Training - Friday 15th August, 2014

Satyriconhome

First, spoke to Jesse Hogan, don't know what they have been doing, but he is in magnificent shape, complimented him and he said he was feeling great, looking forward to playing, expects to play about 80 minutes.

Spoke to Dom Tyson, despite everything, said he had really enjoyed his first year with Melbourne, looking forward to getting a decent pre season under his belt, said he, Riley, Toumpas, Viney and Salem will really benefit if they can all get through it together. Asked him how he gets free at stoppages to kick those goals he gets, he thinks because they don't pay him enough respect at the moment and that Nathan Jones, who he couldn't speak highly enough of, gets all the attentiion, doesn't expect it to last if he keeps kicking them.

Spoke to one of the forgotten ones in Jayden Hunt, he said he has been really disappointed to be crippled with an injury in his first year, when you need to make an impression, has got him down a bit, but the coaches and fitness staff are constantly in his ear encouraging and making sure he just knuckles down and does what he has to do, looking at being cherry ripe for pre season....similar injury to Jesse Hogan, but more impact coz Jayden is a slighter build at the moment.

Spoke to Nev (of course) looking forward to the next two years, in Nev speak "play my role, keep it simple and do the job", thinks he will line up on Devon Smith this week, another good challenge as he put it, already has game face on.

Spoke to Christian Salem about what was the real reason for Tony Pulis' sudden departure from Crystal Palace two days out from the start of the Premier League season.

And Brad Miller was taking part in the some of the kicking drills this morning, dropped a sitter right in front of me, I had a good natured go at him, told me the ball was wet (which it was) and let me live.

As per the norm, any questions, feel free.

• Like 19

Saty did you speak to Frawley re: his intentions for next year?

I did last week, as I said, if he has made up his mind, he is a either a bloody good liar, or I have lost the ability to pick it, only time will tell, he reiterated he still hadn't decided

His rapport with the rest of the team, his voice at training, his training standards are the same as they have always been, he still bounces around like he always has

He even joined in the soccer banter I was having with Christian Salem, as he supports Tottenham

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Hey Saty, I dont suppose you have had a chance to have a talk with Trenners. If so how is he tracking and does it look likely we will get the Trenners from a few years back? H

He wasn't outside, was told he was inside along with Spencer..decided to edit another bit in........think Misson is a big fan of the anti-gravity treadmill they have, getting the player to exercise with more body weight added gradually, assume apart from weights this is what Trengove will be playing with

Edited by Satyriconhome

Hats off to you Saty - we're at the ar*e-end of another crap season and you're still going to training and providing reports in mid-August, when most of the rest of us have switched off. That's nothing if not dedication.

For the benefit of the interstaters and overseas, unlike us spoilt supporters who live 15 minutes walk from the G and 20 from Goschs

........beautiful sunny morning, coffee first at AAMI park, watch training, have a chat to some nice young guys, (forgot) shake Roos' hand and thank him for getting Nev up and running again, strolled from Gosch's to the City, along the river, stopping for yet another coffee at that cool place under the footbridge at Southbank......then typing this....what's not to like

• Like 4

Hats off to you Saty - we're at the ar*e-end of another crap season and you're still going to training and providing reports in mid-August, when most of the rest of us have switched off. That's nothing if not dedication.

I think you have the wrong idea about Melbourne supporters.

I for one have been to the snow the last 5 weeks, going up again tomorrow, I still watch the replay when we win. Haven't seen much lately, that Neitz is a cracker isn't he. Must be off, traffic is hell on Friday on Buller Road, toodle pip.

• Like 1

For the benefit of the interstaters and overseas, unlike us spoilt supporters who live 15 minutes walk from the G and 20 from Goschs

........beautiful sunny morning, coffee first at AAMI park, watch training, have a chat to some nice young guys, (forgot) shake Roos' hand and thank him for getting Nev up and running again, strolled from Gosch's to the City, along the river, stopping for yet another coffee at that cool place under the footbridge at Southbank......then typing this....what's not to like

Hi Saty. Thank you for your efforts to date. I am wanting to know your thoughts on who can be developed rather than delisted.

Roos has only had the group for 20 games, so whilst posters are screaming drop the duds etc. Who do you feel has the ability to improve over the preseason?

Cheers

Shane

And thoroughly appreciated out here in the provinces.

Disturbing information about Chip and Tottenham though.

Always greatly appreciated Saty. 650 kms is just too far for me to make it to the Paddock.

Salem, Barry, Riley or Matt Jones the sub do you think Saty? Surely you got that out of them!

And how is Pedo going with his nose plastered back on to his face? I expect him to tear it up in the VFL.

Fitzy, Hogan and Pedo, that's a proper VFL forward line! Shame one of them will have to be in the ruck most of the time.