Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Poor fella.

It's not about where he plays, it's about whether he will ever play again.

Well...lets all look at the elephant in the room

Seems pretty clear what is going on. We realise Trengove's foot is done and we try to sell him to Richmond while he still has value. In the meantime we try to shop around our potential picks, see if anyone is interested (I very much doubt anyone was).

GNF what the hell is going on? You throw us round the bend on this stupid guessing game?

Feel for Trengove, has been dealt a really [censored] hand in life, and if we tried to shop around an injured player then the club has a lot to answer for too. Will only have burned our bridges with any future trades with Richmond.

Some serious thinking now required. It wont all be overly enjoyable I should imagine.

Seems pretty clear what is going on. We realise Trengove's foot is done and we try to sell him to Richmond while he still has value. In the meantime we try to shop around our potential picks, see if anyone is interested (I very much doubt anyone was).

GNF what the hell is going on? You throw us round the bend on this stupid guessing game?

Feel for Trengove, has been dealt a really [censored] hand in life, and if we tried to shop around an injured player then the club has a lot to answer for too. Will only have burned our bridges with any future trades with Richmond.

Dont think that was the case. Not sure but JT has some scans for Richmond and this was the result....

I dont think we burnt any bridges trying this . Kudos to the Toiges for the due diligence. Commiserations to Trengove. I dont think footy ( playing ) will feature largely going forward :(

I really do feel for JT.

So many setbacks, one final chance to get the body right and well, if not than this time next year we could be saying goodbye to him off an AFL List. I surely hope not, but it doesn't look good.

• Like 1

Dont think that was the case. Not sure but JT has some scans for Richmond and this was the result....

Of course they did, Richmond were doing their due diligence. I find it hard to believe we were shopping him around in confidence that his Navicular was all fixed up.

What would that be? Our medical staff from 2012 or AOD9064 from Dank??

The elephant is quite simply "Will Trengove ever play another AFL game" ? I doubt it

• Like 1

I hope this did not happen while MFC we're pushing him to run for the scum from Richmond just to get a extra draft pick.

• Like 1

This is starting to look like a Matthew Egan situation.

Poor bloke deserves so much better then this especially after the crap Neeld put him through.

Best wishes for your recover Jack, hope to see you in the red and blue again soon.

Nothing like the Egan situaation

Egan did his late in the season and he tried to come back for the grand final and totally stuffed it. JT has had a normal recovery and it just hasn't worked.

The elephant is quite simply "Will Trengove ever play another AFL game" ? I doubt it

The curse continues!

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

HALF FULL by KC from Casey

It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 32

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 320

GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!