• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Wow, so despite the mania of last nights thread, Joey Kennedy is still a rumour.

Partyboy, any idea (should the rumour be true) what we're offering... are we no longer in to Brayshaw?

EDIT: Let me add that I was an early sceptic last night.. alas, the persistence of this rumour engages me.

I listened very closely to the Josh Mahoney interview where he was asked whether the Kennedy trade was legit. His answer was brisk and quick where he replied 'we will not be trading picks 2 and 3'.

2 AND 3 was all that stuck with me. It's the second language of the AFL, the ability to say something with saying it. If he wanted to squash the rumour he could've said we won't be trading 2 or 3... He didn't.

If our trade goes through, it'll be for one of them and an extra pick. I think it's just about trying to find the extra pick now.

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 3

From what I recall PartyBoy like Chook in Perth is a reliable poster so let's see where this goes. Maybe nowhere but bloody hell something has to happen soon (and I don't just mean with us, despite all the scuttlebutt a surprising lack of trades over the last week)

• Like 2

Mahoney says no way to Ralph last night and reiterates us using 2 and 3 in draft and it keeps going.

Mahoney: "Oh you want to talk to us about Kennedy, sorry I told Ralphy we are using 2 and 3 so we aren't interested."

I will now go and stand in the naughty corner as well.

• Like 1

I listened very closely to the Josh Mahoney interview where he was asked whether the Kennedy trade was legit. His answer was brisk and quick where he replied 'we will not be trading picks 2 and 3'.

2 AND 3 was all that stuck with me. It's the second language of the AFL, the ability to say something with saying it. If he wanted to squash the rumour he could've said we won't be trading 2 or 3... He didn't.

If our trade goes through, it'll be for one of them and an extra pick. I think it's just about trying to find the extra pick now.

I like this , not for the reason that it suggests the trade is a goer ( it could be , it may not be ) .. I like it because you have nicely hit upon the "language" of footy and especially around this time of year is all about the exceptionally careful and crafty choices of words. Its very 'pollie' like in nature..get asked about A...reply about B.

Quite fascinating to observe

The Kennedy situation isn't too dissimilar to Beams.

Some Family reasons to come home and a substantial contract on the table.

• Like 3

If the info on Roos mentoring Brayshaw all year is true, I think we can conclude that we had decided to draft him a long time ago and hence 2, or possibly 3, was never going to be traded.

It might have been the case that the JT deal was to secure another draft pick, not a player swap.

Then again some on here have said that Roos said he didn't want too many youngsters in this year, as he was looking for an immediate improvement.

HL and Garlett add experience and Frost has some and is a litttle older than a young draftee.

Billy has played senior footy and Hogan is a strapping lad who will cope.

Brayshaw is not a slight kid nor are Petracca and McCartin. Kent, Salem, JKH and Toumpas are another season along.

I think we might add a delisted player as well.

So that is what the list committee are looking at.

If no suitable trades have been put up in addition to the ones done, that is our position.

I would still have a nibble at Merrett and hope Lions would take a late pick from us or a Blease, Strauss, Tapscott. I think Merrett's experience and aggression would be invaluable for a couple of years. I think Lions would be happy to free up salary cap space now with Beams and Christensen added to their list.

Personally I would like us to secure Frost now so we have that PSD option later if it becomes usable with a player not coming to terms with his club later on. Still holding out hope that MC deal gives us a pick to get Frost. If saints get Membrey in trade they could snap up Frost if he is best available. With our luck anything can happen.

• Like 3

My take on the Kennedy deal is that Sydney were hoping for picks 3 &12. That fell through so they went for 2&3, which we have categorically said no too. We would've turned around and said it's 3&23 or nothing, and they are now deciding. I've got a feeling their main reason for wanting to do this is cap space with the COLA being fazed out.

Here's hoping a deal can get done!

• Like 6

I like this , not for the reason that it suggests the trade is a goer ( it could be , it may not be ) .. I like it because you have nicely hit upon the "language" of footy and especially around this time of year is all about the exceptionally careful and crafty choices of words. Its very 'pollie' like in nature..get asked about A...reply about B.

Quite fascinating to observe

It is interesting, but it suggests that you know the exact question that is coming and craft the clever response.

The other alternative is that Mahoney is quick on his feet and articulate.

Another alternative is that he has simply told the truth.

The beauty of it is, that in this trade period I have come to realise, that without good info, which I have had in the past, I haven't got a clue waht is happening behind the scenes.

Of course, but now we're viewed along the lines of bomberblitz. It's not a compliment.

*I would be very funny though if the trade actually happened

I reckon Bomberblitz will ALWAYS be viewed differently to us :rolleyes: They're....speesssshhhhllllllll !!!!!!!

a) It is interesting, but it suggests that you know the exact question that is coming and craft the clever response.

b) The other alternative is that Mahoney is quick on his feet and articulate.

c) Another alternative is that he has simply told the truth.

The beauty of it is, that in this trade period I have come to realise, that without good info, which I have had in the past, I haven't got a clue waht is happening behind the scenes.

Red, in reality a, b and c need not be mutually exclusive !!

He might well know the typical questions he will be asked, he s most likely quick of mind and he needn't lie to answer in that fashion. As noted elsewhere if 2 AND 3 arent being used together then his answers are all bone fide :)

My take on the Kennedy deal is that Sydney were hoping for picks 3 &12. That fell through so they went for 2&3, which we have categorically said no too. We would've turned around and said it's 3&23 or nothing, and they are now deciding. I've got a feeling their main reason for wanting to do this is cap space with the COLA being fazed out.

Seems reasonable.

Logical reasoning, I like it.

I had a dream last night we'd traded pick 2 to Brisbane who desperately needed a key forward now they've gone from a C grade to an A grade midfield in one trade period. The reason no trades had happened thus far was they didn't want Collingwood to demand picks 2 and 5 for Beams, so they waited until that deal was done until pushing through the trade with us.

In exchange they gave us Aish, who we then offered to Adelaide with pick 12 for Dangerfield.

Clearly when you dream about trade scenarios, it's a sure sign you need book an appointment with your shrink.

• Like 3