Changes vs Hawthorn

Nasher

I am an incurable optimist (and I like it that way, believe it or not :lol:), but I think there is a case to make that we will be better this week. Our finest hours this season (precious few though they have been :wacko:) have come when we have nothing to lose --- both games in Adelaide, the last 2 minutes of the Essendon game, the win over Carlton. Conversely, our most face-palm-worthy moments have been like yesterday, when we could have and should have won, but instead kicked ourselves in the nuts. Perhaps that only shows that not all is right between the ears of our players ... (and others would say this poster has the same problem :)).

Maybe it is just that I am really looking forward to the day when we finally beat those brown and gold @$@$@%^&$@s, and I want to be there to sing the song when we do!

we are paying 8.50 we should be paying 100.00

• Like 1

Gunston not to play - Can Dunn and McDonald handle Roughhead and McEvoy/Hale or perhaps is this a week to have Frawley back.

If Frawley does go back does that mean one of Gawn or Fitzpatrick will come in?

I don't get the fascination with Strauss. He has never shown a thing. Inept loose defender who seems to panic with the ball.

Agreed

The reason his name keeps popping up is simply because he was a first round draft pick and we have a good 8-10 spots in the 22 occupied by spuds who have to replaced ASAP

Unfortunately though he is just another one

• Like 2

In - Cross, Michie and Gawn

Out - do not mind

I would support these changes but what I don't want to see is the low game players being blamed and dropped when we get pumped. After the Eagles game the two players dropped were Toumpas (14 (?) career games and Michie (2.5 career games). We got smashed by 90 odd points and these two were dumped indicating they were the most responsible for the loss.

Mission says Jesse Hogan is ready to play and it's up to him if he does or not this year.

perhaps a game at Casey this week and playing the last few would be the way to go?

I will chat to my best mate and see if I can get some inside info

Mission says Jesse Hogan is ready to play and it's up to him if he does or not this year.

perhaps a game at Casey this week and playing the last few would be the way to go?

Debut in front of family and friends at Patersons would be nice

Debut in front of family and friends at Patersons would be nice

I agree, I reckon Roosy will be keen for him to play against the Giants also, another good win and some momentum going into a massive pre season would be great

just dream with me for a second.. Hogan debuts against GWS and kicks 8 as we win by 60

It is not that unrealistic, this kid is scary good

Out

• Pedersen (broken Nose)
  • Tapscott(Knee, not on injury report but 2nd time he has hobbled off in 2 games)
  • Terlich (Poor decisions/disposals from back line)
  • McKenzie (if you're a tagger and don't stop your player and also miss goal from 12m out, what good are you?)

In

• Cross (one of the few professional footballers on our list)
  • Gawn (Dominating VFL ruckman)
  • Strauss (based on VFL player reports has been in best over the last 3-4 games)
  • Michie (Same as Strauss)

I would like to see Salem come in but he has not been playing well at VFL level, probably getting tired in his first season, Roos has not been rewarding average VFL games with AFL games.

Blease to be the sub as he didn't have a great game but he was playing mainly half forward and the ball was butchered when players tried to get him the ball on the outside to use his speed.

Watts also very lucky to stay after another poor effort

• Like 1

How did Michie and Struass do in the VFL?

If I was not a techno dinosaur I would copy the link. Report on the MFC website is positive.

James Strauss: Straussy had 19 disposals, two tackles, one missed tackle, zero fumbles and he played across half-back. Although he didn’t win as much of the ball as he has in the previous month – he had 19 disposals – we felt he had a solid impact on the game. He breaks the lines with his run and carry and again showed plenty of dash. He has a great kick and he has been really damaging in this area in the past month. Still, Straussy will need to tidy up his defensive game, as he can still trail in through a lack of concentration at times.

Viv Michie: Viv had 26 disposals, two tackles, zero missed tackles and zero fumbles. He played inside mid and half-forward. Viv had a terrific game this week. He won a lot of the ball and linked up really well with Maxy Gawn’s dominance in the ruck. His ability to win the ball around the contest really stood out and he’s worked really hard to tidy up his defensive transition, which has definitely improved. Viv had eight inside 50s, which is another really pleasing aspect of his game, as we’re getting a lot of advantage from him in this area.

• Like 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doiubt he will play vs GWS though, thats only 12 days away and you would think hed need a couple of weeks at Casey

Gawn and Jamar need to rotate between ruck and ff. Need to keep a small crumbing player near them all day. this will hopefully take some of the pressure of dawes, Watts in the half forward line to help deliver the ball into the 50. I personally like frawley up forward as he does seem to mark well and kicks a few goals now and then which is something we are remarkably short on. he also seems to make less mistakes there and any turnovers from poor kicking are usually out of bounds or points. Bring in Michie, Georgio and cross or Matt jones for his last chance to impress. out Tappy, Blease, Mckenzie, Terlich

Watts must be a chance to play at Casey this week. He was shocking on the weekend. Not sure why he trained in the midfield group all summer not to play in there. Put him in the centre and give him a job on someone all day. Needs a couple of big game I think if he wants to be with Melbourne in the future.