Tom McDonald (and Oscar) SIGNS.

dazzledavey36

10 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

If your scenario were to play out, Pick 1 would be overs for Prestia.

Pick 1 and 2018 1st Round for Prestia and Pick 10 (Melb/GCS 2017 1st) ?

Ok I realise this could probably go on all day so just leave it at that. Probably needs something better from Gold Coast in your opinion?

Edited by johndemons

1 hour ago, Demon Disciple said:

If your scenario were to play out, Pick 1 would be overs for Prestia.

And certainly overs for Neal Bullen!! Trade doesn't make sense to me. If the objective is to "upgrade" from T-Mac to Hurley then wouldn't Essendon give up something less value than ANB to equalise the trade?

18 minutes ago, Radar Detector said:

And certainly overs for Neal Bullen!! Trade doesn't make sense to me. If the objective is to "upgrade" from T-Mac to Hurley then wouldn't Essendon give up something less value than ANB to equalise the trade?

I was assuming that Hurley can walk out as an unrestricted free agent and they don't get compo. And we'd basically give them T-Mac and ANB for Pick 1. They will need a kp defender, if they want to play Hooker up forward to save their forward line from the 1 man Daniher show. Pick 1 > TMAC + ANB/Another average player. The extra player is a bit of a sweetener, an act of good faith for Hurley walking to us for nothing and not going through the [censored] show of fighting it.

Obviously if you had to trade for Hurley AND pick 1, to get Prestia, then you sure as hell need to trade TMAC and something of very good value for that to happen. I rate Prestia higher than what is apparently a pretty even draft pool with no stand outs.

Maybe it doesn't make sense. It's late.

Edited by johndemons

just as a discussion.. I would think if possible to keep Tmac, for all his faults he has some good defending. Its just his "decision' game is a bit wanting. A player like Hurley who can muster the lads with more aplomb would I feel help Tom iron out elements of the game where he falls down. I wonder however if Tom would be prepared to play 2nd fiddle ?  ( coz it strikes this little black duck he might have a few tix on himself at times )   and ...no...Ego is not a dirty word....unless it gets in the way!!

IF Tmac did request a trade to the Swans what would be our asking price? 

i certainly see him as worth at least their first rounder, probably a little bit more.

would you be comfortable with a three way trade TMAC to Syd - Syd 1st round pick &something else to Suns - Dion Prestia to MFC?

7 minutes ago, Abe said:

IF Tmac did request a trade to the Swans what would be our asking price? 

i certainly see him as worth at least their first rounder, probably a little bit more.

would you be comfortable with a three way trade TMAC to Syd - Syd 1st round pick &something else to Suns - Dion Prestia to MFC?

Tom Mitchell has put contract talks on hold...

Talent wise he'd be a great pick up, but would mean yet another inside mid.

On 6/28/2016 at 10:03 AM, stuie said:

Tom Mitchell has put contract talks on hold...

Talent wise he'd be a great pick up, but would mean yet another inside mid.

He'd be an amazing pick up, but i am 99.9% certain he will stay in Sydney and is just trying to drag a few extra dollars out of the Swans.

would you accept the Swans first round pick and Gary Rohan for TMAC?

5 minutes ago, Abe said:

He'd be an amazing pick up, but i am 99.9% certain he will stay in Sydney and is just trying to drag a few extra dollars out of the Swans.

would you accept the Swans first round pick and Gary Rohan for TMAC?

Not sure on Rohan. Just think we have a few too many similar types in vB, Kent, Kennedy, ANB, Harmes, JKH. If he was well above them then sure, but I don't think he is these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not sure on Rohan. Just think we have a few too many similar types in vB, Kent, Kennedy, ANB, Harmes, JKH. If he was well above them then sure, but I don't think he is these days.

Rohan has more pace and X factor than any of those guys but I wouldn't want the injury risk. Still struggles to get on the park consistently.

Just now, Django said:

Rohan has more pace and X factor than any of those guys but I wouldn't want the injury risk. Still struggles to get on the park consistently.

