Concerning news re Darren Jolly's health

DeeSpencer

Unfortunately has a brain lesion causing him to be unwell and requiring surgery and now awaiting biopsy results. We've had too many ex Melbourne people get sick of late so I'm hoping he gets through this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-collingwood-the-block-star-darren-jolly-in-cancer-scare/story-fni0fiyv-1227212321066

Firstly let me say he made a call when it was him v Jamar re leaving, so I've got no qualms there so I don't want to hear about it. He then had a fair crack at Collingwood on the way out, but hey nothing wrong with that. And if he and his wife want to make fools of themselves on reality TV for potentially good cash then good luck to them!

So none of that overshadows the horrible news and whilst I'm all for a bit of black (and particularly black and white) humour I think we should avoid directly criticising him!

• Like 1

Another player who spent time at the Junction Oval. Too many have got sick or died for my liking...

Long shot maybe, but so many....

The numbers needed for there to actually be a problem are very high, it's amazing what is scientifically put down to just bad luck. But when you think about it if you get millions of people to keep flipping coins someones going to get 100 heads in a row.

So it's probably not the time or place, but my thoughts are it might be getting to a stage where someone needs to take a look, not on a witch hunt or for the point of proving something, just for a good honest appraisal. A full scientific investigation, maybe not, but the club doctor to review some cases and speak to experts as well as the club to pay for a good poke around junction oval by work place inspectors would be a start. We are natural to be suspicious here on demonland, we love the club and our people, even our ex people. It's best the club is out ahead of this and pro active.

As for Darren- a benign tumour, an easy resection, a smooth recovery and health and prosperity including some decent cash from the block is what I hope for!

Hopefully its just from an old footy injury as it says in the article.

I see your point georgiou but Stynes wouldn't be included in that study because he initially had skin cancer and the sun shines everywhere! I think Baileys was a rare chest wall tumor? Daniher has motor neuron disease and Flower had a sudden unexpected illness? I guess its possible they were all exposed to some type of chemical that causes a variety of illnesses but my guess would be just serious bad luck.

Another player who spent time at the Junction Oval. Too many have got sick or died for my liking...

Long shot maybe, but so many....

My sister worked for the Dees in the mid 80s at Jolimont terrace. She sadly passed away last year from Cancer.

Both Big Jim and Sean spent time/or al least visited the office there as my sister told me tales of their high jinks in the office:-)

There were many factors at play but I do wonder.

My sister worked for the Dees in the mid 80s at Jolimont terrace. She sadly passed away last year from Cancer.

Both Big Jim and Sean spent time/or al least visited the office there as my sister told me tales of their high jinks in the office:-)

There were many factors at play but I do wonder.

The ABC in Brisbane had to build a new complex because of breast cancer cases up there.

That's why i wonder.

We have lost too many people from that junction era. I hope Darren makes a full recovery...

• Like 1

Ex Fitzroy players should be dropping like flies then .

The St Kilda cricketers also.

Most of them are fine to the best of my knowledge.

Apart from asbestos,I cannot think of any enviromental factors that may be responsible for the Junction appearing to be "hazardous".

There is a huge amount of pollution in the air there during peak hours ,and was probably worse when we trained there but that would apply to nearly any ground in town.

Hopefully Jolly will be fine.

and be a rare good news story about an ex Demon.

• Like 2

I think the unproven but possible suspected factor in the ABC building was electromagnetic radiation which would be found perhaps in higher than average levels in a broadcaster's building.

Nothing was able to be demonstrated as a causative factor; in any case should not be relevant to any MFC premises.

Unfortunately has a brain lesion causing him to be unwell and requiring surgery and now awaiting biopsy results. We've had too many ex Melbourne people get sick of late so I'm hoping he gets through this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-collingwood-the-block-star-darren-jolly-in-cancer-scare/story-fni0fiyv-1227212321066

Firstly let me say he made a call when it was him v Jamar re leaving, so I've got no qualms there so I don't want to hear about it. He then had a fair crack at Collingwood on the way out, but hey nothing wrong with that. And if he and his wife want to make fools of themselves on reality TV for potentially good cash then good luck to them!

