Reasons why and why not to sign up in 2015

Soidee

This is the only year since I can remember that I won't be renewing.

I like the direction of the club, they can make me respect them now - because they have lost my respect.

For the first time in a long time, MFC are playing for the right to have me as a member.

Sorry, but I can see the meme artists having a field day with that.

This is the only year since I can remember that I won't be renewing.

I like the direction of the club, they can make me respect them now - because they have lost my respect.

For the first time in a long time, MFC are playing for the right to have me as a member.

The Tipping Point has been reached....Fair Enough too

The club has to win these people back

Blind Faith is over.

• Like 1

The list is continuing to improve. The recent additions and delistings are a good thing. We have good draft selections. Hogan will get games. Very good additions to the coaching team. I believe we are on a better path going forward than I have seen in the last 8 years.

9+ wins in 2015 is what I believe will happen.

Get on board.

Get real FFS Moonie. This positive and optimistic [censored] comes up every year and ..come round 1 we turn to [censored]. I at least want us to train the house down before I make such predictions

Come on guys! I pay every year automatically, don't even give it a second thought. It is us people that keep the club going because we want it to continue. Every club has ups and downs, but you find out the true supporter when the going gets tough and you are down in the mire but once again the membership comes in and you pay! Bad times don't last forever. Grow some cojones, renew your membership and live in hope that the current administration is on the right track. I am supremely confident good times are around the corner, don't miss the ride!

I have paid next years membership....But it will not be automatic again if 2015 is not a massive improvement

I started this thread because I have been a continuous member for 35 years and now am starting to question the value of a premium membership to the MFC.

I love my football club but I do not love this current team.

For the past 3 years I have lost interest in attending games on a regular basis. Simple reason for this! The football has been bad to watch.

At this point in time I question our medical and fitness staff to keep our best players on the park.

I question our recruitment staff for obvious reasons.

I question the majority of the list on their ability to compete with the rest of the competition.

I rate our coaching staff

I rate our current administration

This leaves me with a decision to sign on for a 36th year. Probably sitting at 60/40 today, with the hope Roos will get the job done and some players will reach their potential.

I am guessing I am not alone with questioning paying another membership

No one would have an argument with you that watching our games previous to this year was beyond excruciating. This year in the first half I went to or watched games that I thought we could have a chance. That hasn't happened for a long time. Given that we had to make major changes to the team set up because of injuries and players, after probably one of the most gruelling of preseasons they had ever experienced (apart from those bought in from other clubs) were absolutely "stuffed" in the last half of the season, I could still see the improvement. There were still times where they played exciting football.

Now that the players (old and young) have had a full 12 months experience under PR and experienced coaches, their development should take the next step. The recruiting dept with Taylor, Viney, O'Donnell under the auspices of PR, recruited well last year and so far bringing in Lamumba (spelling!) and Garlett are massive pluses if they live up to what they have shown previously. Imagine Garlett kicking 40 goals for us on the forward line and double taking with Jay - now that will be exciting. Of course we have Jesse to come back and be what we all expected this year, only he has 12 months to get bigger (if he could). Add in to this is Sam Frost who I believe will be another Dom Tyson. Delivery into the forward line will be so much better next year.

If that is not enough to make you renew, surely the knowledge that we have a ship now in safe waters because of Peter Jackson. Our Administration is stable and genuinely working well. Our Board is cohesive and working well behind the scene which is how it should be.

Lastly if you have been a financial member for 36 years how could you give up the emotional investment that you have made in the Club. Things have started to turn for our Club and wouldn't you want to be part of the ride.

I too have questioned the value of my premium membership in the past but like Song I am also thinking of increasing my support for the Club probably through player sponsorship. That is how comfortable I am with the Club where it is and where it is going,

Come on guys! I pay every year automatically, don't even give it a second thought. It is us people that keep the club going because we want it to continue. Every club has ups and downs, but you find out the true supporter when the going gets tough and you are down in the mire but once again the membership comes in and you pay! Bad times don't last forever. Grow some cojones, renew your membership and live in hope that the current administration is on the right track. I am supremely confident good times are around the corner, don't miss the ride!

Don't be such a sanctimonious [censored] ant Clit. I pay automatically also but I do demand the right to be critical of where my hard earned is going. If you like gripping your ankles every year that's fine but I wont.

Don't be such a sanctimonious [censored] ant Clit. I pay automatically also but I do demand the right to be critical of where my hard earned is going. If you like gripping your ankles every year that's fine but I wont.

You have lowered in my expectations BBO (will open a pandoras there I bet!)

Well I will pay up again. My husband gets his membership for Christmas and the two pooches get their pet membership. I will never lose hope.

• Like 2

Well I will pay up again. My husband gets his membership for Christmas and the two pooches get their pet membership. I will never lose hope.

Haven't you divorced that that filth supporting bas tard yet?

If you are are still married to him, at least make his life miserable!

• Like 1

Reason to: you are a Melbourne FC supporter.

Reason not to: you are not.

Pretty easy. Melbourne is my team. Regardless of their performance, they are my team. If I withdraw support when they struggle, what sort of supporter am I?

Melbourne do not have to demonstrate anything for me to choose that they are my team. I keep proving that I am a worthy member by paying my membership.

Each to their own. If you wish, there are easier teams to barrack for. They are not for me. I am not cut from the Mitch Clark "run away when it gets tough" school of life.

Last season, when we knocked off the Toigs and I was sitting at the city end- that moment paid for my membership.

I expect more. But please, Hawthorn or Sydney beckon. Or else you are a real supporter.

• Like 4

Well done jane02. Nice to see someone (other than me) has a bit of class on this site! As long as the pooches aren't Dogs supporters!

Get real FFS Moonie. This positive and optimistic [censored] comes up every year and ..come round 1 we turn to [censored]. I at least want us to train the house down before I make such predictions

You need to change your user name then.

How about Negative Nancy? We should do a poll to workshop this further...

I was having my doubts late last season - feel the cards are so stacked against us, it's all a big business, the power teams have got it sewn up, etc. Did my share of whinging on here.

Then Robbie died and I felt a little ashamed of my own negativity. Thinking about all the pleasure he gave me over the years, seeing those photos of him as a schoolboy, etc... So moving. Reminded me of why I love the game.

Don't expect to ever see a premiership, but have been a member for nearly twenty years and will be one until I drop off the perch.

• Like 2

I am not cut from the Mitch Clark "run away when it gets tough" school of life.

IMO this would be the last thing any one could say about us Dees supporters buck.

We would have to be the mentally toughest of any supporters going around considering the shite we have gone through.

• Like 1

Paid up today! Hope lives eternal that we will turn it around and this is the year.

http://t.co/KK4zpyAkxP

The same goes with your english.

Controversial.....http://t.co/KK4zpyAkxP

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 1