Good time to go for the Gold Coast boys.

Green Machine

With everything going on at the Suns this year, and the fact that they suck big time aswell, I think this off season is a great time to get into the ears of a few of their young guns who DO have their heads screwed on ! Blokes like Prestia, Swallow and Tom lLynch. Maybe even Jagaer Bomb !! As we saw last off season contracts don't stand for much anymore so if we can get talking to the agents and offer some big bucks maybe we could get one of these young yet still quality players.

Have heard rocket isnt scared of trading out blokes he doesn't think will buy in, big chance we don't want those ones.

Yep. While a lot of them may have talent, the last thing we want is a bunch of Sam Bleases running around who don't give a flying [censored].

And I'm not sure a lot of other clubs would either. GC could be stuck with them.

• Like 1

Apparently there's a huge split between the "God squad" and the "party squad." Almost irreparably so. I imagine Rocket wouldn't be helping the situation, at all.

both groups seeking their own high or elevated mood state by different methods. Either pass the prayer book or pass the sugar. I have tried both and nirvana is temporary. I prefer women and whisky.
  • Like 9

Apparently there's a huge split between the "God squad" and the "party squad." Almost irreparably so. I imagine Rocket wouldn't be helping the situation, at all.

What the hell is the 'God Squad'? I think I can work out the 'Party Squad'.

Id much rather be on the party squad

And id never play for a captain who tried to make the team pray before a game. No wonder they are a rabble.

• Like 2

Only one player from the GCS that interests me and that is Dion Prestia because he's really one of us. Family steeped in the Melbourne tradition making us honour bound to extricate him from the mess up there.

He interests me because he's a gun, but the MFC connection certainly allows me to love him when he's not playing for the MFC.

Classic.

are they're irreconcilable differences then?

imagine rocket getting between domestic differences.

I'm sure every team has a party squad, not sure about god squads though

Ok, lets get a good catholic (I guess), then.

can anyone tell me if Goringe will be wearing orange, this time next year?

Only one player from the GCS that interests me and that is Dion Prestia because he's really one of us. Family steeped in the Melbourne tradition making us honour bound to extricate him from the mess up there.

Is he in the God Squad or the Party Squad? :wacko:

• Like 2

Id much rather be on the party squad

And id never play for a captain who tried to make the team pray before a game. No wonder they are a rabble.

If Gary Snr was still playing he would be very confused.

• Like 2

Well the Herald Sun just put a line through Harley Bennel for everyone bar Essen Don and West Coast.

Not sure that Bennell would be beyond the ability of Roos, Goodwin and McCartney and mentors such as Cross and Petracca. I think that we should give it a go!

Well the Herald Sun just put a line through Harley Bennel for everyone bar Essen Don and West Coast.

Sure did Gd

It also shows how stupid the AFL's three strike rule is.

Players know they will be unlucky to get caught and can get caught twice before anyone knows.

I have always thought it is more about keeping the problem out of the spot light than finding the problems.

• Like 2

Not sure that Bennell would be beyond the ability of Roos, Goodwin and McCartney and mentors such as Cross and Petracca. I think that we should give it a go!

That is what we thought a few years back and that ended in crap.

That is what we thought a few years back and that ended in crap.

OD the whole thrust of this thread is that we may be able to entice some talent from the GCSs. Considering the fact that KH has identified a quarter of their list as having dabbled with illegal drugs, surely if we are to take a risk we should do it with one of their more talented players! I cannot see Eade wanting to keep many of them on the list and will likely be pressured to jettison most for the best deal that he can negotiate. Maybe we can swap for Jordy and Terlich?

OD the whole thrust of this thread is that we may be able to entice some talent from the GCSs. Considering the fact that KH has identified a quarter of their list as having dabbled with illegal drugs, surely if we are to take a risk we should do it with one of their more talented players! I cannot see Eade wanting to keep many of them on the list and will likely be pressured to jettison most for the best deal that he can negotiate. Maybe we can swap for Jordy and Terlich?

Don't agree CBDees this will end in tears.

The MFC have finally got a good culture developing I do not want that risked by an idiot.

Leopards and spots is my view.

Chase someone who is unhappy being at the GCS not a drug head.

• Like 4