On good authority/ The "good" mail....

Darbsy

Not that it's incredibly relevant to this particular post but we all heard rumours that Tom Rockliff was tempted by Roos to come back to Melbourne for bulk cash. From the mouth of his manager they are absolutely rubbish and Tom would never play for Melbourne as he was told he'd 'certainly' be drafted by us if he was available at our last pick in the National Draft. We overlooked him, and than again in the Pre-Season after that and he said Tom, a country lad, holds a real grudge for us reneging on our word.

This sucks. Seems that very similar representations were made by the club to Rory Sloan, only for him to be overlooked and then recruited by the Crows.

What the hell was the club doing during those years?! No wonder we were a complete basket case before Roos/PJ.

I wonder if we could get Stef Martin back ...

• Like 3

No sources are ever to be taken as fact. Franklin going to Sydney last year was the perfect example of how smoke and mirrors could take anyone, anywhere. I'm also not for a second suggesting to take what information I hear as fact, but this thread is 'good mail' and that's what I'm offering up, stuff I've heard from people who are in a position to actually know.

I have absolutely no idea where Frawley is going, but I've been told MFC have approached the AFL asking if he is offered x,y,z what is our likely compensation. Whether it's to plan to on-trade, or work out if Malceski or another free agent would water that down, I haven't the faintest clue, but we have made the approach.

Jaksch is the mail I'm most confident on, and believe he can add to the side. He was a pick 12, hasn't played much so I see his value holding around there if not a 20ish pick. If we can package him up with another good GWS mid for first pick (or compo) which will be in area of 2,3 or 4 I can't see how Carlton can beat that.

Two players I've also heard that Melbourne have spoken to manager's of are Darcy Byrne-Jones a young kid who just got drafted to Port this year (yet to play a game) and Tim Membrey from the Sydney Swans.

Not that it's incredibly relevant to this particular post but we all heard rumours that Tom Rockliff was tempted by Roos to come back to Melbourne for bulk cash. From the mouth of his manager they are absolutely rubbish and Tom would never play for Melbourne as he was told he'd 'certainly' be drafted by us if he was available at our last pick in the National Draft. We overlooked him, and than again in the Pre-Season after that and he said Tom, a country lad, holds a real grudge for us reneging on our word.

Cheers Arrow, the mail is much appreciated.

Jaksch would be a quality tall to bring in if Frawley goes, and would love to see him come in along with another GWS mid.

Byrne-Jones caught my eye last year as a hard-working small defender with pace, endurance & solid decision making skills. If we got him in for a late pick he'd be a very solid pick up.

This sucks. Seems that very similar representations were made by the club to Rory Sloan, only for him to be overlooked and then recruited by the Crows.

What the hell was the club doing during those years?! No wonder we were a complete basket case before Roos/PJ.

I wonder if we could get Stef Martin back ...

Heard Stef being interviewed on radio and while he didn't say it exactly I don't think he would be coming back. He was being diplomatic but it was clear that there was some ill feeling. And if the story about Viney grabbing him by the throat in the locker room is fair dinkum then you can say it definitely won't be happening....

Losing Colin for Bernie was a great deal...

Speaking about Sylvia, who has had a disappointing first season in the west, Lyon said: "He needs to go back (to the WAFL) and deliver actions that will build trust within the match committee that will select him and, more importantly, his teammates.
"He's played a certain way for a long time and he needs to shift, because we're not bending to Col. Col will bend to us. He knows that and he understands that."
Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

Heard Stef being interviewed on radio and while he didn't say it exactly I don't think he would be coming back. He was being diplomatic but it was clear that there was some ill feeling. And if the story about Viney grabbing him by the throat in the locker room is fair dinkum then you can say it definitely won't be happening....

I haven't heard this before. Martin leaving at the end of 2012 would suggest you're talking about Viney senior?

I haven't heard this before. Martin leaving at the end of 2012 would suggest you're talking about Viney senior?

Not necessarily. Jack was by all accounts hanging around the club and i could see him as 16 year old getting all fired up about lack of effort. Joke btw

Edited by binman
  • Like 2

Stef Martin has had a good month.. but he also had a good month with us here and there. Lets see if he can sustain it. And if he does, then good on him. I have no ill feeling.

One I am hearing that might be on the radar as a late pick up is Tim Golds at GWS. Athletic type with good outside run.

Whilst I trust you judgement on most things Saty, but you surely can't believe that even if Frawley had signed, he'd just tell you and tell him to keep it your secret from supporters and the coaching staff.

I'm not suggesting he's signed elsewhere, I'm just saying I don't think he has any interest in playing for us next year, no matter what is on the table at the end of year.

I asked him a few weeks ago, commiserating with him about all the hoo-hah, a lot of it from people who have never changed jobs for money or success...right?, he just told me, (and that noboby believes him, and he is sick of it) that he hadn't made his mind up yet....is it true, nobody except Chip knows that

If he decides to leave, he leaves, we get a compensation pick, move on

any RFA player could only have a non-binding agreement with another club at this stage (pre FA period)

therefore any such player could legitimately state "i haven't made up my mind at this stage" without telling an untruth because he is yet to sign a legitimate afl authorised contract

so everything can be true and untrue simultaneously at this time

• Like 1

Correct. Apparently had him against a wall and lifted him off the ground because he was late for training or some such thing. Viney was incensed by the slack attitude generally of the team and Stef copped it I believe.

Correct. Apparently had him against a wall and lifted him off the ground because he was late for training or some such thing. Viney was incensed by the slack attitude generally of the team and Stef copped it I believe.

well eff him and anyone else that has/is contributing to our pizzweak culture - a culture that has us gone 50 years without success. I hope Viney gets them all by the throat and that they are sent packing if they don't walk the line

well eff him and anyone else that has/is contributing to our pizzweak culture - a culture that has us gone 50 years without success. I hope Viney gets them all by the throat and that they are sent packing if they don't walk the line

Couldnt see that happening under the current staff.

ROK to MFC is as good as done if Sydney delist him. Can't see any other team that needs his leadership the way we do, maybe barring St Kilda.

Similar to Crossy. No other team was even interested due to their needs, and he was an absolute steal for us. Rest assured our fitness team will do their due diligence before signing him, as we did before we signed up Crossy. If he's "finished" like some claim, we won't sign him. But even 15 games would make him a worthy acquisition.

I like the way you've cut out the middle man and potted your own post.

Nasher should be pleased - helps reduce the number of posts overall.

• Like 1

Oh yeah!...violence that's the answer, that will fix everything...sigh.....

Oh yeah!...violence that's the answer, that will fix everything...sigh.....

I can only imagine that the players' attitude must have been unprofessional and disrespectful of the club to evoke such a response

Have you played much footy? I always found that fire and brimstone gets better results than hugs and kisses

I can only imagine that the players' attitude must have been unprofessional and disrespectful of the club to evoke such a response

Have you played much footy? I always found that fire and brimstone gets better results than hugs and kisses

Neeld tried that. Look where that got us.

Neeld tried that. Look where that got us.

I reckon it comes off a lot better from someone the players respect, I have heard Roosy has given the players some decent bakes

• Like 1