MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 15

Demonland

softer end? that's a bit harsh on heppell

wouldn't be surprised if he becomes this week's project for bernie boy

Heppel is an excellent player. Knows how to get the ball and a model of consistency. A lot of his good points are overlooked because of his bad hair.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

Good changes, Toumpas could have got another crack but he was poor last week. I would've kept him as an emergency though, our emergencies are too tall for the weather conditions so hopefully we don't need more than one late change.

I wonder if it'll be Fitzy?

Hocking and Melcham now out of the EFC team...

Is the tank on? :P

Out:

Hocking - 104 games

Melksham - 102 games

In:

Ashby - 8 games

Edwards - 14 games

That makes six players under 20 games for both teams if I'm not mistaken.

They are our bunny, at half strength, missing their captain, with a shattered psyche.

We are pretty much playing a lame, brain damaged rabbit with one eye.

I'll be a little upset if we lose.

Gold.

my biggest concern is a young & hungry essendon side who will want to play for a permanent spot in their 22.. If they compete hard and tackle fiercely we may buckle under the pressure.. The wet weather will give them that chance to make it a real scrap.

Mind you, that is where we excel. I think if it becomes a scrap, we'll have too much class. I'm hoping Brayshaw and Hogan can have an absolute day out.

I dont think they will be able to stop our hard edged mids in the wet and i expect gawn to dominate the game.

Jack viney to pick up a lazy 32 touches

Chris dawes to kick 4 snags

Agree with everything, but Dawes. Love it to be true though.

Pretty sure Heppell has played well in the wet before.

Goddard is the one who usually doesn't do as well in the wet.

Goddard is finally being found out. He doesn't like it tough. i hope he runs into Viney

• Like 3

Just Hird putting in place a preemptive excuse in case of inevitable embarrassment.

Could see this strategy developing over the past few weeks. Hird trying to insulate himself and buy more time. Soon enought there will be the "Hird is the man to rebuild our club" campaign unless wiser heads take back control and sack him.

Edited by america de cali

I'm still nervous....

I wonder how many Druggie fans will turn up tomorrow.

I hope we dominate from the first bounce. Get out there and play our own style of footy like we have in our wins. The type of game we play seems vastly different in our wins to losses.

The turnovers are an absolute killer.

That's about having a young and inconsistent team with a lack of depth, so blokes like Matt Jones and Rohan Bail get games. When they do, occasionally they can put in solid performances (see Jones' job on Enright), but when they're off they bring the team down with their errors and lack of impact (see the West Coast game).

One of JKH/Harmes/Stretch/ANB would be the sub. Leaning towards JKH for some reason.

vB will be safe. His hardness is need on the ground at all times.

Well, Stretch has been named on the half back flank, so it won't be him...

Looking at Laverde's VFL stats. they have been far from flattering. He's only been listed in their top 6 players once, when they creamed the Cats. In that game he had 15 disposals. I reckon he's averaging less than 10 disposals a game.

He went at pick 20, just behind Langford at pick 17.

Don't disagree with any of that, but imagine trying to develop as a younger player at Essendon. That culture has been as putrid, if not worse than ours was in 2011-2013. I love that it's happened to that arrogant mob though. It's brilliant.

• Like 1

I hope our boys have 2013 in the back of their minds as they run out.

If the Saints can beat them by 100, so can we. Haven't had an opportunity like this to grind a team into the ground for as long as I can remember. Let's take advantage and break them!

• Like 1

Wouldn't expect anything else from yourself.

Wasn't it at half time during this amazing game last year that HH said he'd never be back?

Looking at the teams on paper, we should win by 4 or 5 goals, even in the wet.

Some posters saying that JKH should bring some forward pressure. I really liked his game last year and his ability to get out of trouble with a sidestep. But am I alone thinking that his desire to chase a defender was lacking in the games he's played this year?

I think he just lacks foot speed. It means he really has to get it done with intelligence. He did some really nice things last year, but he hasn't sold me yet.

we beat the cats in the kitty tray so it must have wet

We now pride ourselves on being a contested team. The wet always helps us. Think even the Adelaide match. We didn't kick straight, but it kept us in it.

the doomsday scenario has completely changed, with all the players out not much can be expected by the EFC, but if we find a way to go down.

God save Roos caus nothing will save the MFC.

In a funny old way, we probably have more to lose than them now. Probably not in the eyes of the media though, as we're still not taken seriously. And rightly so.

Wasn't it at half time during this amazing game last year that HH said he'd never be back?

I think he just lacks foot speed. It means he really has to get it done with intelligence. He did some really nice things last year, but he hasn't sold me yet.

We now pride ourselves on being a contested team. The wet always helps us. Think even the Adelaide match. We didn't kick straight, but it kept us in it.

In a funny old way, we probably have more to lose than them now. Probably not in the eyes of the media though, as we're still not taken seriously. And rightly so.

yup. a true man of his word.

uno1.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

yup. a true man of his word.

uno1.gif

Love Tim and Eric.

Could see this strategy developing over the past few weeks. Hird trying to insulate himself and buy more time. Soon enought there will be the "Hird is the man to rebuild our club" campaign unless wiser heads take back control and sack him.

I hope they don't.

anyone know where to find average games played for the named 22s ?

Id like to see these stats too

We will be every bit as young as the Dons , but that wont stop James Tird from using lack of experience as an excuse

"JACK Watts says it’s difficult to know how Saturday’s match against Essendon at the MCG will pan out, as the Dons are coming off a 110-point loss to St Kilda last round."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-07-10/fascinating-match-looms-watts-#sthash.Yml1x0IB.dpuf

We are going to lose.

Goddard is finally being found out. He doesn't like it tough. i hope he runs into Viney

Well the followers are Howlett and Goddard vs Jones and Viney. You'd think Howlett would go to Jones and that leaves Viney for Goddard. Viney could really do a number on him. You just may get your wish.

Vince is listed on Heppell, with Cross listed on Stanton.

Edited by Barra17

This could only happen to Melbourne.

Last Sunday, St. Kilda which had hitherto won just four games this season played a game against Essendon which was also on the same number of wins. The Bombers started as slight favourite and produced a performance that was so monumentally pathetic that it has to rank up there with the phenomenon known as "186" that was visited upon the Melbourne Football Club in 2011. After all, Geelong which inflected that defeat on the Demons went on to win the flag that year while the Saints who vanquished the Bombers at Etihad Stadium last weekend were not long ago considered wooden spoon favourite.

They were so limp that they allowed the young Saints 141 more possessions, 23 more inside 50s, double the number of marks on the day (142 marks to 71) and effortless goal after effortless goal and in light of this, their 110-point loss, the seventh worst in their entire history was their equivalent of "186". The only difference was that the Essendon Board didn't sack the coach.

​Didn't the Great Doyen Garri Lyon sack Bailey and arrange for the next stella appointment?

YES !! Gaddi Who??

Edited by picket fence

Geeeeez is he bent over and ready to take it already or what?? Translation & Summary; "Let's see how they come to play & take it from there....."

Praha - I agree, the betting odds on Essedrug look VERY tempting.

I would think if we lose this we are mentally as fragile as we ever have been!

Even worse than 1970-72 and 79-81

This would be disastrous

DEES by 30 points!