2014 Player Review - # 13 Jordie McKenzie

Demonland

McKenzie had an average season after holding a leadership role at the club and will have to work hard to cement a regular role in the senior team in the future. Disposal by foot remains an issue.

Games MFC 2014 9

Career Total 78

Goals MFC 2014 0

Career Total 10

Games CSFC 2014 8

Goals CSFC 2014 3

Keith "Bluey" Truscott Memorial Trophy 49 votes

Played the best game of his career in our win against Essendon, then proceeded to do stuff all again for the rest of the year. Seriously, he was involved in practically all of our second half goals in that game. If he could bring that sort of attacking link-up play into his game, he could be a player for us yet.

• Like 1

Played the best game of his career in our win against Essendon, then proceeded to do stuff all again for the rest of the year. Seriously, he was involved in practically all of our second half goals in that game. If he could bring that sort of attacking link-up play into his game, he could be a player for us yet.

definitely was great that night but that was about all she wrote for the year

Could end up on the trade table.

They'll cope

• Like 1

Ah care to quote the Ablett stats from that day Dazzler?? And Stanton? IMV he is "just" a player!

The year he won the brownlow which was last year it was the only game where he had below 22 disposals. He had 19 disposals for the night 2 tackles and a goal. A standout performance from McKenzie

Well according to Paul Roos he is obviously more then just a play if he assigned him to Stanton.

Again posting worthless rubbish without knowing the facts.

Sadly a one trick pony for mine and that trick is no longer good enough,

Can't do his primary role which is stopping a gun player. And if he can't do that then I fear the game has passed Jordie by

An AFL player needs to be able to have good skills besides being able 2 play a negative role. He is 2 one dimensional not sure how he made it onto our list.

Jordie knows what he has to do and I think he'll have another year to do it. Meanwhile he'll be depth, called up when a strong tag is required. I think others will overtake him next year and that will be that, but I'd love to be wrong.

Jordie's commitment and endeavor has always made him one of my favourites, but sadly he lacks the skills and finish to hold a place in a team going, or hoping to go, forward.

It is a bloody disgrace that there are quite a few listed players whose application isn't anywhere near Jordie's: if all did, we would be a far far more successful team.

• Like 1

One of a myriad of players in our side who simply cannot kick the football.

We have recruited a succession of softies who supposedly have great skills but can't make it in afl as they're terrified and a bunch of honest triers who can't make it in afl as they're hopelessly inept.

McKenzie definitely falls in the latter category.

A real battler who tries his guts out , BUT lacks the following:

* Speed

* Height to play as a defensive tagger if his on -baller pushed forward

* Ability to kick on his left foot

* Ability to kick on his right foot

* Elite decision making

* No sidestep of evasive skills

This contract will be his last - another failure

• Like 1

Breaks my heart. Had two really creditable season early on and was looking like being a legitimate long-term 'meat and potatoes' player to fill out the list and have a happy fulfilling career.

Worked hard without fuss, and was one of the top tacklers in the competition. Also a committed

One of my personal favourite football moments was a pair of tackles he laid. Brought one guy to ground, the ball spilled out on the other side and was swooped up by another opponent. Jordie turned his 'getting back up' motion into a 'leap from a crouching start', actually throwing himself at full horizontal OVER the still-flat first guy he tackled, and laid a tackle square into the hips of opponent number 2.

It was a thrill, and it made me think that at last that 'desperate edge' was finding expression in the Demons.

But now... he's looking decidedly fringe and may well be delisted. I'm seriously hoping not, because when in form he can be a real contributed and can show the way when it comes to really committed play.

• Like 1

One of my personal favourite football moments was a pair of tackles he laid. Brought one guy to ground, the ball spilled out on the other side and was swooped up by another opponent. Jordie turned his 'getting back up' motion into a 'leap from a crouching start', actually throwing himself at full horizontal OVER the still-flat first guy he tackled, and laid a tackle square into the hips of opponent number 2.

yep, remember that. it was so exciting to have a player who attacked like that.

but unfortunately that side of his game seems to have fallen away in the last couple of seasons and his disposal is just so, so bad.

Jordie's commitment and endeavor has always made him one of my favourites, but sadly he lacks the skills and finish to hold a place in a team going, or hoping to go, forward.

It is a bloody disgrace that there are quite a few listed players whose application isn't anywhere near Jordie's: if all did, we would be a far far more successful team.

Agree. What is also disgraceful is the posters here who kick him like he was one of our far too many 'highly skilled' but no heart footballers.

(not a go at you Mono - just a general observation)

Jordie might not have the skills to make it into next season and beyond, but he'll never look back at his career and say 'Geez, if only I'd tried harder...'

If D'landers want to put on the steel caps and kick someone then pick blokes that coast on talent rather than a G&D trier that always brings his best to the table.

But, hey, like every other player on the list he's struggled with 28 coaches, 192 assistent coaches and a rudderless club, so I guess bagging someone that tries his guts out each game is fair.