• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Good The bad and the very F Ugly

picket fence

His first half impact was about average for him.

I thought he received as much coverage as usual. A shot of him taking off the vest to put on a jacket was a highlight

• Like 1

Watts performance was very indifferent in the first half, as if we were a man down.

Are you being sarcastic? You know he was the sub and came on in the 3rd, don't you?

Red caught CHOOK line and sinker!!??? Oops... you know what that means!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 1

And Picket starts another thread which criticises Toumpas.

Talking of F Ugly.

WRONG!! if you are saying I started a thread specifically to criticise Toumpas well it's plain to see I included him in converstions and just calling it as I see it

Let's play Devils advocate! Anyone think he was quick and had presence??

If no one CAN make that call, then I made a judgement that, On Saturday he was slow and lacked presence!

I stand by those comments.

That is my prerogative!

Let's see if anything changes next week , Eh?

Picket, I thought Toumpas had presence in the sense that he was one of the only players willing to gut run, and he did some nice things, sure he could win more contested ball and win more of the ball in general but I think that's the next step in his development

I felt the weekend showed that he is capable, still has a lot of improvement in him though

• Like 1

Considered comments Sir Paul,

As my last sentence suggests Bring on next week!

Happy IF, your promise of things to come , becomes a reality!

Toumpas' game suggested he is not a lost cause. The way people have carried on about him, that's progress, I guess.

I hope he gets a string of games in coming weeks with a clearly defined team first role that doesn't look spectacular to us but gives him the confidence of knowing that even if he doesn't star, he can still hold his position by doing the right thing by the team.

One step at a time.

I thought he received as much coverage as usual. A shot of him taking off the vest to put on a jacket was a highlight

I would have liked to have seen him give Shaw a smack in the head.

WRONG!! if you are saying I started a thread specifically to criticise Toumpas well it's plain to see I included him in converstions and just calling it as I see it

Let's play Devils advocate! Anyone think he was quick and had presence??

If no one CAN make that call, then I made a judgement that, On Saturday he was slow and lacked presence!

I stand by those comments.

That is my prerogative!

Let's see if anything changes next week , Eh?

Actually, I didn't say you started the thread specifically to criticise Toumpas. But I should have. You could have made your comments in a number of other threads including the post game analysis or Joeboy's excellent three word analysis. But you chose to start a new thread which has been your modus operandi for some time whenever you want to criticise Toumpas or criticise the club for picking Toumpas ahead of Wines.

Nevertheless, if you say you didn't start the thread specifically to criticise Toumpas I'll accept your word.

• Like 2

Actually, I didn't say you started the thread specifically to criticise Toumpas. But I should have. You could have made your comments in a number of other threads including the post game analysis or Joeboy's excellent three word analysis. But you chose to start a new thread which has been your modus operandi for some time whenever you want to criticise Toumpas or criticise the club for picking Toumpas ahead of Wines.

Nevertheless, if you say you didn't start the thread specifically to criticise Toumpas I'll accept your word.

Ah "Sage" words from a Comedia n ! Pleased to see you would accept my words!

I'll tell you what... From now on I'll only make comment on Jimmy Toumpas's positives!!!

How reasonable is that!

In regards to Toumpas I'd love to give him a game for the rest of the year.. Just play him, don't drop him (I don't care if he has 5 disposals). Let's see what he can do. I think so far he tackles quite well and runs a lot. Let's see if we can get some high disposal games as a reward (with good efficiency too)!

Ah "Sage" words from a Comedia n ! Pleased to see you would accept my words!

I'll tell you what... From now on I'll only make comment on Jimmy Toumpas's positives!!!

How reasonable is that!

Picket, interesting challenge you've set yourself there, but one I heartily endorse.

The only reason you've not joined a very exclusive club of one other who I've got on ignore is because the 30% of what you post on Demonland on other issues other than Toumpas and Wines which is quite reasoned and interesting (even if I don't always agree with it). By changing that 30% to 100% (admit it, you won't be writing anything about Toumpas if you stick to your promise), you'll become more interesting overall.

Toump and Spence both need some regular senior games and then the bagging can start.

Actually think both could be kept on the list if things work out this year for them.

• Like 2

Not that I'm advocating violence but so would I.

I thought it was pretty funny the way he was sticking it up Shaw anyway but...

