Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

A concern the crows have is with the two years they missed from the draft they were worried about creating an age gap, a few high draft picks could fix that right up

I might be biased but seems like a very high price to pay. Would hope they would send their first rounder back to us if that eventuated.

Danger, Pick 10 --> Demons

Pick 2&3 --> Crows

Depends how the crows sees this draft really and if pick 3 is any better than pick 10. It's probably too far weighted in our favour actually. Maybe give them our second rounder as well.

IN: Danger, Pick 10,

OUT: Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 21

Hmmm, still don't think they would be happy. I just want to see us still have a selection in the 1st rounder to keep bringing in quality young talent.

I'd be happy with:

In: Dangerfield, Pick 10, Lyons

Out: Pick 2, Pick 3, Tapscott + a sweetener i.e. Blease or steak knifes?

Think if we could hold on to pick 10 and 21 and Billy Stretch at 3rd rounder then we are still in a good position for the draft.

It's a little bit like deal or no deal, the bank offer is pick 2 and Toumpas which doesn't seem that great at the time for a proven superstar, but if they take the chance the compo may only be something like pick 13 next year if he leaves as a free agent.

• Like 1

I have no idea what Roosy is prepared to offer Adelaide for Danger, but I would have thought that he would have wanted to keep pick 2 or 3 for a gun midfielder. It is the midfield that needs urgent attention. We need another Tyson as well.

Then again maybe we are getting a PP, maybe their is confidence in landing Mitchell or another young mid with a second round pick that could help ease the strain on our midfield........ there are so many possibilities it is hard to know what is going on.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 1

I have no idea what Roosy is prepared to offer Adelaide for Danger, but I would have thought that he would have wanted to keep pick 2 or 3 for a gun midfielder. It is the midfield that needs urgent attention. We need another Tyson as well.

The again maybe we are getting a PP, maybe their is confidence in landing Mitchell or another young mid with a second round pick that could help ease the strain on our midfield........ there are so many possibilities it is hard to know what is going on.

I reckon a pick and a player is probably fair anyway, I really think two top picks is overs unless we got their pick 9 back as well

Brayshaw, Dangerfield and Mitchell being added to our side, now there is a dream outcome.

• Like 5

............. or is Danger considered a midfielder? or is pick 10 in exchange enough to secure the midfielder Roos wants?

Danger is a goal kicking, match winning midfielder.

He's exactly what we need. Speed, kicking ability, smarts.

Inside mids are much easier to get with lower picks, or trades, than quality midfielders who can play inside and outside and kick goals.

Plus I think Trengove should be played as an inside mid, which helps us somewhat with getting more clearance power.

• Like 2

Then again maybe we are getting a PP, maybe their is confidence in landing Mitchell or another young mid with a second round pick that could help ease the strain on our midfield........ there are so many possibilities it is hard to know what is going on.

I was going to correct you but you did yourself in your follow-up comment.

Dangerfield is exactly the kind of midfielder we'd be hoping to draft with picks 2 or 3.

I was going to correct you but you did yourself in your follow-up comment.

Dangerfield is exactly the kind of midfielder we'd be hoping to draft with picks 2 or 3.

Yes but i agree with GNF, Roos will not want to give up pick 3. Pick 2, and (i hate to say it) the Toump plus steak knives (blease, tappy) would get the deal done.

The issue of not having a big gap in age range is a big one for the crows (as the dees can attest to). Pick 2 and the toump (who is a proud Adelaide boy and would no doubt love being close to his apparently very supportive family) would be better than two picks from this years draft (eg 2 and our second rounder).

The other live issue is Danger leaving end of next year. If the crows make the finals they'll only get around pick 10 for him and the issue of the age bubble will not be addressed.

I would love to see Danger in red and blue. One of my favorite players. If we got him we'd snare him until the end of his career. We'll offer him big, big dollars and a 6-7 year contract i reckon.

wasn't it stated that Roos did the Tyson deal on the philosophy that giving up pick 2 for 9 was no big deal cos we would get a similar player or even THE player anyway

I think he said words to that effect.. wonder if the same thing will be done this year.. 2+3 for an established gun plus a mid-round pick

wasn't it stated that Roos did the Tyson deal on the philosophy that giving up pick 2 for 9 was no big deal cos we would get a similar player or even THE player anyway

I think he said words to that effect.. wonder if the same thing will be done this year.. 2+3 for an established gun plus a mid-round pick

Or get established gun with pick 3 and extras and swap 3 for a mid to late first rounder (eg pick 12) and a plug and play young mid.

Use the pick 12 for a mid and suddenly we have a gun mid, a mid with 40ish games (and a couple of AFL pre-seasons) under their belt and a young up and comer mid.

Two draft picks net 3 quality mids and helps age spread. Too easy.

i will be stunned if the deal could get done for pick 2 plus anyone from our list. Dangerfield is in the top 5 players in the league. He is a proven A grader who can win a game off his own boot.

Players like that are priceless... Adelaide knows that and just about every team in the comp would be desperate to sign the bloke

i will be stunned if the deal could get done for pick 2 plus anyone from our list. Dangerfield is in the top 5 players in the league. He is a proven A grader who can win a game off his own boot.

Players like that are priceless... Adelaide knows that and just about every team in the comp would be desperate to sign the bloke

Of course BBB. But what if he has told them he is off back to Victoria end of next year? The won't want to lose him for pick 10ish. This way he can help the club get a better deal.

Well realistically, his manager could easily be playing us to get him a better deal from the Crows. Sloane, Tex and Danger will all be getting $1m offers from interstate clubs.

Brodie Smith is one I would love to offer big dollars to when he is out of contract

Well realistically, his manager could easily be playing us to get him a better deal from the Crows. Sloane, Tex and Danger will all be getting $1m offers from interstate clubs.

I think that is probably about right. But you just never know what will fall out of the tree.

We really have nothing to lose and a fair bit to gain by having a go.

• Like 1

that's true, but I seriously doubt the crows could pay them and match the rumoured 7 year deal, if Danger is open to move his manager will encourage the best possible deal for him

Roos has already met with Dangerfield. Even rang his parents and put forward to them why he would like Paddy at the Dees. His old man was blown away by Roosy and would have no problem with him at all joining the dees, In fact he was rapt. End of the day its all up to Patrick with the final decision.

• Like 15