THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Very Clarke & Dawe

Not related but funny.

was exaclty who came to mind !! :)

Clarke the EFC official

Dawe the TD reporter

• Like 2

Is it possible then that the AFL have the actual records of what was taken by Essendon Players?

Only what Dean Wallis wrote down apparently, which i have heard was not very much or very useful.....

Grounds for serious criminal punishment i would have thought...

You wonder why Fairfax employs such sloppy and lazy journalists who are still swallowing this Essendon propaganda.

WADA Appeal: Players unlikely to face suspension says Essendon

It reads like the PR release that it is and shows absolutely zero understanding of how CAS works. For starters, they never flag a decision before the hearing is held even though the AFL and Essendon would wish it to be so. What they think this sort of exercise is supposed to achieve is quite beyond me!

Edited by Whispering_Jack

Only what Dean Wallis wrote down apparently, which i have heard was not very much or very useful.....

Grounds for serious criminal punishment i would have thought...

Dean Wallis' Diary ...

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror and thought "what have I done to deserve this head"?

Then off to the jabbing room to help the boys bulk up on the good gear.

Sheeds often got me to do the dirty jobs on the field and now I am doing all the dodgy business off it.

After the morning Jabs I will be down to the TAB to place a small wager on the footy and then off to an integrity meeting with the AFL.

Busy day!!!

• Like 6

You wonder why Fairfax employs such sloppy and lazy journalists who are still swallowing this Essendon propaganda.

It reads like the PR release that it is and shows absolutely zero understanding of how CAS works. For starters, they never flag a decision before the hearing is held even though the AFL and Essendon would wish it to be so. What they think this sort of exercise is supposed to achieve is quite beyond me!

Hilarious. Love the assumption its only re-hearing old stuff. Might be a surprise ahead for these nongs.

rule 101...you are NEVER found guilty WITHOUT a penalty being issued. How do these scribes wipe themselves with shlt for brains !!

• Like 1

Littel...And what that means is that there's a high likelihood that they won't lose any time. That's not a guarantee, but there seems to be a strong mood to enough is enough."

invoking the "Vibe " now !! ffs

• Like 1

It reads like the PR release that it is and shows absolutely zero understanding of how CAS works. For starters, they never flag a decision before the hearing is held even though the AFL and Essendon would wish it to be so.

What they think this sort of exercise is supposed to achieve is quite beyond me!

Broadly, the journos don't know, don't care, and aren't motivated to find out. Caro goes hunting out gossip and scandal and the others wait for something to drop in their lap.

They instantly conclude that something dull like this Essendon fairy tale press release doesn't warrant anything other than verbatim regurgitation in their august journal.

Littel...And what that means is that there's a high likelihood that they won't lose any time. That's not a guarantee, but there seems to be a strong mood to enough is enough."

Essendon do have a precedent to work on... a movie scene.

Why John Worsfold agreed to have anything to do with this mob i have no idea, the list is awful aside from Heppell and Hooker who may get banned, they need a total rebuild

Why John Worsfold agreed to have anything to do with this mob i have no idea, the list is awful aside from Heppell and Hooker who may get banned, they need a total rebuild

There's a few more than Heppell and Hooker. For example, Hurley, Goddard, Daniher (subject to expected maturity), Zaharakis, Zac Merritt, Baguely...they're all pretty good.

Im hoping that the CAS will see the "provisional suspension" for what it was. A total farce, chosen by the club/players, to suit themselves.

"Hey boys, why dont we just tell them we will suspend ourselves, so we can wipe some time off our sentences? Its only ore season anyway, and we can still train, like nothing has changed. See, that will show em!"

Makes me sick that the propaganda continues. Hope like hell no dispensation is given, as they deserve no reduced time at all. Not 1 day.

Can someone clarify the rules around training? I thought you were banned from training with your club while suspended.

• Like 1

Very sloppy. "Wouldn't say the relationship was best of bread". WTF?

Best of Bread.......... I bought that album a long time ago and most of the songs were great !!!

• Like 1

Not sure why both the HUN and Age have pulled the story on Hal Hunter from their websites. The item by Mark Russell in today's Age is no longer available, and no sign of the item that was on the HUN site yesterday.