So none of that overshadows the horrible news and whilst I'm all for a bit of black (and particularly black and white) humour I think we should avoid directly criticising him!

goodonja Georgiou R.R. Martin, I agree with all you said.

I was a Jolly supporter back then, & wanted white to be more physical & for Jolly to get games when danners was coaching... I reckon Jolly did alright over his career & good on him.

really hope he will be OK out of this health scare.

goodonja Georgiou R.R. Martin, I agree with all you said.

I was a Jolly supporter back then, & wanted white to be more physical & for Jolly to get games when danners was coaching... I reckon Jolly did alright over his career & good on him.

really hope he will be OK out of this health scare.

"Did alright" dee-luded!

does it get much better than the main Ruckman in two premierships?

Good luck DJ

• Like 2

Why u little, you are crackers, nothing to do with junction Oval, dean bailey was hardly there, 50% of men will get cancer by the age of 85, and it's not all cancer, lately anyway, how many demons have train there 200 300 hundred and you get two former players and one coach hardly a cluster, and Jimmy was skin cancer that spread, so that does not cont is there stronger UV at junction. So before you clam a cluster you need about 10 people.

Why u little, you are crackers, nothing to do with junction Oval, dean bailey was hardly there, 50% of men will get cancer by the age of 85, and it's not all cancer, lately anyway, how many demons have train there 200 300 hundred and you get two former players and one coach hardly a cluster, and Jimmy was skin cancer that spread, so that does not cont is there stronger UV at junction. So before you clam a cluster you need about 10 people.

Sean Wight and ND were there as well...

Sean Wight and ND were there as well...

ND does not have cancer, are u connecting motor neuron with cancer, ask a doctor if they are related he would laugh at you yes and Sean is one of the two players, and jolly might not even have cancer, I think you should stop grasp at straws, before you start looking like a old fool, I repeat ND does not have cancer, he has motor neuron.

ND does not have cancer, are u connecting motor neuron with cancer, ask a doctor if they are related he would laugh at you yes and Sean is one of the two players, and jolly might not even have cancer, I think you should stop grasp at straws, before you start looking like a old fool, I repeat ND does not have cancer, he has motor neuron.

I know what ND has. We have a lot of sick people from that era.

That's what we have

Did you ever go inside parts of the junction buildings when we did train there?

You can't get Motor Neurone from the environment. It is a genetic condition passed down by your parents or grandparents.

That may well be so. But breathing bad air over a period of time can drop the bodies immune system.

And there were certain areas inside the junction structures that were putrid. I saw it for myself.

I always said it is a long shot. But we have lost or they have been struck down with a life debilitating illness players and officials from the same era.

They all worked at the Junction Oval for varying amounts of time.

"Breathing bad air over a period of time can drop the bodies immune system". What does that mean exactly ?? It's meaningless gibberish or are you maybe an immunologist ?

In any case MND has nothing to do with the immune system its about the electrical signals from the brain to the muscles.

This is a very silly and vague generalization. You may as well say "they all drove Japanese cars" must be something in the upholstery.

"Breathing bad air over a period of time can drop the bodies immune system". What does that mean exactly ?? It's meaningless gibberish or are you maybe an immunologist ?

In any case MND has nothing to do with the immune system its about the electrical signals from the brain to the muscles.

This is a very silly and vague generalization. You may as well say "they all drove Japanese cars" must be something in the upholstery.

I agree with you, anyway how is the air any worse then everywhere else in Melbourne city, I think why u little wants to put our club, next he will be blaming Cameron Schwab

I know what ND has. We have a lot of sick people from that era.

That's what we have

Did you ever go inside parts of the junction buildings when we did train there?

the MCC sent us to Siberia Junction swyl. get off the MCG they said. at the junction, the groundskeeper was constantly burning & heating pitch & soil.