THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Peter might look like it at times but don't underestimate him. He will have a well thought at position and this is only the first move.

No comment on his looks but his words would indicate he is on the wrong bus.

Suing the AFL for breach of duty of care would be a long bow. If it succeeded this would only mean more pain for EFC. The AFL would not take it lying down and the repercussions would be massive.

Maybe not.

The Club has the onus of that particular duty of care as the players are in the Clubs hands, under THEIR tutelage and guidance. The AFL only set the rules by which the competition is run. Its beholden upon players to know and understand what they are responsible for and the club it to work within the rules for what ever operations are carried out by its organisation.

Jess ought to be aiming all barrels at Essendon...but then he wouldnt would he !!

The Club has the onus of that particular duty of care as the players are in the Clubs hands, under THEIR tutelage and guidance. The AFL only set the rules by which the competition is run. Its beholden upon players to know and understand what they are responsible for and the club it to work within the rules for what ever operations are carried out by its organisation.

Jess ought to be aiming all barrels at Essendon...but then he wouldnt would he !!

I understand this but what I'm saying is his current move is not his last. I'm sure Essendon are in his sights and I don't know why you would think different. Does he have an allegiance to Essendon?

The AFL have been negligent here as well, they knew that Essendon were embarking on this path but did nothing to stop it until the Federal Government got involved. I would think they are also compromised with what has happened at the Suns and would have preferred this can of worms not to have been opened.

• Like 1

But BB . . if there were no AFL there would be no rules, no rules = no crime, no crime er no crime. So logically the AFL must take the blame.

And . . what about Moses he started this whole thing off with those commandments of his, so he must also share in the blame. What a ridiculous imposition on society are these rules, I mean who can possibly go through life without coveting his neighbours goat . . at least once anyway !

• Like 1

One could form an argument that he did less than a wonderful job of looking after his client and maybe others at Essendon.

How come he did not know what was going on?

Perhaps players could sue him for looking after their interests.

• Like 1

Hey sweet dee, where did the 'sour' come from? Hope it isn't an early dose of MFCSS!

I suspect BBO will still be 'smitten' and you will always be 'sweet dee' to him! ^_^

The fat guy from "The Hangover" suggested it. When old dee agrees that you're being a little pessimistic, I think it's time to have a little look at yourself :P

• Like 2

The fat guy from "The Hangover" suggested it. When old dee agrees that you're being a little pessimistic, I think it's time to have a little look at yourself :P

Nah, some of us like you as you are sweet dee...not like you to listen to naysayers!!

One could form an argument that he did less than a wonderful job of looking after his client and maybe others at Essendon.

I would go with that argument 'old dee', I've consistently said that it beggars belief that the player managers and the AFLPA didn't know what was going on. Maybe this is part of Jess' strategy, shifting the blame from him (managers) to someone else.

I think there will be a lot of this in coming months, well I think there has been a fair bit already. The AFL, Essendon, AFLPA and player managers will all take a hit. Who will be left without the chair?

• Like 1

I would go with that argument 'old dee', I've consistently said that it beggars belief that the player managers and the AFLPA didn't know what was going on. Maybe this is part of Jess' strategy, shifting the blame from him (managers) to someone else.

I think there will be a lot of this in coming months, well I think there has been a fair bit already. The AFL, Essendon, AFLPA and player managers will all take a hit. Who will be left without the chair?

With any luck there will be no chairs and they all have to look like standing idiots.

• Like 1

Moose Henwood is unfortunately one of the judges in this matter. We've seen him before when he found Jack Viney guilty (which was dismissed on appeal).

I dont think either side would consider him to advocate their cause.

But he is an AFL tribunal member and in this case is sitting in judgement. So anything is possible.

He also sat on the one that found Trengove guilty for his sling tackle.

