Footscray v Casey Scorpions - Round 2, 2015

KC from Casey

I hope they leave de` Toump to get a few weeks of solid form together, before we elevate him again. lets Not throw him in with the Wolverines again.

We have FREO/SWANS/HAWKS/BULLIES/POWER/PIES over the next 6 rounds

I'd like to see experience & body size come into the Demons side at the moment with the tough road ahead. As long as we maintain the speed we had this match gone.

That is a very tough 6 weeks! If we can sneak 2 wins out of those I'll be very happy.

I feel like we need to push freo, Hawks and the swans hard, and that we can.

There is no reason we can't surprise one of those teams nut an attitude that we can't win because of ladder position would most likely result in a smashing that undoes all the confidence we have gained

Here are the match statistics which might throw some light on who comes in for Neville Jetta and Dean Kent (or possibly add to the confusion):

Rohan Bail 1 goals 10 disposals 7 kicks 3 handballs 2 marks 2 tackles 44 dream team points

Jack Fitzpatrick 8 disposals 3 kicks 5 handballs 3 marks 30 dream team points

Max Gawn 7 disposals 1 kicks 6 handballs 3 tackles 26 hit outs 48 dream team points

Jack Grimes 19 disposals 12 kicks 7 handballs 4 marks 9 tackles 97 dream team points

James Harmes 1 goal 2 behinds 19 disposals 8 kicks 11 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 78 dream team points

Matt Jones 1 behind 19 disposals 10 kicks 9 handballs 4 marks 6 tackles 80 team points

Jordie McKenzie 20 disposals 13 kicks 7 handballs 2 marks 5 tackles 66 dream team points

Cam Pedersen 3 goals 13 disposals 6 kicks 7 handballs 5 marks 3 tackles 68 dream team points

Aidan Riley 1 behind 23 disposals 5 kicks 18 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 83 dream team points

Jake Spencer 18 disposals 8 kicks 10 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 28 hit outs dream 92 team points

Billy Stretch 1 goal 1 behind 16 disposals 8 kicks 8 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 82 dream team points

Dean Terlich 15 disposals 13 kicks 2 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 72 dream team points

Jimmy Toumpas 1 behind 27 disposals 18 kicks 9 handballs 6 marks 6 tackles 109 dream team points

• Like 4

Here are the match statistics which might throw some light on who comes in for Neville Jetta and Dean Kent (or possibly add to the confusion):

Rohan Bail 1 goals 10 disposals 7 kicks 3 handballs 2 marks 2 tackles 44 dream team points

Max Gawn 7 disposals 1 kicks 6 handballs 3 tackles 26 hit outs 48 dream team points

Jack Grimes 19 disposals 12 kicks 7 handballs 4 marks 9 tackles 97 dream team points

James Harmes 1 goal 2 behinds 19 disposals 8 kicks 11 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 78 dream team points

Matt Jones 1 behind 19 disposals 10 kicks 9 handballs 4 marks 6 tackles 80 team points

Jordie McKenzie 20 disposals 13 kicks 7 handballs 2 marks 5 tackles 66 dream team points

Cam Pedersen 3 goals 13 disposals 6 kicks 7 handballs 5 marks 3 tackles 68 dream team points

Aidan Riley 1 behind 23 disposals 5 kicks 18 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 83 dream team points

Jake Spencer 18 disposals 8 kicks 10 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 28 hit outs dream 92 team points

Billy Stretch 1 goal 1 behind 16 disposals 8 kicks 8 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 82 dream team points

Dean Terlich 15 disposals 13 kicks 2 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 72 dream team points

Jimmy Toumpas 1 behind 27 disposals 18 kicks 9 handballs 6 marks 6 tackles 109 dream team points

WJ it looks like on the whole pretty disappointing from the guys who should be pressing for selection.

With Kent out, Bail really needed a big one but looks like he didn't.

Also are you missing the disposals for Toumpas?

WJ it looks like on the whole pretty disappointing from the guys who should be pressing for selection.

With Kent out, Bail really needed a big one but looks like he didn't.

Also are you missing the disposals for Toumpas?

