Christian Petracca's toe injury (in full training)

DeeSpencer

34 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

If he's still on the sidelines by 15 Feb (6 weeks after diagnosis) then I think we can all panic.

how much do you want to bet he will be

the club has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to downright lie to the members about the severity of injuries over the last few years

59 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

how much do you want to bet he will be

the club has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to downright lie to the members about the severity of injuries over the last few years

Yeah that's what it is, a conspiracy of lies about player injuries to the supporters, wouldn't be because injuries are complicated and putting an exact timeline on them is almost impossible to do.... FMD. Tinfoil hat time on Demonland lately.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah that's what it is, a conspiracy of lies about player injuries to the supporters, wouldn't be because injuries are complicated and putting an exact timeline on them is almost impossible to do.... FMD. Tinfoil hat time on Demonland lately.

If I could be bothered going back and finding the original quotes for injuries then looking at how long the injuries ACTUALLY lasted... I would.. but there's no need because you know damn well that almost every injury last longer than what they represent, in some cases dramatically longer. If they knew Petracca's injury was going to turn out like Frost's, it would be in their interests to downplay it as people would lose their minds. They are trying to sell hope and sell memberships. Put it this way, our first NAB game is in 44 days, what probability would you give it that CP lines up?

On 1/11/2016 at 5:53 PM, Curry & Beer said:

don't bother

I've already pointed out in this thread that

Jones has played 201 out of a possible 206 games since he debuted and

Petracca has played 0 out of a possible 22

On 1/11/2016 at 6:38 PM, olisik said:

Actually Petracca has played 0 out of 0 since he has debuted

13 hours ago, Curry & Beer said:

4 people like this

I'm not even messing around can one of you explain to me what you liked about it

I need to know if I'm taking crazy pills

is it cos you think smartarze trolling is funny, or because you actually think this is some sort of good point on the topic

serious question

Serious answer, you used a stat from debut, Petracca has not made a debut, so your stats look silly. Simple humour.

• Like 3

Just now, ManDee said:

Serious answer, you used a stat from debut, Petracca has not made a debut, so your stats look silly. Simple humour.

well see I said 'since debut' from Jones.. but not for CP. So the point isn't even valid and nothing is 'silly' about it - but even if it was, it is obvious what I meant and obvious that olisik wasn't trying to argue something but just being a total smartarse and lowering our collective IQs.

I just wanted to confirm that this does in fact pass for a thigh-slapper around here and not that olisik had some actual argument that I was missing. Any thoughts on the difference between Petracca and Jones should be disregarded. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

well see I said 'since debut' from Jones.. but not for CP. So the point isn't even valid and nothing is 'silly' about it - but even if it was, it is obvious what I meant and obvious that olisik wasn't trying to argue something but just being a total smartarse and lowering our collective IQs.

I just wanted to confirm that this does in fact pass for a thigh-slapper around here and not that olisik had some actual argument that I was missing. Any thoughts on the difference between Petracca and Jones should be disregarded. Thanks.

C & B, how many has Jones missed out of a possible number? It is not valid to compare stats that are not comparable. How many games did Jones miss before his debut?

Doesn't matter it was humourous to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

C & B, how many has Jones missed out of a possible number? It is not valid to compare stats that are not comparable. How many games did Jones miss before his debut?

Doesn't matter it was humourous to me.

The point is that CP should be in more cotton wool and being more careful given his career thus far than Jones, who has proven to be as durable as they come. This was my initial point and it was very clearly stated. Do you agree or disgree?

Just now, Curry & Beer said:

The point is that CP should be in more cotton wool and being more careful given his career thus far than Jones, who has proven to be as durable as they come. This was my initial point and it was very clearly stated. Do you agree or disgree?

No. I don't agree about the cotton wool, accidents will happen, young men, even professional athletes are raging with energy. They will find a way to hurt themselves even fighting over toast with a sibling. I would suggest that Jones has been involved in many bumps and bruises away from football and has been lucky to date. He is probably tougher than most, I remember Jimmy Stynes would recover from broken bones and keep playing, not all players are like that.

No doubt Petracca has been advised to be more careful and so he should. 

PS:- I thought missing  0 from 0 since debut was funny. But it is the off season

11 minutes ago, ManDee said:

No. I don't agree about the cotton wool, accidents will happen, young men, even professional athletes are raging with energy. They will find a way to hurt themselves even fighting over toast with a sibling. I would suggest that Jones has been involved in many bumps and bruises away from football and has been lucky to date. He is probably tougher than most, I remember Jimmy Stynes would recover from broken bones and keep playing, not all players are like that.

No doubt Petracca has been advised to be more careful and so he should. 

PS:- I thought missing  0 from 0 since debut was funny. But it is the off season

but I didn't even say that

57 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

but I didn't even say that

But you wondered why people liked it in olisiks post.

Curry some of us thought it funny, this is no slight on you.

10 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Heard via the DTyson interview on the website that some of the boys are doing their own version of Big Bash after hours up in Qld. Better stop that tom foolery right away before someone gets hurt...

I agree. Tyson's output last year was a tiny fraction of what he is capable of, and we are being told this is because of his body issues. This guy is another super high draft pick we have been led to believe will become a star for this club. If he was to unnecessarily fall victim to an 'interruption' worthy of a golden ticket, the way Petracca has done, I would be furious with him also. Good point Moonshadow.

Edited by Curry & Beer

17 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

I agree. Tyson's output last year was a tiny fraction of what he is capable of, and we are being told this is because of his body issues. This guy is another super high draft pick we have been led to believe will become a star for this club. If he was to unnecessarily fall victim to an 'interruption' worthy of a golden ticket, the way Petracca has done, I would be furious with him also. Good point Moonshadow.

I think moonshadow may have had his tongue in his cheek curry.....unless you also has yours in yours? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Heard via the DTyson interview on the website that some of the boys are doing their own version of Big Bash after hours up in Qld. Better stop that tom foolery right away before someone gets hurt...

Only if they're playing on gravel, using a cricket ball, batting bare-footed sans box, and Gawnie is coming off a long run bowling fast inswinging yorkers. :o

• Like 1

23 hours ago, olisik said:

2 weeks down, he should be back in 2 weeks. 

Hope so. In this instance I think it is a blessing in disguise for Petracca. He has had every opportunity to really strengthen that knee. When he gets back into it and cranks up the volume (with cardio and intensive sprinting) the knee should be able to withstand the onslaught (touch wood). Keeping in mind that his knee was already coping ok.

Edited by KingDingAling

1 hour ago, KingDingAling said:

Hope so. In this instance I think it is a blessing in disguise for Petracca. He has had every opportunity to really strengthen that knee. When he gets back into it and cranks up the volume (with cardio and intensive sprinting) the knee should be able to withstand the onslaught (touch wood). Keeping in mind that his knee was already coping ok.

I disagree. It would have been much better to continue to train and monitor his ACL to ensure he is cherry ripe round one. This isn't a blessing it's a set back, and a easily avoided set back.

he was on a modified program for a reason. Being ready round one. All this I just has done is put that all back.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

I disagree. It would have been much better to continue to train and monitor his ACL to ensure he is cherry ripe round one. This isn't a blessing it's a set back, and a easily avoided set back.

he was on a modified program for a reason. Being ready round one. All this I just has done is put that all back.

The toe is a set back. But it gives him further time to strengthen the muscles around the knee. IMO it is a blessing in disguise, he will be cherry ripe when the hard running starts. When it comes to Petracca I couldn't care less about round 1.