• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bulldogs want pick 2 or 3

What

Does trading pick 2 or 3 really matter if we plan to trade one and keep the other? Bulldogs would only do the trade for Wright or McCartin. They aren't trading 2 to get Brayshaw. In either scenario both teams get what they want, but we get a better value trade (on paper) by giving them 2 instead of 3.

They just got a 2nd rounder for Higgins. Why not pick 2 for pick 6 and 26? No players involved, but we can on-trade 26 for another player.

Would 26 help dislodge Greenwood from Norf?

Would 26 help dislodge Greenwood from Norf?

Pretty good idea, seems about the right currency too.

I'm pretty certain Roos has the clout and has done the hard yards throughout the season tempting young players to come onboard. What he lacks is clearly the picks to make the trades happen. Any scenario where he can trade a pick for two picks would be very tempting, especially when your move down the draft order is minimal (eg. 2 becoming 6).

Don't forget, this also gives us pick 6 to trade as well (unless he decides to risk Brayshaw sliding that far, and trades off pick 3 elsewhere to another team searching for a key forward rather than a gun midfielder).

Edited by Lamashtu

I dont understand why people keep bringing up Hrovat. He is mediocre at best.They would need to offer something that actually makes it worthwhile.

Yeah, really mediocre.

A 2nd year player that can get 30 disposals in a 10 goal loss to Sydney is a real spud.

We'd be creaming our jocks if we had a 2nd year player produce that sort of game against a top side.

The only worry with Hrovat is that he's 174cm and a footballer rather than a Roos gut-runner. Not sure Viney, Toumpas, Stretch and Hrovat could all play together given the importance of big bodies in today's rolling maul.

Just looking through their list

if they wanna move to pick 2 it would take McRae, Bontempelli or Stringer with their pick 6

And we know they wont trade any of them

They might if we give them a player as well, like Watts

Interesting:

"That is a second-round pick and means it will be harder for them to use it in a package along with pick 5 to get Melbourne’s pick 2 to snare key talls Patrick McCartin or Peter Wright."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-is-confident-it-will-receive-pick-three-as-james-frawley-departs-for-hawthorn/story-fn69a32t-1227079537457

So the clubs were already discussing my idea above (trading pick 2 for Bulldogs 5/6 and their Higgins compo, now band 3 instead of band 2 as they'd hoped). So they got ~27 instead of ~21. Can see why that's put the deal on ice.

Edited by Lamashtu

Interesting:

"That is a second-round pick and means it will be harder for them to use it in a package along with pick 5 to get Melbourne’s pick 2 to snare key talls Patrick McCartin or Peter Wright."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-is-confident-it-will-receive-pick-three-as-james-frawley-departs-for-hawthorn/story-fn69a32t-1227079537457

So the clubs were already discussing my idea above (trading pick 2 for Bulldogs 5/6 and their Higgins compo, now band 3 instead of band 2 as they'd hoped). So they got ~27 instead of ~21. Can see why that's put the deal on ice.

pick 21 wouldnt have been enough to warrant us moving from pick 2 to 6 anyway (this is assuming they arent adding in a good player)

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 1

Yeah, really mediocre.

A 2nd year player that can get 30 disposals in a 10 goal loss to Sydney is a real spud.

We'd be creaming our jocks if we had a 2nd year player produce that sort of game against a top side.

The only worry with Hrovat is that he's 174cm and a footballer rather than a Roos gut-runner. Not sure Viney, Toumpas, Stretch and Hrovat could all play together given the importance of big bodies in today's rolling maul.

Its one game.What did he do for the rest of the year? He is small with no elite trait and has poor disposal. He is mediocre.

• Like 1

pick 21 wouldnt have been enough to warrant us moving from pick 2 to 6 anyway (this is assuming they arent adding in a good player)

Depends entirely on who Roos could recruit with pick 6 and pick 21. That's one very good pick and one good pick. If they were interested in coming, I could see that getting us Mitchell for 6 and another Bernie Vince type for 21.

Certainly better than going to the draft and getting one player only with 2.

Edited by Lamashtu

Hrovat destroyed Suns in Cairns in round 17. I saw the game and he is a player.

The Western Bulldogs' Nathan Hrovat is the round 17 AFL Rising Star nominee.

The 20-year-old kicked one goal and finished with a career-high 27 disposals in the Bulldogs’ 28-point win over Gold Coast in Cairns on Saturday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldog-nathan-hrovat-earns-rising-star-nomination-20140714-zt75w.html#ixzz3F5PU38zh

Surely sarcasm?

Griffen is still an awesome player and I'd definitely entertain a trade for 3 involving him and something else back.

No sarcasm there. An absolute waste giving away a top pick for a player that will only last another couple of years. Add to that, if its not Libba or Bont, NO DEAL!

• Like 1

Hrovat destroyed Suns in Cairns in round 17. I saw the game and he is a player.

The Western Bulldogs' Nathan Hrovat is the round 17 AFL Rising Star nominee.

The 20-year-old kicked one goal and finished with a career-high 27 disposals in the Bulldogs’ 28-point win over Gold Coast in Cairns on Saturday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldog-nathan-hrovat-earns-rising-star-nomination-20140714-zt75w.html#ixzz3F5PU38zh

Thanks. Didn't see that game but have watched him numerous times. I don't rate him.

• Like 2

Why would they trade an exciting young forward with enormous potential, just hitting his straps for another unproven forward with potential? They won't trade Stringer, Bomp, Libba, Wallis, McRae, Taylor, etc

Unfortunately, I can't see the dogs trading any of their young guns that we want as part of the deal. It's their senior players that are disgruntled with McCarthy and most likely to be traded, eg maybe Minson, Griffen.

I'd push hard for Stringer, I still reckon if used properly (as a mid) he will be the best player to come out of his draft year. At the moment he is being played as a makeshift forward. Think Ricciuto and you've got Stringer, a goal kicking mid who can play forward.

• Like 3

I dont understand why people keep bringing up Hrovat. He is mediocre at best.They would need to offer something that actually makes it worthwhile.

Agree.

Griffen has multiple injury issues as well and is turning 29 I think.

The offer for us should be a can't refuse offer or keep our picks.

I would be happy to take Brayshaw and Petracca or McCartin and believe we have done well. McCartin and Hogan could be our Roughy and Buddy for the next 10 years allowing us to concentrate most other picks and trades on mids over the next few years.

• Like 1

Roos had indicated that he's not going all youngsters in one of the draft camps clips though Red.

Reckon there's a lot more to play out here and for some reason Dangerfield just keeps cropping up.

Roos had indicated that he's not going all youngsters in one of the draft camps clips though Red.Reckon there's a lot more to play out here and for some reason Dangerfield just keeps cropping up.

Crows saying they will not trade Dangerfield. They believe they can resign him to a longer contract before end of next year.

Roos had indicated that he's not going all youngsters in one of the draft camps clips though Red.Reckon there's a lot more to play out here and for some reason Dangerfield just keeps cropping up.

I think Roos is just making sure he sells other teams on the idea that we're willing to trade, and even our early picks, so come one, come all, bring your offers to us.

• Like 1