Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Hey there Chook. It seems like the west is unbelievably quiet on the trade front. As you are from Perth, have you heard anything? Are they playing possum just waiting to pounce or are they all on holidays?

Its been so quiet I wondered whether our 'next stop' might be WA to offload pick 2 or 3 for one of those superstar mids at

dockers/eagles...afterall Ross is absolutely desparate for a forward. Would be happy to take one of his lads or two with a pick or two thrown in...any chance?

All my footy related contacts are in Melbourne. Couldn't care less about the Franchise or the Wanchors.

• Like 3

Hey there Chook. It seems like the west is unbelievably quiet on the trade front. As you are from Perth, have you heard anything? Are they playing possum just waiting to pounce or are they all on holidays?

Its been so quiet I wondered whether our 'next stop' might be WA to offload pick 2 or 3 for one of those superstar mids at

dockers/eagles...afterall Ross is absolutely desparate for a forward. Would be happy to take one of his lads or two with a pick or two thrown in...any chance?

Michael Apeness is going to be a good forward and will take a little bit more time, Mcartin and Wright don't offer Freo what they want. Dockers are sitting quiet and don't really have a lot to give after a howler of a choice two years ago to take Simpson when Grundy was there to groom after Sandialnds moves on. I have heard they are quite keen on Sam Reid

Meth Coast certainly don't need forwards and the word from them is they are happy to head to the draft and get some leg speed, so pencil in Pickett if Adelaide don't take him

• Like 1

Can we fix the time please?

whats wrong with it

That would be an awesome result for us.

We'd definitely have the makings of a great young midfield with those two, plus our current crop of Viney, Tyson, JKH, Kent, Riley, Michie, Trengove and Toumpas.

We might run the risk of becoming another GWS-like pillaging ground with an embarrassment of young talented riches.

Please let it be so. (The last bit)

Can we go back to a simpler time.

When the Captain of a club was not a street hooker.

When a written contract was worth something and was cemented by a hand shake.

This players union is more mercenary than the AMA.

Sack em all and bring in SCABS who want to play for the jumpers.

Screw these deluded pros.

• Like 1

Can we fix the time please?

If you click on your username at the top of the page and select "My Settings", deselect "Automatically detect when my timezone is in DST" and select "My timezone is currently in DST" (and then save changes) it should fix the problem.

• Like 1

If you click on your username at the top of the page and select "My Settings", deselect "Automatically detect when my timezone is in DST" and select "My timezone is currently in DST" (and then save changes) it should fix the problem.

Thanks Jacks. Fixed.

• Like 2

I don't have any more mail on this, but I suspect the answer is no. We went hard - picks 2 and 3 for Adelaide, highest paid player in the league for Danger.

But he had to want to do it. I can't see how he can do that interview yesterday and jump ship today. There will be no official announcement because there's nothing to announce.

Onwards and upwards. Next stop - Breakfast Point

I'm not giving up until the trade period ends.

• Like 2

As great as it would have been to sign danger, even though we still might, personally i am pretty happy to just take picks 2&3 to the draft and back the development of these players, there are a few potential A graders on the list now, i'd rather see us develop our own superstars than throw absolutely everything at Danger and have him need a knee reco or something round 4 next year, knowing our luck that's exactly what would happen.

• Like 2

As great as it would have been to sign danger, even though we still might, personally i am pretty happy to just take picks 2&3 to the draft and back the development of these players, there are a few potential A graders on the list now, i'd rather see us develop our own superstars than throw absolutely everything at Danger and have him need a knee reco or something round 4 next year, knowing our luck that's exactly what would happen.

It's romantic in theory, this idea of developing your own superstars.

But sadly I think this trade period should make every single MFC supporter very nervous about the state of the game and the choices of players. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and players are leaving clubs at the drop of a hat to pursue success.

Our home grown superstars will be out the door and headed to Hawthorn/Geelong/Collingwood/Port at the first opportunity if we don't improve fast. So while drafting 18 year olds seems great in theory, 18 year olds don't win you games of footy. And unless we get that winning culture in Roos' second year, I don't think he'll have much pulling power to get better players through our doors with only one year left in his tenure.

• Like 2

it doesn't rotate forwards or backwards d-l, it just rotates

in space there is no forwards or backwards

only robbie could rotate in either direction :)

so Nth isn't the top DC ? So who decided east was east, & sth should be sth.

you don't think they can change their minds? ^_^