I don't think he does anymore. To me, he's just never gone on from where he started. Doesn't do enough, and isn't as quick as it gets put across IMO.

I just don't see him as much of a step up from Kent, Harmes and Kennedy who would be his direct opposition for spots.

On 6/28/2016 at 10:36 AM, juzzk1d said:

3 Way Trade:

Melbourne: OUT: Tmac IN: Hurley

Sydney: OUT: Mitchell, IN: T Mac

Essendon: OUT: Hurley, IN: Mitchell.

Is everyone a happy suitor here?

If Hurley leaves Essendon it will be a nightmare for the team he goes to to get the trade done, if it were us they'd want Brayshaw and Hogan as a starting point because they're totally deluded and overrate their players value by about 400%

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

3 Way Trade:

I reckon Mitchell for Hurley is overs given he could walk from Essendon if he wanted to. That surely has to lower the trade value, and that's even if a team is willing to trade to get him.

Weirdly though, I'd be happy with TMac for Hurley... Maybe I just hate the Bombers.

10 hours ago, johndemons said:

Tom McDonald and Alex Neal Bullen or [Average player with potential] for Hurley and Pick 1. Pick 1 for Dion Prestia. Assuming Hurley can get out without wanting his beloved old club to receive compensation but I doubt it. Bombers would absolutely hate this trade I suppose if they don't rate T-Mac, but need a Hurley replacement to challenge. Am I way off the mark with this one guys? 

I think a lot of clubs see TMac as merely an average to good player with potential and would say "who?" about ANB. Those guys combined aren't worth pick 1. It would more likely be Hogan and Salem (or equivalents) for Hurley and 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juzzk1d said:

3 Way Trade:

Interesting, but IMO we'd need to sweeten with more than TMac. Add our 2nd rounder (25?). Hurley is far more valuable than TMac and I think he'd want Ess to be suitably compensated even though he can walk as a DFA

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-28/tom-rocklff-contract-negotiations-with-brisbane-lions-stall?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

'It's believed (Rockcliff)...wants a five-year deal worth about $4 million'. 

Rockcliff is B&F winner, Captain, AA, face of the club, finished 5th in 2013 Brownlow and the Lions have baulked at $500k p.a! 

It is good insight into a players approx 'worth'.

MFC will not pay 'overs' and I have no idea what Tom Mc wants but can't see Sydney paying 'overs' either.

If Tom wants to go to a 'better' or 'successful' team he will be in the same boat as Frawley, Howe (Sylvia?) and go for 'unders' or stay at MFC for what we determine he is 'worth'...sneaky suspicion it is well under what Rockliff is asking for!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-28/tom-rocklff-contract-negotiations-with-brisbane-lions-stall?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

Rockcliff is B&F winner, Captain, AA, face of the club, finished 5th in 2013 Brownlow and the Lions have baulked at $500k p.a! 

MFC will not pay 'overs' and I have no idea what Tom Mc wants but can't see Sydney paying 'overs' either.

If Tom wants to go to a 'better' or 'successful' team he will be in the same boat as Frawley, Howe (Sylvia?) and go for 'unders' or stay at MFC for what we determine he is 'worth'...sneaky suspicion it is well under what Rockliff is asking for!

4 divided by 5  ??? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

God I hope the MFC are all over this. Would love him at the Dees

25 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

4 divided by 5  ??? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Just now, Petraccattack said:

God I hope the MFC are all over this. Would love him at the Dees

How embarrassing!!  Its been a long week!!

Too late to delete my post, eh?  Will leave it to give everyone a good laugh:rolleyes:

The conclusion still stands tho' - that Sydney is unlikely to pay Tom 'overs' and if he leaves it will probably be for less than what MFC thinks he is worth.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

How embarrassing!!  Its been a long week!!

Too late to delete my post, eh?  Will leave it to give everyone a good laugh:rolleyes:

The conclusion still stands tho' - that Sydney is unlikely to pay Tom 'overs' and if he leaves it will probably be for less than what MFC thinks he is worth.

Kudos...we all make them

Your point does as well ;)

• Like 1