Changes vs Essendon

titan_uranus

SEN just announced that Harmes has been elevated to the seniors list.

A sure hint that he will be selected! :rolleyes:

Wish him well for his debut.

Interesting, a few said he was no chance to play.

I'm looking forward to watch Harmes, seems like it will be this weekend, I hope so anyway.

It's time to move on from the tried and proven not at the level.

• Like 4

Dude.. I remember Salem dobbing the winner and us surviving a Zaha-lead scare very late. We won the match. This is MFCSS at it's most pure. I totally get (and have purported myself) how much of a danger game this is but let's not get crazy. Over the last 5 weeks we have shown far better form than this mob and that's why we will get the job done. Part of me is scared, but a much larger part thinks we are going to smash them.. dare I say there is een the chance of a complete slaughter in our favour

This

I'm looking forward to watch Harmes, seems like it will be this weekend, I hope so anyway.

Is he any relation to the Carlton Harmes of days gone by?

I was one of those people, although I may have said it another thread. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong if he is selected to play this weekend and look forward to seeing what he has to offer the club going forward!

He's not going to be dropped just because of the weather though. From memory he performed well against the Tigers.

Check your memory - I didn't think he was that great.

They should not play him in the wet.

All that he brings is mitigated, all that he doesn't bring is magnified.

That would be fantastic if he does get a call up although hopefully it doesn't mean that Angus or Vanders is now rated unlikely ... we'll know soon.

Horses for courses selection has merit.

Although as a coach 'rpfc', you would know that the more skilled players often handle the wet better, it doesn't actually bring the game back unless it's an absolute mud heap and we don't have those anymore.

Watts handled the slippery conditions in Darwin well last week, think the same saturday. The worst conditions we get in the AFL now are slippery to very slippery.

• Like 1

Watts is finally chasing tackling and getting a bit contested ball.. hes had a month of good solid footy

Dropping him now is a ludicrous idea and it simply wont happen, nor should it

• Like 7

Looking at the weather I don't think we should be playing two ruckmen, you need one ruck and one pinch hitter to bring the ball to ground.

Does sound like Harmes is likely to debut, it's rare to upgrade someone and not play him that week.

There is a little bit of MFCS going on with me, ironically it's roles reversed though. Usually we're the ones coming in scrapping for some pride and dignity, the shoes on the other foot now.

He would need to be elevated even to get named as an emergency.

He was elevated this morning mate.

I know he was elevated.

That doesn't mean he will get a game.

But he needs to be elevated just to get named an emergency.

Interesting (and disheartening) stat: the last 5 times a team has lost by 100+ points, 4 of 5 have come back the following week with a win (and the 5th was a draw).

Fortunately nobody at the club is taking this match lightly, especially against a team with as much pride as Essendon.

Hope that Harmes gets a run. By all reports he's strung together some very consistently good football at Casey and has earned a chance. I'll change my earlier prediction...

In: Harmes, Lumumba, JKH Out: M. Jones, Spencer, Brayshaw

Why would you drop Brayshaw and keep Bail? Brayshaw has had two weeks rest for xxxxx sake!

• Like 3

I know he was elevated.

That doesn't mean he will get a game.

But he needs to be elevated just to get named an emergency.

No point in elevating him if you're not going to play him in the seniors. Elevate him, play him in the VFL, he does his hammy and is out for 4 - spot on the senior list wasted.

Interesting (and disheartening) stat: the last 5 times a team has lost by 100+ points, 4 of 5 have come back the following week with a win (and the 5th was a draw).

Fortunately nobody at the club is taking this match lightly, especially against a team with as much pride as Essendon.

Does that mean if we lost by 100+ points every second week we'd have an 80% chance of winning every other week? On that basis we'd win about 10 games in the year but have a lousy percentage. I'd take that.

• Like 2

Watts is finally chasing tackling and getting a bit contested ball.. hes had a month of good solid footy

Dropping him now is a ludicrous idea and it simply wont happen, nor should it

It's great that he is finally doing it, and if I had no-one that could play his role I would play him and tell him - if you want to play in games that are 'wet' this is your last chance.

I would prefer to win than spare feelings.

Ironically, I argued that playing him against Adel and Rich in the wet earlier in the year was a bad decision for his confidence when most were saying he was destined to be traded, delisted, and voluntarily retire.

So my argument is both seeing the benefit of both the team and Jack himself.

Potentially: vanders, harmes, grimes, lumumba, kennedy-harris in

That would be good. The more changes the better after the gruelling conditions of last week. We need as many fresh legs as possible. I'm sure this is the FD's thinking anyway.