THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

From Bruce Francis on Bombertalk (this bloke is a crack-up):

On another issue concern has been expressed that EFC could be without 18 players for the NAB Cup.

I beg to differ. EFC has been at pains to protect the identity of the players who have been charged.

If those 18 were omitted from the NAB Cup we would learn their identity. I therefore believe the club would leave out an additional dozen or so top players so no one would know the identity of the 18.

Thus, EFC would field a third rate side in the NAB Cup. I suspect Fox and NAB wouldn't be too pleased with that scenario.

Fielding a third rate side would be much more effective than Robbo's mythical boycott.

A boycott would have brought penalties and ridicule. A third-rate team sticks it up the AFL.

Sorry, wouldn't that be tanking?

• Like 2

Absolutely. Manipulating the outcome of a match.

Of course they've done it before ... Bryce Gibbs cup (it takes 2 to tango)

Salary cap cheats, Tanking, drug cheats.

• Like 2

I admit that I absolutely loved Hird as a player. When he was an on the couch resident I advocated for him being chased, hard, by our beloved Jim as the next coach post-Bailey.

Now though...geez. Talk about going from revered to reviled.

I maintain that try should be coming down like an almighty tonne of bricks on the Bombers:

- Hird banned for life

- players banned for two years, reduced to 12 months, potentially

- all involved support personal banned for 12 months (eg Bomber, Goodwin, Wallis etc)

It's the only way a lesson can be taught.

Won't happen tho I don't think.

• Like 1

You mean the Princeton Uni graduate, who was considered smart enough to be Defence Secretary of the most powerful country on earth???

Easy answer mate.

Its you.

Yep, appointed by that Yale and Harvard graduate George W Bush. Maybe you need to rethink your last line.

• Like 2

Crompton, there's no point in trying to summarise or do anything else with Qwerty's position, like make sense of it. He isn't interested in anything other than establishing a branch of the James Hird fanclub on Demonland and picking fights with people about a contract that he, like the rest of us, knows nothing about.

And one of the possible conditions in that contract that he knows nothing about might well have to do with protections for the EFC if investigations ongoing at the time led to adverse findings against players in Hird's charge, the club or Hird himself. Qwerty seems to think Little is an idiot. He may be all sorts of things but I wouldn't be putting any money on that.

You can't be that dim can you! I have said quite clearly Hird should be banned. It's just not that clear how that mechanism will happen.

I have merely expressed a view on this situation. You don't like it (nor can you accurately present it). Grow up.

You can't be that dim can you! I have said quite clearly Hird should be banned. It's just not that clear how that mechanism will happen.

I have merely expressed a view on this situation. You don't like it ( nor can you accurately present it). Grow up.

Not as dim as someone who doesn't know the function of a question mark, obviously.

'It's just not that clear' ... an ambiguity you've turned into interminable declarations about what's in Hird's contract, what will happen and so forth.

And as for 'expressing a view' ... over and over and over and over. Nor did I 'present it' by the way. I presume you mean represent; but I was in fact pointing out to Crompton that your 'view' escapes representation given that it's based entirely on ignorance.

Oh, and well done in evading the substantive point, as you do whenever anybody mentions anything inconvenient to your thesis about Hirdian exceptionalism.

What will be the impact on us if Essendon are banned from the NAB Challenge? We play them on Mar 20 at Etihad.

Options that I can think of in substitute of the cancelled game:

1) Intra-club game

2) Most players play a VFL game for Casey

3) Arrange a trial game on Fri Mar 27 against St Kilda (who will also miss out on game due to Essendon)

What will be the impact on us if Essendon are banned from the NAB Challenge? We play them on Mar 20 at Etihad.

Options that I can think of in substitute of the cancelled game:

1) Intra-club game

2) Most players play a VFL game for Casey

3) Arrange a trial game on Fri Mar 27 against St Kilda (who will also miss out on game due to Essendon)

I think the option is they will have enough players to field a team so we will play a sub standard Essendon team. They would still have the likes of Goddard, Daniher, Cooney and Zacarakis...be interesting to see who is missing.

• Like 2

I think the option is they will have enough players to field a team so we will play a sub standard Essendon team. They would still have the likes of Goddard, Daniher, Cooney and Zacarakis...be interesting to see who is missing.

The missing will be listed as having chronic fatigue syndrome and general soreness.

• Like 1

The game must go on. I have purchased my tickets and if they try to cancel the game, I'll take the AFL, Hird, Essendon, and Dank all the way to the High Court over this ... no, wait.

• Like 11

Just love how this excuse for a human constantly plays the victim card.

personally I HOPE he does have a crack at the High Court, and I hope they let him , though doubt it. My fervent wish is this festering blob of excrement becomes bankrupt, both financially as well as his already present state morally.

Just love to see the High Court smack him down also. He's shameless, must be Faust's poster boy for sure !!

So let me guess you don't like him bb?
  • Like 2

So let me guess you don't like him bb?

Its not personal OD...lol... Id detest anything like this puss-pot

I have a sense that the dam wall has breached, but as its under wraps we wont know just yet.

Go you good ASADA !! ;)

I have a sense that the dam wall has breached, but as its under wraps we wont know just yet.

Go you good ASADA !! ;)

Jury has gone out yet.

Be Careful of the cart and horse

James Hird, winner of the Australian Legal Profession Association Client of the Year 2015, contemplating yet another exercise in futility ~

Hird needs $100,000 to launch High Court Appeal

Go for it Jimmy. The legal profession loves you, even if nobody else does (other than Tanya and Bomber fans on Kool-Aid).

• Like 6