Im hoping that the CAS will see the "provisional suspension" for what it was. A total farce, chosen by the club/players, to suit themselves.

"Hey boys, why dont we just tell them we will suspend ourselves, so we can wipe some time off our sentences? Its only ore season anyway, and we can still train, like nothing has changed. See, that will show em!"

Makes me sick that the propaganda continues. Hope like hell no dispensation is given, as they deserve no reduced time at all. Not 1 day.

Can someone clarify the rules around training? I thought you were banned from training with your club while suspended.

The rules around the bans go something like this.

You can provisionally suspend yourself while a matter is being dealt with, during this time you can train but can not compete, the reason you can train is because if you are not found guilty then there has been no loss of performance, it makes sense. If you are found guilty and suspended then you can not train until a few months before your suspension is over, this allows people to be back to fitness for when the suspension ends and means the suspended period is more like the actual suspension not the suspended time plus time to get fit. This doesn't sit so well with me.

The period of provisional suspension comes off the time of any subsequent suspension so for arguments sake, if the players had been found guilty and the players banned for two years then the six months already served would have meant they only had eighteen months left to serve. Counting this time now when the periods are not continuous goes against logic to me as they had no loss, that was the point of the provisional suspension.

• Like 3

Not sure why both the HUN and Age have pulled the story on Hal Hunter from their websites. The item by Mark Russell in today's Age is no longer available, and no sign of the item that was on the HUN site yesterday.

Ex Dons player seeks answers on 2012 program in court

Essendon's coy supplements answer is labelled silly in court

Still available.

The rules around the bans go something like this.

You can provisionally suspend yourself while a matter is being dealt with, during this time you can train but can not compete, the reason you can train is because if you are not found guilty then there has been no loss of performance, it makes sense. If you are found guilty and suspended then you can not train until a few months before your suspension is over, this allows people to be back to fitness for when the suspension ends and means the suspended period is more like the actual suspension not the suspended time plus time to get fit. This doesn't sit so well with me.

The period of provisional suspension comes off the time of any subsequent suspension so for arguments sake, if the players had been found guilty and the players banned for two years then the six months already served would have meant they only had eighteen months left to serve. Counting this time now when the periods are not continuous goes against logic to me as they had no loss, that was the point of the provisional suspension.

again I procede with a disclaimer..this is purely my reading and understanding ( will attempt to get an opinion later )

I don't think a secondary provisional suspension can be undertaken or acknowledged as the matter HAS been dealt with .What we have now is an appeal.. I dont think they are therefore entitled to stop the clock again.

The original voluntary suspensions only amounted to approx 4 and a bit months, not the six often touted.

And in this this time of oblivious bliss some "conscientious" footballer and his bloody Club picks up a Brownlow and walks away with dare I say millions.

This is such a farce, essendon to their credit have delayed this for so long that they have significantly reduced the damage to the club. Any sanctions against 30+ players is now 11 or so players. They have cleaned out their list to reduce the number of player who could get penalised. They have also seem to think if there is any penalty this should be for the time served, i.e. provisional suspension in the off season counts in my book counts for nothing. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the players will take the fall and the club will continue on their merry way, no sanctions against the board and others who have kept this farce going for so long.

This is such a farce, essendon to their credit have delayed this for so long that they have significantly reduced the damage to the club. Any sanctions against 30+ players is now 11 or so players. They have cleaned out their list to reduce the number of player who could get penalised. They have also seem to think if there is any penalty this should be for the time served, i.e. provisional suspension in the off season counts in my book counts for nothing. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the players will take the fall and the club will continue on their merry way, no sanctions against the board and others who have kept this farce going for so long.

The lawyers would have worked all this out within 24 hours of that original press conference at AFL House in Feb 2013....DELAY EVERYTHING....and again and again....

not so sure the delaying tactics have really benefited the club

3 plus years of limbo and going nowhere, millions down the gurgler

if they had taken their medicine and been cooperative like the nrl club it would now be ancient history

as others have said there is much more to come maybe dragging on for many more years

• Like 1