Perhaps the reason Jess is not taking aim at Essendon is because his client doesn't want to sue his old club and incur the wrath of former club mates and friends there? The whole thing is yet another distraction because Jess knows that he doesn't have a hope in hell of succeeding against the AFL without also taking on the Bombers and proving what it was that they gave him. For all he knows it might have been a baby formula like thymomodulin or whatever other substance comes in that photoshopped picture of a bottle that they're so desperate to convince us the players were given. In which case, Jess' client has no action because all it does is help him sleep like a baby. Now, why on earth would a smart scientist like Dank feed his players with something like that as part of a programme to develop better footballers?

#Illinjectwithyou

• Like 1

Thought I read somewhere that all contracts were with the AFL and thats how the Essendon players were require to talk to the AFL/ASADA investigators.

It's a tripartite agreement between player club and AFL. AFL has to ratify the contracts however I believe the players remain employees/contractors to the club. This is different to say the NBA where players are employees/contracted to the league which is why they can be traded anywhere without their consent, because regardless where they play they're still employed by the same league.

Moose Henwood is unfortunately one of the judges in this matter. We've seen him before when he found Jack Viney guilty (which was dismissed on appeal).

I dont think either side would consider him to advocate their cause.

But he is an AFL tribunal member and in this case is sitting in judgement. So anything is possible.

There's also a chance that he might get this one right. I understand that he found against Viney because he believed that he had offended against the rule relating to the head high tackle. If, after hearing the evidence, he believes the players broke the rules, he'll find them guilty.

#Illinjectwithyou

“This saga should never, ever have reached the position where it is today,” Jess said.“The AFL has been negligent, absolutely from start to finish.”Is Peter Jess ex manager of JOBE suggesting there was something "not right" with EFC's supplements program and the AFL is to blame?Has the Comedy Festival hit town?A must read . . .http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/nathan-lovett-murray-could-launch-claim-against-afl-over-essendon-doping-saga/story-e6frf3e3-1227158919835

As stupid as it seems he does have a point. The AFL (Demetriou down) was aware there was (or at the very least potentially was) dodgy stuff going on at Essendon and they did nothing to address it. Where is the AFL's governance? Nothing would have ever come to light if it wasn't for the ACC and ASADA investigating and prompting EFC to self report. The AFL was and still is just a slick PR machine worried about nothing but their "image" - they would have been quite happy to sweep this under the rug if no one else came snooping around.

Maybe it simply comes down to AFL has money whereas after all is said and done Essendons pockets will be turned out.

Just remind me again how the player agents provided good counsel to their clients during 2012.

Maybe Mr Jess could consider taking action against his own company!

• Like 1

What i worry about is how the media are getting us used to this whole "backdating" of the penalties, so whatever penalty received will be backdated to the issue date of the infraction notice, which makes absolutely no sense seeing they've still been training, participating in international rules games etc. 2 years down to 6 months, backdated really is about 2 weeks. The same Essendon supporters crying about how dodgy the AFL are will be crying tears of joy when the AFL master dealer maker Gil, makes sure the TV rights deal isn't effected and allows cheats to get slapped on the wrist. At that point I'll probably go back to watching local footy.

It isn't ultimately up to the AFL. They can grandstand and manipulate all they like, but ultimately WADA and CAS have the final say. Hird has wasted his money, our time, and the players' good health.

It isn't ultimately up to the AFL. They can grandstand and manipulate all they like, but ultimately WADA and CAS have the final say. Hird has wasted his money, our time, and the players' good health.

WADA didn't come over the top in the NRL case though what makes you think they will here? Genuine question because I've seen this mentioned a few times but as a long time supporter I've been conditioned to the AFL sweeping things under the rug.

Some people say I look like a fat Jesus.

mmmmm That rumour has been doing the rounds on other threads.I even saw it written on the toilet walls at parliment station.

• Like 1

mmmmm That rumour has been doing the rounds on other threads.I even saw it written on the toilet walls at parliment station.

that would be 'Parliament' Better me than BBO who will make you write lines...just saying ..lol