Changes vs. North

Wiseblood

35 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

I don't understand ANB's continued absence from all squads, and I have not just started saying it this week.

He has a big tank, can run all day, perfect for 2016 footy with the limited interchange.

I, like others, am concerned there is something else going on.

Leg speed issue.  We have a one-paced midfield and that's why Stretch gets a look in ahead of him.  ANB would need Tyson to be dropped or Jones / Viney to be injured. 

Also, think tank is good -  but not elite -  only one full pre-season behind him -  has injured knee and late start in first year. 

Just now, Canplay said:

Leg speed issue.  We have a one-paced midfield and that's why Stretch gets a look in ahead of him.  ANB would need Tyson to be dropped or Jones / Viney to be injured. 

Also, think tank is good -  but not elite -  only one full pre-season behind him -  has injured knee and late start in first year. 

ANB is not slow and played 11 games last year.

1 minute ago, Rusty Nails said:

Pretty sure we saw enough of Kent last week Dockett. I would prefer to learn more watching him at Casey.

Can't argue about last week. He either extracts the digit or he's likely to have Petracca, Brayshaw,  maybe Trengove and others breathing right down his neck and he's not alone.

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Didn't stop him from playing half the games last year.

How much more form do Grimes, Wagner and Stretch have?

Stuie, it's not about form, it's about getting consecutive games together. Medical team may have advised they want him to completed 3 full games at VFL level to be confident his body will stand up at the next level, or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dee-Nee said:

Garland is no star, but what chance did he have against Daniher last week? He must have had a 2 foot reach advantage on Col. Roos didn't have a plan B and so its Garlands fault Daniher dominated. Frost out, Frost in. Confidence is starting to wain.

Whether it's Wiseblood, Saty or any other Garland 'defender', you just somehow refuse to see the bigger picture.... Always.

Maybe now would be the time that you should all sit down together and actually watch his NAB cup games and both rounds 1 and 2 of this year. Look at his output in all facets of the game in all games vs that of any player in our side.

Thank fark the coaches have finally made the call.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 2

B: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Tomas Bugg

HB: Matt Jones, Heritier Lumumba, Christian Salem

C: Bernie Vince, Dom Tyson, James Harmes

HF: Jack Watts, Aaron vandenBerg, Ben Kennedy

F: Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett

Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

I/C (from): Clayton Oliver, Lynden Dunn, Billy Stretch, Sam Frost, Cameron Pedersen, Jack Grimes, Josh Wagner

In: Lynden Dunn, Jack Grimes, Sam Frost, Josh Wagner, Billy Stretch

Out: Colin Garland, Angus Brayshaw

Really??

I gotta ask what is the Short, Medium and Long term plan!

I went to great lengths to pick a team which might, in some respects have been outlandish to beat NORF! but I included Trengove, Petracca, Weeds et al made a stack of positional changesand dropped some very under performers!

Outlandish, but illuminating! and brave!

So I have to ask ...

Where's the reward for effort??

ANB has been kiiling em at Casey but cannot get a Gig

Wagner ( with all due respect and congrats) but given his Pre Season form I wasn't at all impressed! was anyone else??

Bugg? What has he done to deserve a game? he was attrocious last week?

Harmes, Heritier,Mc Donald all shizen! last week! Matt Jones?? 

Mc Donald ?? extremely lucky!

Kent/? the invisible man!

Garlett, under an injury cloud regardless of what Misson says!

So I reiterate my original question 

You cannot be serious!??  Gee we would want to win this!! 

Edited by picket fence

ANB is developing his game at Casey (where he will get a full game in the guts). I hope we keep him there for a while. Wagner is more football ready, plus, our backline lacked some run, so perhaps he can either provide some run, or free up someone who can (Salem). Good in.

2 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

ANB is developing his game at Casey (where he will get a full game in the guts). I hope we keep him there for a while. Wagner is more football ready, plus, our backline lacked some run, so perhaps he can either provide some run, or free up someone who can (Salem). Good in.

A good In, Good King? Struggled to make any impact in the preseason games! 

Surely, he is not ready??

If he is ready then Weeds and Petracca should have played, so too Trengove!!

17 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Changes are very disappointing. Some players who were appalling such as Kent get another game. ANB has 36 touches and 2 goals but not decent enough to even make the 25. Garland had a shocker yet actually is a good match for Waite yet is dropped. 

Cut the crap. Garland hasn't beaten an opponent one-on-one for over a year. He's even worse playing in a zone defense, when he actually has to read the game. A long overdue omission, and may it be permanent.

Agree on Kent. Been saying for a while that he's overrated. Lives in the glory of the odd good chase down and tackle, but does little else for the rest of the game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I went to great lengths to pick a team which might, in some respects have been outlandish to beat NORF! but I included Trengove Weeds et al made a stack of positional changesand dropped some very under performers!

Yes, but did you send it in to the club?

It's all well and good but if you leave them to their own devices they'll just do what they want and pick some crazy team that considers form, discipline, and matchups.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Yes, but did you send it in to the club?

It's all well and good but if you leave them to their own devices they'll just do what they want and pick some crazy team that considers form, discipline, and matchups.

And you were going so well until the last word.

On 4/7/2016 at 7:54 PM, stuie said:

36 touches 2 goals not good enough?

Clearly not, perhaps the club wants to see him do it consistently, perhaps like Trengove and Petracca he just needs to play a couple of weeks at Casey before being considered, there is clearly something going on there we don't know.

i think he's far to good to be in the VFL for long.

• Like 2

Oh ho ho you are kidding me!! Form, Injury and Matchups??

We have made an artform of getting this hideously Wrong!

This week continued example!

I have another one who is a much better rebounding defender who Has some form.. Mitch White!!

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

A good In, Good King? Struggled to make any impact in the preseason games! 

Surely, he is not ready??

If he is ready then Weeds and Petracca should have played, so too Trengove!!

The club has repeatedly told us the recovery program that Trengove and Petracca are on. Are you not listening?

Weideman would be ragged dolled against North's experienced back men. Remember Watts first game?

22 minutes ago, adsy said:

Stuie, it's not about form, it's about getting consecutive games together. Medical team may have advised they want him to completed 3 full games at VFL level to be confident his body will stand up at the next level, or something along those lines. 

Yeah fair call Adsy. Just doesn't seem to be consistent though does it? He was fit enough to play half the games last year.

• Like 1