JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

37 minutes ago, rjay said:

Funny thing is most people make their opinions without ever meeting the person.

I've met Shane a few times and found him a pretty likeable bloke.

But are you female with a mobile phone?

• Like 1

From the article:

"This is the first time to my knowledge that people have gone public – in this case. It was the Australian Crime Commission and ministers and the former government who went public and said, 'We've got a problem, this has been going on, and now it's up to ASADA to investigate'," Fahey said.

"Everybody was behind the eight ball from day one, in my view. It was very unfair to ASADA and very unfair to the players to be under the spotlight before there was any evidence available in the public arena.

Am I right in recalling that here was no need for the EFC players to be under the spotlight if they hadn't 'self-reported'.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sue said:

From the article:

Am I right in recalling that here was no need for the EFC players to be under the spotlight if they hadn't 'self-reported'.

not necessarily, i think it would have happened anyway

asada started investigating cronulla without self reporting

Anyone who dealt with Essendon only have themselves to blame. Melbourne included.

Roll on season '16

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Anyone who dealt with Essendon only have themselves to blame. Melbourne included.

Roll on season '16

Glad to see you back down under bb how were the Himalayas  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggestred said:

I liked this part: 

"The 34 players knew what they were doing," he said.

"They actually signed a statutory declaration – they took an oath which carries a criminal penalty for failure. 

"And surely they didn't think they were doing that to whiten their teeth – getting all those injections."

Fahey very strong in his condemnation.  That should quieten all the player sympathisers and the rubbish about being duped.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

Now Fahey goes whack, whack, whack to the AFL!   http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-would-become-laughing-stock-of-world-sports-if-it-separated-from-wada-20160124-gmd9tb.html

Fahey: "I would think they [the AFL] would become the laughing stock of sport around the world if they [separated themselves]..."Why are they different to 679 other associations who believe you shouldn't cheat in sport?"...Fahey warned the AFL against following the example of major US sports..."They are privately owned, and as a result of being privately owned, they make their own rules," he said.

So many politicians supporting players or AFL withdrawl or saying nothing has been nauseating. 

Its about time someone with some authority spoke up. 

Well done, Mr Fahey.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I liked this part: 

"The 34 players knew what they were doing," he said.

"They actually signed a statutory declaration – they took an oath which carries a criminal penalty for failure. 

"And surely they didn't think they were doing that to whiten their teeth – getting all those injections."

Fahey very strong in his condemnation.  That should quieten all the player sympathisers and the rubbish about being duped.

Hmm LH.

The Easter bunny comes in few weeks as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Glad to see you back down under bb how were the Himalayas  ?

Big :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Top 15 questions answered

This bloke has a fairly sound knowledge of the situation. 

A law student, I believe.

An excellent article, but I doubt that those who don't want to know would bring themselves to read so much detail.  A damming fact new to me was:

Mr Dank tested the blood of the players for IGF-1 prior to the commencement of the injection program, which is exactly what is recommended before using banned peptides.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rjay said:

Funny thing is most people make their opinions without ever meeting the person.

I've met Shane a few times and found him a pretty likeable bloke.

Fair enough. I haven't met him, but I can imagine he is a good bloke to have a beer with. I think my colleague was more disgusted at some of the stuff that came out when he split from his wife. 

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Has had a good blog along the way Back

The Social Litagator from memory.

Astute observer :)

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Interesting to read that Dr Reid gave evidence via video link to CAS - first time I've heard that.  He has been completely exonerated by CAS.  It is a bit shameful that the AFL went after him they way they did. 

Overall, it certainly reads like it was an open and shut case! 

9 hours ago, sue said:

In mid to late 2013 Martin Hardie, a legal academic from Deakin University who has conducted long-term research into the anti-doping regimes in Australian and international cycling, was approached to provide assistance to the Essendon Football Club following the claims made about the club's use of supplements during the 2011-2012 season.

Surely this can't be the same person who wrote objective academic articles about how innocent Essendon was?

I wonder if Hardie has any explanation as to what happened to all the records of the program which he claims was carefully documented.  Other than the obvious one that it showed that his claim that it was all legal is baloney.

I recall seeing Hardie in a Cronulla top trying to shield Dank from the press after Dank left a court session of some sort. Fanboy of the highest order.

3 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Currently, the single best analysis of the CAS decision.

A must read for anyone following this thread. And a few other people as well - yes, looking at you Peter Gordon.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Astute observer but not the Social Litigator who is someone else altogether.

Definitely a contributor