Tom McDonald (and Oscar) SIGNS.

dazzledavey36

1 hour ago, Boots and all said:

Leak....the floodgates will open. We already get caned by big KPF's. :unsure:. The whole idea of him leaving just freaks me out.

Nar! The club's, Stick in the sand moment!

What? one, "Iffy" player and we all freak out?? I don't think so!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

another ringing endorsement for the usefulness of statistics.

Were we the only team there that didn't have 3 players listed with a positive??

For what it's worth, I don't think Tom is a horrible kick all the time. I think he is an outstanding kick at times, but he has those absolute brain fart moments where he tries to do the impossible and it looks disastrous. The first quarter of the essendon game is one I'll never forget, waltzing out of the back 50 and switching, only to miss kick to I think merrett who walked in to a goal. But he also has moments where he lace out hits blokes pushing up on a wing. He's still a reasonably young defender, playing a new role this season. His last month has been very solid.

I think like numerous players on our team, they are still coming to terms with what's asked of them, or how to implement what's asked of them. Tom would be a disaster to lose, replacing him with hurley or similar would still create problems as hurley would need to learn the role, as well as being surrounded by young inexperienced defenders. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

The offer Tmc manager put to the club was far from low. It put the club on the back foot by the size $$$$ of it. 

Have you a source for this? Because I've heard it was the opposite. And I've also heard there has been a counter offer that is now in the club's hands. That deal, from what I've heard, was very likely to be filled in the next few weeks. My mail has been for over a month that it will be done and a dual announcement with both Macdonalds to be announced around or shortly after the bye.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Generation dee said:

Have you a source for this? Because I've heard it was the opposite. And I've also heard there has been a counter offer that is now in the club's hands. That deal, from what I've heard, was very likely to be filled in the next few weeks. My mail has been for over a month that it will be done and a dual announcement with both Macdonalds to be announced around or shortly after the bye.

You show me yours I'll show you mine.

only passing on what I was told 

Why is it taking so long for key blokes like McDonald, Watts, Jetta and Kent to re-sign with the club. Or why is it taking so long for us to re-sign them if they want to stay??

The club's future has never been so exciting with some of the amazing talent under the age of 21 we have.

Its not like 2014 anymore when we were a 4 win side and blokes like Frawley couldn't wait to get out of the joint.

I'm probably being impatient but it's annoying watching up and coming teams like the Dogs and Saints re-signing absolutely all of their talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Why is it taking so long for key blokes like McDonald, Watts, Jetta and Kent to re-sign with the club. Or why is it taking so long for us to re-sign them if they want to stay??

The club's future has never been so exciting with some of the amazing talent under the age of 21 we have.

Its not like 2014 anymore when we were a 4 win side and blokes like Frawley couldn't wait to get out of the joint.

I'm probably being impatient but it's annoying watching up and coming teams like the Dogs and Saints re-signing absolutely all of their talent.

You are being impatient as well as a bit naive.

They have to work out how much they need to pay Hogan before they do anything else.

Also, you're assuming that the club has made them decent offers.

Maybe they aren't signing because the money on the table isn't good enough.

8 hours ago, Grimes Times said:

The offer Tmc manager put to the club was far from low. It put the club on the back foot by the size $$$$ of it. 

I meant the club's offer to Tom not his counter offer or demand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I'd like to know from other posters what they believe he is worth?

I reckon 350 ish should be about right!

I don't think that's enough. I think we would be looking at 500 over 4 years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Undeeterred said:

You are being impatient as well as a bit naive.

They have to work out how much they need to pay Hogan before they do anything else.

Also, you're assuming that the club has made them decent offers.

Maybe they aren't signing because the money on the table isn't good enough.

He's also assuming they haven't been signed already. The club is historically pretty strategic with its announcements. Let's wait and see.

13 hours ago, Generation dee said:

I think he is an outstanding kick at times, but he has those absolute brain fart moments where he tries to do the impossible and it looks disastrous.

No mate.  He is never an "outstanding" kick.  He doesn't have the technique to ever be outstanding. 

But yes, he can hit targets on occasions when given time to execute. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ProDee said:

No mate.  He is never an "outstanding" kick.  He doesn't have the technique to ever be outstanding. 

But yes, he can hit targets on occasions when given time to execute. 

OK, if we are going to argue over that wording. 

At times his kicking hits targets and at times looks great. Sometimes he misses. As I said, at times.

And after todays game wher he made elementary errors and was comprehensively beaten by Buddy Id offer him 250 take it or leave it! What a spud!

His kick across the face of goal that put O-Mac under pressure early stages of the 3rd when we were 4 goals down which resulted in a goal to the Swans had me losing my $hit beyond belief and nearly demolishing my lounge room!!

Seriously?! I am not a T-Mac basher but the bloke has some of the worst brain fades I have ever witnessed... :mad:

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, picket fence said:

And after todays game wher he made elementary errors and was comprehensively beaten by Buddy Id offer him 250 take it or leave it! What a spud!

I'll offer you 250 to leave Demonland, make it 500, spud

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, KrazyJay said:

His kick across the face of goal that put O-Mac under pressure early stages of the 3rd when we were 4 goals down which resulted in a goal to the Swans had me losing my $hit beyond belief and nearly demolishing my lounge room!!

Seriously?! I am not a T-Mac basher but the bloke has some of the worst brain fades I have ever witnessed... :mad:

Why, it went straight to him and he dropped it

• Like 1