Santas Wishlist

InVINCEable

If we can snare one superstar midfielder I would be happy.....Dangerfield, Mitchell,Beams or even Shiel.

I think Mitchell is the only realistic chance of that group and we would have to fight off Carlton. Mitchell is not a superstar either. He does have a background with Roos having lived with the Roos family.

Frawley to FREO as free agent; get pick 3 as compo

AFL gives MFC a priority pick at start of round 2 #21 but it must be traded

Trade pick 3 to GWS for Dylan Shiel

Trade pick 21 to Swans for Sam Reid

Mitch Clark to Pies for Heritier Lalabumba

Luke Tapscott to Crows for pick 46

Trade pick 46 to GWS for Sam Frost

Nev Jetta - rookie upgrade pick 77

Billy Stretch - pick 40 father son

Christian Petracca - pick 2

Corey Ellis - pick 23

Toby McLean - pick 56

mids - Shiel, Petracca, Ellis, Stretch

backs - Frost, Lalabumba, Jetta*

Fwds - Reid, Mclean

I think Mitchell is the only realistic chance of that group and we would have to fight off Carlton. Mitchell is not a superstar either. He does have a background with Roos having lived with the Roos family.

No surprise here, Carlton are chasing Mitchell, if he was to leave I'd prefer our chances.

Roo's or Malthouse? Not such a tough choice.

I want Mitchell for two reasons. He fits our needs and I think is get-able, and to stuff up Carlton . Win win.

I'd look at trading pick 3 and getting something extra in return for him.

Pick 2 I'd trade to a club that wants a forward for a player and a first round pick- maybe bulldogs. Or I'd take Brayshaw.

To see Hunt and Harmes make their senior debuts next year and look like they have what it takes.

Trengove and Toumpas to come back after a full pre-season and show the world why they were taken so high in the draft.

20 Games from Hogan.

To pull another deal like the one for Tyson during trade week (I'd like to get either Shiel or Treloar out of GWS).

Petracca or Brayshaw at pick 2, in that order of preference.

• Like 8

To see Hunt and Harmes make their senior debuts next year and look like they have what it takes.

Trengove and Toumpas to come back after a full pre-season and show the world why they were taken so high in the draft.

20 Games from Hogan.

To pull another deal like the one for Tyson during trade week (I'd like to get either Shiel or Treloar out of GWS).

I likes it

20 Games from Hogan.

We'll make you king for the day if that comes true RM. Hope so!

I'll try and keep this based on the names linked with Melbourne at the moment and not complete nonsense of a Blease/Strauss for Ablett variety. Here goes:

• Free agency commences with Frawley quickly signing for large dollars elsewhere. Melbourne enters Monday week's trading period with pick 3 as compensation.
  • Father-son bidding sees Melbourne take Billy Stretch with the bargain price of a third round pick. After the Frawley compensation pick, and Waite and Higgins netting their clubs second round picks, this pick becomes 42.
  • Melbourne pulls off its biggest coup in goodness knows how long by adding Patrick Dangerfield and pick 49 to Adelaide for Jimmy Toumpas, and picks 2, 23 and 60.
  • Roos waves his magic wand again and Melbourne lands Dylan Shiel from GWS along with Sam Frost for picks 3 and 49.
  • After Collingwood demands the universe for Heretier Lumumba for much of trade week, the clubs eventually agree upon the trade expected for weeks, with the Demons sending Mitch Clark to the Pies in a straight swap for Lumumba.
  • Melbourne takes James Gwilt as a delisted free agent
  • Melbourne enters the national draft with three picks - 42 (Stretch), 78 and 96 (Jetta upgrade)
  • Melbourne's list changes for 2015: OUT - Clark, Frawley, Toumpas, Blease, Tapscott, Strauss, Byrnes, Clisby, Nicholson. IN: Dangerfield, Shiel, Jetta (upgraded), Lumumba, Frost, Gwilt, Stretch, pick 78.

It's obviously pie in the sky getting Dangerfield AND Shiel, but this is Santa's wishlist we're talking about. How exciting would the lead-up to 2015 be if we were able to snare those two? The midfield all of a sudden starts to look ok, with some serious upside, the backline gets a bit of run, and there's still Hogan to return to the forwardline. Time to add the Grand Final guarantee to the membership package!

• Like 4

I'll try and keep this based on the names linked with Melbourne at the moment and not complete nonsense of a Blease/Strauss for Ablett variety. Here goes:

• Free agency commences with Frawley quickly signing for large dollars elsewhere. Melbourne enters Monday week's trading period with pick 3 as compensation.
  • Father-son bidding sees Melbourne take Billy Stretch with the bargain price of a third round pick. After the Frawley compensation pick, and Waite and Higgins netting their clubs second round picks, this pick becomes 42.
  • Melbourne pulls off its biggest coup in goodness knows how long by adding Patrick Dangerfield and pick 49 to Adelaide for Jimmy Toumpas, and picks 2, 23 and 60.
  • Roos waves his magic wand again and Melbourne lands Dylan Shiel from GWS along with Sam Frost for picks 3 and 49.
  • After Collingwood demands the universe for Heretier Lumumba for much of trade week, the clubs eventually agree upon the trade expected for weeks, with the Demons sending Mitch Clark to the Pies in a straight swap for Lumumba.
  • Melbourne takes James Gwilt as a delisted free agent
  • Melbourne enters the national draft with three picks - 42 (Stretch), 78 and 96 (Jetta upgrade)
  • Melbourne's list changes for 2015: OUT - Clark, Frawley, Toumpas, Blease, Tapscott, Strauss, Byrnes, Clisby, Nicholson. IN: Dangerfield, Shiel, Jetta (upgraded), Lumumba, Frost, Gwilt, Stretch, pick 78.
It's obviously pie in the sky getting Dangerfield AND Shiel, but this is Santa's wishlist we're talking about. How exciting would the lead-up to 2015 be if we were able to snare those two? The midfield all of a sudden starts to look ok, with some serious upside, the backline gets a bit of run, and there's still Hogan to return to the forwardline. Time to add the Grand Final guarantee to the membership package!
I reckon we're gonna need more mids than that, mate. I reckon we have to add three or four more. The likes of Matt Jones and Bail should be pushed out next year.

Would love to start with Dangerfield and Shiel though. ;)

• Like 1

20 Games from Hogan.

Tremendous package deal there. Completely satisfying and realistic enough to hope for without feeling dumb.

I'd just add securing Billy Stretch and Oscar McDonald. I'm sentimental that way.

Oh, and the Rainbow-Vajajay guy, because I just love names that are fun to say.

• Like 5