The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

26 minutes ago, Peter Griffen said:

And they're going to get Mcarthey as well

And have to ensure they sign on Fyfe as he is set to become a restricted free agent.

4 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

And have to ensure they sign on Fyfe as he is set to become a restricted free agent.

Granted losing Pav and Sandilands is going to free up some money.

• Like 1

5 year offer on big money for Hooker hey?

Pencil in picks 2 AND 3 for the drug cheats in the next draft.

Bastards.

Agree that with the big offers around for KPP's, and the need to re sign Fyfe, that it seems like a difficult task for Freo to fit Hogan into the salary cap, even if he did want to move in a couple of years. Its all good news for us.

I think he will stay.

9 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Pencil in picks 2 AND 3 for the drug cheats in the next draft.

Bastards.

Maybe us trading out our future first round was the right choice then if this does eventuate? 

20 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

And also seperate threads for when he smiles, and his preferred coffee types. 

So if I refer to 'single origin' can I be talking both about his coffee tastes and his possible return to Perth? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Read in today's Sun if you went to see how important/special Hogan is. 

Theu compared stats of "stars" at same age. Only Franklin is on par to what Hogan has done, across all areas.

Tried to upload it but it says it's too big.

how do you upload/insert media just using your phone?

I can't find it on the website :(

In these new forums just cut and pasting a media link into a post seems to work, the forum converts the link back to the appropriate media.

It's made posting gifs and twitter links easier :D

Just now, Choke said:

I can't find it on the website :(

In these new forums just cut and pasting a media link into a post seems to work, the forum converts the link back to the appropriate media.

It's made posting gifs and twitter links easier :D

I took a photo of the newspaper, didn't read it online.

its in the article about Tom Boyd if anyone can find it. It's just stats.

5 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

I took a photo of the newspaper, didn't read it online.

its in the article about Tom Boyd if anyone can find it. It's just stats.

I assume this is the table.

Apologies for the formatting, each heading is offset to the right for some reason.

Edit: Stats for key forwards at 20 years of age.

MATCHES RANKING

INVOLVEMENTS
GOALS
Tom Boyd 23 49 7.4 3.0 3.5 1.0
Josh Kennedy 29 44 8.2 4.4 3.4 0.6
Tom Hawkins 34 65 11.2 5.0 5.4 1.3
Lance Franklin 56 78 11.8 4.5 6.0 2.2
Jarryd Roughead 58 68 11.1 4.3 3.8 1.0
Jesse Hogan 20 78 13.1 6.7 6.2 2.2
Jonathan Brown 38 N/A 12.4 5.4 N/A 1.1
Brendan Fevola 16 N/A 7.0 3.4 N/A 1.6
Edited by Kumamoto_Ken
  • Like 8

I like Bernie's humour when talking about Hogan's contract: "He's contracted for next year still, so I think he'd be silly to sign now. He loves it around the place," Vince said...(He) might be able to squeeze a bit more money out of the club if he has another good year, so I can see why he's done it...Hopefully he doesn't take any money off me though. I haven't got much left at the moment."  Typical Bernie!

I like this as well: Vince wasn't afraid to mention September action as a possibility for the Dees.

"We're not shying away from that (time for the Demons to get results). From last year to this year has been a massive step up," he said...If we can step up just as much as we did the year before – which I think we're in front of that – you only need to win a few more… and we'll be knocking on the finals door."

I haven't heard this talk around our club for ever so long.  I'm no longer hearing the platitudes and half-hearted but unfounded optimism of prior years.  From every player interviewed I'm hearing belief and intent.  And its significance that this is coming from players rather than coaches or football department - it means the players are taking ownership of results.  Reminds me of the wise words from Barassi:  If it is to be, it is up to me! 

2016 might be a bumpy ride due to our young group but it sure will be worthwhile!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6

Looking at Mr Hulett Im not sure Jesse is still the reigning Hulk !!

33 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I like Bernie's humour when talking about Hogan's contract: "He's contracted for next year still, so I think he'd be silly to sign now. He loves it around the place," Vince said...(He) might be able to squeeze a bit more money out of the club if he has another good year, so I can see why he's done it...Hopefully he doesn't take any money off me though. I haven't got much left at the moment."  Typical Bernie!

I like this as well: Vince wasn't afraid to mention September action as a possibility for the Dees.

"We're not shying away from that (time for the Demons to get results). From last year to this year has been a massive step up," he said...If we can step up just as much as we did the year before – which I think we're in front of that – you only need to win a few more… and we'll be knocking on the finals door."