Bail concussed

Went missing in second half because of rotations. Barely got on in third Quarter. Had more time in fourth where he racked up quite a few disposals. Not the cleanest today, but overstated as to how many missed targets. In those conditions, he did well. Starting to build his contested game now. I thought he looked pretty good. Finding a lot more ball.

Funny you should say that. In the second half I ssf behind our bench. Quite interesting to hear the players coming on and off and their comments (who have I got? Pick up 20 etc). The toump was on the sidelines, came on but called back off less than 5 mins later. Not happy. Very loudly yelled 'that was the worst fuckibg rotation ever'

Bail concussed

If that is true isn't time for him to hang up the boots. Too many hits to the head for his own good. He has a life to live after footy.

• Like 1

Went missing in second half because of rotations. Barely got on in third Quarter. Had more time in fourth where he racked up quite a few disposals. Not the cleanest today, but overstated as to how many missed targets. In those conditions, he did well. Starting to build his contested game now. I thought he looked pretty good. Finding a lot more ball.

The other thing was in the second and 3rd q he played at HB (I missed the first q) but in the last q started up forward and on ball. I wonder if giving him less time in the second half (to rest him?) and playing him forward is an indication he is a good chance to replace Kent in that defensive forward role. I agree that he missed some targets but was very physical. I reckon Grimes is a lock and good cover for jetts.

Looks like Grimes and Spencer from that. It would fit the opponents and they're both playing well.

Looks like Grimes and Spencer from that. It would fit the opponents and they're both playing well.

Lol! Your picking them by the numbers and still miss Toump's better stats and DT points. If he was as bad as most say, these would be the worst on that list.

Whipping Boy.

Does it worry you that Spencer played great & got 28 hit-outs, while Gawn was awful but got 26 hit-outs? Is this right?

Can anyone clarify who was against Minson most of the time?

Plapp's player reviews will be interesting reading.

Does it worry you that Spencer played great & got 28 hit-outs, while Gawn was awful but got 26 hit-outs? Is this right?

Can anyone clarify who was against Minson most of the time?

Plapp's player reviews will be interesting reading.

Spencer provided a contest every chance he got, Max didn't, with his height I would be very surprised if Max didn't get some hit outs, he was ordinary for the rest of the game, when he went forward it was like having a tall statue in the 50, Spencer assisted with at least two goals by throwing his body on the line

• Like 1

Spencer provided a contest every chance he got, Max didn't, with his height I would be very surprised if Max didn't get some hit outs, he was ordinary for the rest of the game, when he went forward it was like having a tall statue in the 50, Spencer assisted with at least two goals by throwing his body on the line

Fair enough.

Good to see both Stretch & Harmes continue to get a bit of the ball.

Never seen you so blunt on our players before?!

I like it!

I have never understood what all the hype is about with Gawn.

So far his senior level career has been the odd good quarter.

At this point he is not AFL standard.

Needs two more years of constant games ( some thing his body has not been up to so far ) at Casey to hopefully develop.

I'm with you except for the bit about giving him two more years.

He was recruited in the 2009 draft. This is his SIXTH year at the club. Can take a grab but I also don't see what the hype is about. If he hasn't cut it by now he is never going to. We need to play him or move him on.

• Like 1

Surely with those numbers it will be Grimes and Toumpas in.

I can understand people wanting to play two rucks but the problem then is we lose a runner and the Freo midfield is one of the strongest in the comp. I imagine we will go with same ruck combo as Friday night with the knowledge we will likely lose the ruck battle but will try and still win the clearances or at least break even.

Surely with those numbers it will be Grimes and Toumpas in.

I can understand people wanting to play two rucks but the problem then is we lose a runner and the Freo midfield is one of the strongest in the comp. I imagine we will go with same ruck combo as Friday night with the knowledge we will likely lose the ruck battle but will try and still win the clearances or at least break even.

Been unsure where I stood on this weeks selections but I'm starting to think you're right. It doesn't matter who we bring in, Sandilands will have his way with them. We will lose the ruck battle regardless so focus on reading his taps or run off an opponent. Gotta be Grimes and probably Toumpas for me.

Good to see Spencer doing well though, I particularly like to hear him taking marks. If he can provide that outlet just outside the D50 then he will be very useful.