Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Will we get "blindsided" again?

or we might be doing the blindsiding !!!

How much cap room do the pies have? Beams would be on a decent chunk of change but Danger would want a big deal to move prior to his RFA status next season. I can't see too many clubs having the cap room we have. I think pick #2 and swapping later picks (ie our 3rd for their 4th) gets the deal done. Important to note that Lumumba would be on a decent wage and his incoming salary may reduce what we can offer Danger. Lumumba coming here frees up more cap space for the pies. Danger being on the table may affect the Mitch Clark and Lumumba deals.

Pies aren't the drawing card they used to be, I mean they're doing better than us currently but they are far from a top 4 team and they didn't even make finals this year.

Could be a case of Roos then Goodwin vs Buckley in the end.

We have enough positives to feed him- Hoges, Tyson, Viney, coming through etc. We can pay him the most- he can legitimately say he wants to be part of building something new (150 year old club) so we still have our positives

... Important to note that Lumumba would be on a decent wage and his incoming salary may reduce what we can offer Danger. Lumumba coming here frees up more cap space for the pies. Danger being on the table may affect the Mitch Clark and Lumumba deals.

Would have thought their 2015 salary offers would be about the same. Which would leave us ahead, as we'd be paying HL less than we paid MC.

See your point tho'

I think it is because we are Demons supporters that we are so persistent with holding on to false hope in this thread. Dangerfield will not be coming to MFC. Let's say, the equalisation debate is about to get worse.

I'm happy with the players we will sign in the trade period.

• Like 2

I think it is because we are Demons supporters that we are so persistent with holding on to false hope in this thread. Dangerfield will not be coming to MFC. Let's say, the equalisation debate is about to get worse.

Interesting debut post.

• Like 4

I can imagine that somehow he will end up at the Cats. How? Got no idea.

Who have you heard that we will be signing in the trade period?

• Like 1

We've spoken to Dangerfield and basically offered him an open check book.

Sadly, he just doesn't want to come to MFC.

The End

So the open cheque book Partyboy talks of isn't enough to convince young Patrick's as GNF talks about. Seems to me they are both right! Both have high believability in my book.

• Like 4

Paul Roos said we haven't offered him anything?

I think he said we haven't 'officially offered him a contract' but we could still be trying to convince him (as per GNF) with an open cheque book (as per Partyboy). Not looking promising.

We've spoken to Dangerfield and basically offered him an open check book.

Sadly, he just doesn't want to come to MFC.

The End

U can't take pot shots at party boy cause he has said something which is from his source that we don't want to hear.

In GNFs post it says something like "we need still to convince Danger to come to us".

IMO it's a long way from being completed if at all.

At the end of the day we will know which source is correct.

Based on all informative posts above I am thinking Danger won't come to us but if he does it will be a nice suprise.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

Roos would make a great politician.

Spot on. Never says anything he doesn't want people to hear. Often answers a question with an answer that has little or nothing to do with the question.

E.g. Q: (Robbo AFL360) "Do you want Mitch Clark at Melbourne next year"

A : Well, it's all about his health............"

He is a genius

• Like 2

Party boy, who are you getting your info from?

We know who GNF gets his from.

In this particular thread, the horses mouth.

"I do enjoy the irony that GNF is lauded as a God around here (and rightly so, I love him too, ha ha!) because he brings good news... but the moment you bring some bad news to the table it's automatically brushed off completely and there is no facts in it."

No.

I simply don't believe in people who talk with such arrogance.

Edited by Milesh

Welcome True.

And who are the players we're going to sign?

Let me guess...