Sam Stynes

Leoncelli_36

Just caught on the news grab for tonight that Sam Stynes will be on talking about her new husband and her new life tonight.

Good luck to her. It seems that Jim and Sam may have had marital problems before Jim got ill. I base this on interviews given by jim and Sam in which they stated that they may have broken up if not for Jims illness. She also was very quick to drop the Stynes name after Jims death.

For those interested, there will be a feature on 9 News tonight.

I had a good mate pass away a couple of years back. He was only around 40 years old. His wife/widow has now moved on also, they had no marital problems & a young family. I think it is only natural for Sam to move on & to help her kids have another father influence around them. Not sure whether you need to speculate on the Stynes marriage, but if she is putting it out there in the public then I guess she has made it fair game.

• Like 2

Good on her. Shes had a burden of carrying the Stynes legacy. Eventually she has to move on and be happy again. She done it in a private matter out of the public eye.

Well done to her and her children. Wish nothing but happiness from here on.

• Like 5

This puts it in perspective. http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/jim-stynes-widow-sam-ludbey-opens-up-about-her-decision-to-remarry-20151011-gk6nq5.html I recall her saying in an interview (or his book) that they grew closer during his illness. Whatever their circumstances they deserve to remain private.

Sam has undoubtedly shown great respect to Jim, the Stynes name, the Stynes family and their children before and after Jim passed away. She has been a courageous woman who stood by her man till the very end in extreme circumstances.

Jim's mother gave Sam her blessing: "...it meant much to her when Jim Stynes' mother looked her in the eye, held her hand and gave her blessing to re-marry".

She has had difficult times and deserves happiness in every aspect of her life.

Can't help but think Sam would also have Jim's blessing.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

Good luck to her. Jim being the kind man he was, I reckon he wouldn't want Sam to be alone and would want her to find happiness again. Its not like Jim died unexpectedly and she moved on.

It sounds like she still gets on with Jim's family and its really nice what his mum said to Sam.

I hope she is very happy. Its just a shame some of her friends couldnt be happy for her.

• Like 1

Best Wishes Sam for you & your families future..

Don't worry about those who panic in their own minds. obviously you know the right thing to do & you will do whats right, with the blessing of all well minded people.

You guys have been through enough in all the past pain, & IMO you all deserve to start living & be happy.

wishing well, to Sam kids & extended family.

So odd, it is just absolutely none of anybody else's business. Why do people have such a sense of ownership about this kind of thing?

yes, it is quite odd.

i don't have much interest in it at all

my wife had a different take on it. she was somewhat critical of sam to bring all these personal matters up as an attempt to promote and publicise her new child minding business venture

i thought she was a bit harsh but i didn't convince her (nothing new there - lol)

Edited by daisycutter

yes, it is quite odd.

i don't have much interest in it at all

my wife had a different take on it. she was somewhat critical of sam to bring all these personal matters up as an attempt to promote and publicise her new child minding business venture

i thought she was a bit harsh but i didn't convince her (nothing new there - lol)

Know exactly what you mean DC in that regard. It was inevitable, given the history and Jim's place in many a heart, that the media would have been all over this, regardless. So perhaps a preemptive strike on Sam's part. Sam is a wonderful human being and only she can know what is in her heart.

I was engaged to a girl who died suddenly. I married another girl 3 years later.

Harsh? Nope. I loved the first one more than I ever did or ever can love a girl; I worshipped the ground that she walked on and if you told me to this day that she was less than perfect then I'd spit in one eye and punch you in the other.

Sam Stynes, Trisha Broadbridge, Glen McGrath... I always cringe a little when someone suggests that they moved on a little too fast (not suggesting that is what being said here btw). I think it is that you move forward, not on. The grief never lessens. I still cry about her loss 15 years later, and am trying hard not to right now, but we are creatures that need a mate, a lover, a friend. It's no disrespect to do that to a lost one and you know in your hear that the one you lost want it for you, and if things were reversed you'd want it for them.

At least that is where my head is at.

• Like 15