I haven't heard this talk around our club for ever so long.  I'm no longer hearing the platitudes and half-hearted but unfounded optimism of prior years.  From every player interviewed I'm hearing belief and intent.  And its significance that this is coming from players rather than coaches or football department - it means the players are taking ownership of results.  Reminds me of the wise words from Barassi:  If it is to be, it is up to me! 

2016 might be a bumpy ride due to our young group but it sure will be worthwhile!

think Hawthorn 2008.  ............. no wait.  Shouldn't dare to dream after our last decade.  Should I?

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

think Hawthorn 2008.  ............. no wait.  Shouldn't dare to dream after our last decade.  Should I?

Dream dream dream !!!

41 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I like Bernie's humour when talking about Hogan's contract: "He's contracted for next year still, so I think he'd be silly to sign now. He loves it around the place," Vince said...(He) might be able to squeeze a bit more money out of the club if he has another good year, so I can see why he's done it...Hopefully he doesn't take any money off me though. I haven't got much left at the moment." 

LOL.. Bernie is the man.   Go glad we got him to the club.

• Like 6

jake niall (ex-the age) on fox sports news just confirmed that negotiations have stalled and jesse wants to see how transition from roos to goodwin works, and essentially decision will be dictated to some degree on whether we can make finals in the next two seasons.

something about the line "if it is to be, it's up to me" comes to mind to be honest...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

jake niall (ex-the age) on fox sports news just confirmed that negotiations have stalled and jesse wants to see how transition from roos to goodwin works, and essentially decision will be dictated to some degree on whether we can make finals in the next two seasons.

something about the line "if it is to be, it's up to me" comes to mind to be honest...

But but he loves melbourne the city..

Seriously though of course this was always going to be the case and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. The Perth factor is also still  big and shouldn't be ruled out also. Must improve or else he walks.

Niall may have 'confirmed' that but who is his source? More likely this is just Niall's assessment of the situation based on the evidence that is obviously available.

4 minutes ago, Django said:

Niall may have 'confirmed' that but who is his source? More likely this is just Niall's assessment of the situation based on the evidence that is obviously available.

Its just another irreverent opinion from a hack footy journo.  Everything Ive read is he loves the MFC.   His own manager said that, his own teammates say it.

Thats good enough for me.

• Like 3

On 26/2/2016 at 0:14 AM, Curry & Beer said:

Correct. Surely everybody here knows what type of club we are talking about. Sure, things are looking up, but they were looking up in 2011 also. Hogan, like us, must acknowledge the possibility that the club will fall to bits again and resume regular 100 point beltings. Don't forget that yet again we have another assistant coach taking the reins as head coach in 2017. We don't actually have any idea how we are going to go once Roos takes his dump truck full of cash and hits Hawaii.  I don't think it will happen, but our horrifically poor history speaks for itself. Hogan is in a position to get everything he wants, and no doubt that includes being part of a side that is at least moderately successful for the bulk of his career, so to commit to us long term right now is a bit of a risk. I firmly think the WA/family thing and the money thing aren't his issues, we hold all the cards except the success card.

55 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

Everyone is assuming that Hogan put off the talks.  But I heard the Ox say mfc offered Hogan 3 years and then 5 years (to 2020 and 2022 respectively).    And tbh I think this is responsible by the club - who knows his back problems may recur big time.  At the minimum he will require managing.  Maybe Hogan wanted a longer term, risk free deal? 

Also, who knows what else was on the table:  Leadership role.  B&F results.  Performance criteria.  Injury protection for the club. Marquis player payments (which have tax benefits), sponsorship opportunities. 

And on the CBA.  There are a lot of potential changes to player conditions and benefits - any delay by players isn't necessarily about $.

So tbh it is very simplistic to say delays with Hogan are about $ or making finals in 2 years.  It ignores all the other factors that are part of contract negotiations.

I am really wary of 'journos' looking for a headline.  While I am also besotted with Hogan I still want the club to manage all the risks and do the right thing by all. 

So perhaps the delay was mutual, as reported. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

I still believe firmly it's just his manager making sure he doesn't rush anything, by all accounts Jesse loves the club and is loyal to it, but his manager is just saying, settle down and see how this year plays out, 

10 wins or more i think will see Jesse sign on before the start of 2017, ultimately i think he's ours to lose though

• Like 1

What really irks me is that when Peter Wright signs a one year extension with the Suns to stay until the end of 2017, the media spins it as "Wright Stays Loyal". When Hogan, a player who extended last season for TWO years and also comes out of contract post-2017, delays negotiations until the end of 2016, the media spins it as if he's ready to jump ship. 

• Like 1