Black Captain Morgans, Bundy Mutiny Bay, Red Leg, Mount Gay, Rebellion Bay. Would be the best out of those. Good price at $31.99 at Dans.

Edited by Devil is in the Detail
  • Like 1

OK I rarely look at and never really post in post-match threads, but couldn't resist this time.
Being at the ground, the atmosphere was unbelievable in that last quarter charge.
The euphoria at the siren was about on a par with being at last seasons game at Kardinia Park.

I've watched the replay twice now, and could easily watch it again tomorrow and still have a grin from ear to ear.

Right from the first bounce, where the umpire fails to execute it, and the camera hones in on him
with a smile on his dial, you just knew the camera was then going to go to pan over to Big Maxy offering
a few words of advice to the hapless green goblin, all said with a mischievious grin on his face.

A few other completely random observations:
-Kents field kicking was superb, he really can fire bullets with that left peg when on.
-Oliver's clearance work: his ability to get his arms free in heavy traffic is superb, as are
his second efforts, see that last quarter where he won a ball in the middle and streamed forward to
lay two tackles inside 50.
-VDB's second halves in the last two wins have been great, offering a leading target higher up the ground,
and the ability to hit the scoreboard. Just needs to bring that sort of impact to his first halves.
-The clear coaches instruction early in the match for Hunt, Frost and McDonald to take the game on, and 
run at and through the Hawthorn forwards. Provided exciting and unpredictable results.
-Jetta continued his outstanding season. His vision while in the middle of heavy traffic to find the right 
option is second to none.

• Like 5

Sometimes it is good to have friends that follow Hawthorn. I have enjoyed every conversation with them this week . It has been many a long year where their condescending tone has riled me. Thanks Dees. I have not even heard an excuse for the loss. We simply beat them.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Sometimes it is good to have friends that follow Hawthorn. I have enjoyed every conversation with them this week . It has been many a long year where their condescending tone has riled me. Thanks Dees. I have not even heard an excuse for the loss. We simply beat them.

You didn't hear their coach then. Apparently it was their inexperience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

You've got to to understand where Clarkson's coming from. It's important that he provide Hawthorn supporters with hope for the future. Continuing failure breads further failure. It's important to put the building blocks in place for sustained success. They don't want to be considered a basket case and unless the supporters can see a future for the club they may get sick of performances like these. 

Of course, the alternative explanation is that the relative inexperience was actually Clarkson's when fronting the media after a loss. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

I laughed so hard when I saw this in the presser.

I really wish a journo would have actually done their job and quoted the actual experience and age differentials.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Choke said:

I laughed so hard when I saw this in the presser.

I really wish a journo would have actually done their job and quoted the actual experience and age differentials.

For what it's worth, if it hasn't already been stated elsewhere:
Average Age: Hawks 26y 222d Melb 23y 176d

Average Games Played: Hawks 130 Melb 66

So younger by over 3 years, and average half as many games as them per player!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DemonDave said:

For what it's worth, if it hasn't already been stated elsewhere:
Average Age: Hawks 26y 222d Melb 23y 176d

Average Games Played: Hawks 130 Melb 66

So younger by over 3 years, and average half as many games as them per player!

Can't be true. Clarko told me so.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Redleg said:

Yes, Ollie gave him a forearm into his back.

Careful Redleg.  Knowing the inconsistency of the MRP they may have another late look at that. Deliberate, hard contact,off the ball, against a protected species  - 4 down to 3.9 with a guilty plea ?

Christ Hawthorn are arrogant flogs. Can't stand Jordan Lewis, something about his smug persona irritates the hell out of me.

Tonight on 360 parroting on and on about how disappointed they were for "not showing up" against us, giving us no credit whatsoever for the win and seeming to catch himself before making a comment that implied clubs are embarrassed to lose to us, before trailing off in a different direction.

How about showing some humility for being beaten on the day by the vastly better team? Can't wait to see your club fall off the cliff as younger teams start overrunning your sniping geriatrics.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Christ Hawthorn are arrogant flogs. Can't stand Jordan Lewis, something about his smug persona irritates the hell out of me.

Tonight on 360 parroting on and on about how disappointed they were for "not showing up" against us, giving us no credit whatsoever for the win and seeming to catch himself before making a comment that implied clubs are embarrassed to lose to us, before trailing off in a different direction.

How about showing some humility for being beaten on the day by the vastly better team? Can't wait to see your club fall off the cliff as younger teams start overrunning your sniping geriatrics.

Haha. Turn it up, Jordan. 

Although they'd been winning, the first 3 quarters they played against us was the best form I'd seen them in in the last month or so. They had not been playing well, they were better against us. 

There was nothing they could do in the last quarter. And it was glorious. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Which is bulltish anyway. We didn't win because they didn't show up or were not switched on. It was a high pressure game, all game and until the last ten minutes our biggest lead was 17 points and IIRC correctly they got out to a 9 point lead after kicking 4 in a row (2 either side of halftime). 

16 minutes ago, binman said:

Which is bulltish anyway. We didn't win because they didn't show up or were not switched on. It was a high pressure game, all game and until the last ten minutes our biggest lead was 17 points and IIRC correctly they got out to a 9 point lead after kicking 4 in a row (2 either side of halftime). 

Of course, neither the sycophantic Dermott Brereton (who would never dare question a Hawks premiership player) and the vanilla wallpaper that is Anthony Hudson would dare pull up their precious guests on downright idiotic comments. The real hosts might have actually pulled Jordan up on his comments, maybe even reminded Jordan that Melbourne were leading at 3QT when we played earlier in the year. Guess Hawthorn didn't bother showing up to that match, either?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Such a smug [censored]. Rioli rattled off words to a similar effect.

The signs are there that the decline has begun. I just hope it's a steep drop and Lewis continues to hang around for a thrashing or two at the hands of GWS and MFC. No player deserves it more.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, P-man said:

Such a smug [censored]. Rioli rattled off words to a similar effect.

The signs are there that the decline has begun. I just hope it's a steep drop and Lewis continues to hang around for a thrashing or two at the hands of GWS and MFC. No player deserves it more.

It's clear that for them the loss to us really stung. It's also interesting that for a coach of Clarko's experience and for two of their senior players, they're really struggling to come to terms with it. All the things that usually work so well for them when they're in trouble - the behind-the-play snipes, the staging for frees - were completely ineffective, and they just ran out of answers. 

Heard another "version" of this Hawthorn spin on SEN afternoon, would have been the Monday or Tuesday after the Hawthorn game. Harf and whoever it is he's on with wanted to know who are the "most valuable players in the AFL - not the best but who are the players who, if they're missing, your side is going to struggle to win".

The first one they came up with: Paul Puopolo! Yeah, right.

The next was a Saint, Jarryn Geary I think.

Then the next ... James Frawley!!

Then the inevitable Toigs supporter rang in and offered Deledio.

Then Harf said: Ben Stratton, who "just never gets beaten one-on-one" (like Watts did a couple of times in the first two quarters).

So according to Harfthorn, three of the players in the AFL, without whom any team would struggle to win, are Puopolo & Frawley - who of course were injured & didn't play - & Stratton, who was off injured from late in the 2nd quarter. So the Hawks' "most valuable players" actually aren't Mitchell, Rioli, Hodge, Gibson, Lewis, Birchall, or Gunston - they're the three players on their list who happened to take little or no part against us!

This is when you know you've really got a side's measure.

• Like 2