I agree Im not advocating violence either. I just expect some angry unsociable football. Like Hodge and Lewis. i would have sent the runner out to Jack and given him permission to rag doll Shaw and then fall on his head a few times with his elbows and fore arms. Stay down there for awhile too and make sure his face gets a really good massage. When other players come in to remonstrate and he starts getting dragged off don't forget to finish said massage with a bit of a knee and a foot stomp. A good massage is always concluded in this way. use oil if needed.

• Like 1

In regards to Toumpas I'd love to give him a game for the rest of the year.. Just play him, don't drop him (I don't care if he has 5 disposals). Let's see what he can do. I think so far he tackles quite well and runs a lot. Let's see if we can get some high disposal games as a reward (with good efficiency too)!

Give him a go and decide one way or the other. Lets just not spend seven years developing him.

GOOD

Free tickets to the game wowee

Great to watch how a team like Hawthorn can continue Building great lists win Premierships and draft astutely and develop players

Wonderful to see Cameron Bruce, Adem Yze,, David Neitz et all all enjoying themselves in the Hawks upper echelon!

The solid form of Mc Donald, Cross, and Jones

Jack Watts putting team before himself in courageously seeking form at Casey Bravo

[Pedersen] , Nice!

BAD

Chris Dawes mouthing of then having a Shocker

Garlett Missing easy goals AGAIN

Grimes more turnovers than a strudel shop

Spencer Take a mark son, please ( Hang on I'll get Dave Hale to show ya how)

Our second and third tier players being 3rd and 4th tier respectively possibly even 5th tier

UGLY

Our complete lack of pace, run and spread

Howe going going GONE?

Umpiring inconsistencies

Our lack of footy smarts

Not allowed to mention it again!!!!! So I won't

PIGDOG, WATTS, either JAMAR OR GAWN, HOGAN, VINEY all to play next week!

Edited by picket fence

• 3 weeks later...

THE GOOD

JONES sensational today

VINCE sensational today

BRAYSHAW sensational today

GAWN sensational today

CROSS sensational today

THE BAD

Mc DONALDS worse game ever

HOGAN double teamed but needed more

LUMUMBA Tries to do too much! Runs around in ever diminishing concentric circles, finally finishing where he started!

DUNN'S Deplorable kick out easy goal

TOUMPAS ( ok I'll edit) finds going inside ...... confronting!

THE F UGGLY

FITZ not up to it shocking tunnel ball error out bodied numerous times!

ROOS Again outcoached, never ever Paul leave a lose man unguarded in your forward 50!

Edited by picket fence

THE GOOD

JONES sensational today

VINCE sensational today

BRAYSHAW sensational today

GAWN sensational today

CROSS sensational today

THE BAD

Mc DONALDS worse game ever

HOGAN double teamed but needed more

LUMUMBA Tries to do too much

DUNN'S Deplorable kick ou easy goal

THE F UGGLY

Several boys should have played their last games today

TOUMPAS scaredy cat

FITZ not up to it shocking tunnel ball error out bodied numerous times!

ROOS Again outcoached, never ever Paul leave a lose man unguarded in your for ward 50!

Get a load of this plonk ^

FFS, I am not a huge Toumpas fan, but being a 'scaredy cat' is not one of his issues. He definitely lacks composure in congestion, but you just sound like a wood duck continually bringing him up each and every week.

• Like 12

Good:

Watts. Ran hard all day, did plenty of good things, kicked a goal, there at every stoppage.

Toumpas. Continued to present, goes when its his turn. 21 touches and 4 tackles is a good return from a young player.

Matt Jones. Willed himself everywhere and always made a contest despite Collingwood's chip chip chip game style.

Bad:

Hogan. Frost did to him what TMac usually does to players. I love his no-[censored] attitude, but he didn't lead hard enough and any kicks his way were picked off.

McDonald. Beaten comprehensively all day.

Dunn. What's the point when his kicking is poor? Play him at FB, or not at all.

The rest goes without saying, just wanted to get in on what other people were blind to. Especially Watts - I cannot believe that any rational football watcher thought he was 'indifferent!'.

EDIT: Appears that this is a bumped thread. Still miffed by the lack of praise coming Jack's way.

Edited by Pirlo
  • Like 1