Jordie McKenzie

Harry Plopper

Jordan (as his parents probably named him) will be on our list next year!

And I bet ya Jake (as he's called on Wikipedia) Spencer's real name is Jacob!

Jordan (as his parents probably named him) will be on our list next year!

And I bet ya Jake (as he's called on Wikipedia) Spencer's real name is Jacob!

My brothers name is Jake and not Jacob.

According to Wikipedia it's Jacob though...

This thread has gone to shite...hang on...when was it not?

• Like 1

My brothers name is Jake and not Jacob.

According to Wikipedia it's Jacob though...

This thread has gone to shite...hang on...when was it not?

Now ET I think it is time to take a breath, enjoy Dinner, the QLD weather and go for a walk.

Life is not that bad.

Edited by old dee

His contribution against Essendone was great. was involved in some of the best goals on the night including the last

Tagged well and showed he has quick hands as in the handpass to Watts to Kent for that 3 bounce goal. Also played a crucial part in that marvellous chain of handballs ending up with the winning goal.Not a great kick but really knows how to tag. Ask Gary Ablett last year! Kept Stanton very quiet. We must persevere with Jordie. No, he is not a relative!

• Like 2

Now ET I think it is time to take a breath, enjoy Dinner, the QLD weather and go for a walk.

Life is not that bad.

The QLD weather? I unfortunately reside in WA and haven't holidayed in QLD for some years.

Anyway...

Great game by McKenzie, didn't realise how hard he worked until I watched the replay. Great effort on Stanton.

Tagged well and showed he has quick hands as in the handpass to Watts to Kent for that 3 bounce goal. Also played a crucial part in that marvellous chain of handballs ending up with the winning goal.Not a great kick but really knows how to tag. Ask Gary Ablett last year! Kept Stanton very quiet. We must persevere with Jordie. No, he is not a relative!

He was also crucial when we beat Essendon in 2012 with a nice link up hand pass. Very dependable player who still has some good scope for improvement.

• Like 1

I've said he has some of the best hands in close at the club for years.

Showed great quick, attacking handballs when he started but was then pigeon holed as a pure tagged and lost being able to use his best weapon.

Caught a few glimpses of it on Sunday.

While I'm not a huge fan, and I'm not sure how long he'll hold a spot in our midfield, he's another player I'd love to see make it because of his attitude and physicality.

• Like 2

I've said he has some of the best hands in close at the club for years.

Showed great quick, attacking handballs when he started but was then pigeon holed as a pure tagged and lost being able to use his best weapon.

Caught a few glimpses of it on Sunday.

While I'm not a huge fan, and I'm not sure how long he'll hold a spot in our midfield, he's another player I'd love to see make it because of his attitude and physicality.

Like him and Cross won't go forever so he's an important player for the list. But Hmmm not convinced by his hands. Still a bit fumbly and the link up with Frawley/McDonald was great but I haven't seen any brilliant work around the stoppages by way of smart handballing. I'm not sure when we last had a great handballer on our list, I don't think we have one now. Tyson can be good and he needs better mids around him to get to the right spots for those brilliant handballers.

When I watched preseason handballing was probably worked on as much as anything. Quick flowing running and handballing is so important.

Like him and Cross won't go forever so he's an important player for the list. But Hmmm not convinced by his hands. Still a bit fumbly and the link up with Frawley/McDonald was great but I haven't seen any brilliant work around the stoppages by way of smart handballing. I'm not sure when we last had a great handballer on our list, I don't think we have one now. Tyson can be good and he needs better mids around him to get to the right spots for those brilliant handballers.

When I watched preseason handballing was probably worked on as much as anything. Quick flowing running and handballing is so important.

Have a look at his lighting fast hand pass to Jack watts who relayed onto Kent for the 3 bounce goal. He has got good hands.

I spoke to Jordie at training, complimented him on his score involvements, laughed that they were handballs AGAIN......as from club website article as well, told me he has to keep improving each week on the offensive side of his game, to hold his spot

Unlike some others,I don't have a problem with Jordie handballing. It can become predictable if you're team-mates are standing still but an offensive weapon if your team-mate is moving. The simple handball give from Watts to Kent. The handball from Jordie to Tommy Mac. Both great examples of how dangerous good handballing can be.

It will be interesting to see how he goes going forward as I have been a great supporter of his and in previous threads have suggested that when the team learns to spread hard and run hard, when the teams learns better running patterns to create space, Jordie can be more than useful.

Jordie will always be an extractor and a feeder. What he has been lacking in the past few years is anyone to give the ball to. Whilst I am not comparing to him Mitchell I can somewhat compare the roles. Mitchells main brief is to get the ball in tight and feed it to his faster and more polished outside runners. For the past two years we havent had any of these. Mitchell secondary role is to then provide another attacking running option and whilst he does this less than he "extracts" he does it successfully enough that he needs to be tagged. This is the string to the bow that I think Roos wants Jordie to have.

• Like 5

I spoke to Jordie at training, complimented him on his score involvements, laughed that they were handballs AGAIN......as from club website article as well, told me he has to keep improving each week on the offensive side of his game, to hold his spot

I would have laughed if I were Jordie also.

Scoring involvements ? Like the one where he happened to be at the fall of the ball when Frawley went up for the mark on the wing and he gave off a one-two handball to Frawley and then off to McDonald?

Are we watching junior footy or something? Are these aspects and fundamental skills of our game not expected? I'm so confused...

I'm sorry but if a couple of handballs during passages of play that happen to result in goals are congratulated by supporters, it really shows how shite a footy team we have really been over the last near decade.

In two years, McKenzie will not be getting a gig, and we won't congratulating players who happened to get a couple of handballs off during passages of play resulting in goals. And it's going to be brilliant.

I would have laughed if I were Jordie also.

Scoring involvements ? Like the one where he happened to be at the fall of the ball when Frawley went up for the mark on the wing and he gave off a one-two handball to Frawley and then off to McDonald?

Are we watching junior footy or something? Are these aspects and fundamental skills of our game not expected? I'm so confused...

I'm sorry but if a couple of handballs during passages of play that happen to result in goals are congratulated by supporters, it really shows how shite a footy team we have really been over the last near decade.

In two years, McKenzie will not be getting a gig, and we won't congratulating players who happened to get a couple of handballs off during passages of play resulting in goals. And it's going to be brilliant.

That may be so, but in the meantime we need players that will set an example of running hard and never giving up and Jordie fits that bill. We have to change the thinking of the players and you need players like Jordie, Cross and Riley that will kill to get to the ball.

Jordie sets an example that hopefully others will follow.

• Like 7

Certainly earnt another game next sunday.

He certainly has earned another chance. Can someone change the title of this topic to JORDIE McKenzie because that is the man's name! Jordie by the way is a Scottish name meaning 'earth worker' which is very appropriate for Jordie's style of play. Nothing fancy but plenty of endeavour and hard work.

• Like 2

Of course you are confused - a handball is a fundamental skill - but that whole play ( which included the Jordie handballs) as pointed out by many commentators - was audacious, high risk, under extreme pressure yet perfectly executed. Roos called it our best piece of football for the year. Yes - you are confused - when players have so many options and efficiency runs at around 70%, you don't seem to appreciate that besides the Jones participation which was just a kick to a contest ( 1 on 2 against us) our players did not just perform at 100% - they performed risky maneuvers at 100% efficiency in a pressured situation.

• Like 3

Is there no grey for you ? Just black and white ? Jordie was not best on ground on Sunday. What he did do is keep one of Essendons highest possession getters to 13 touches - Stanton's worst performance for the year. But we have seen him tag successfully before. He has been playing at Casey because the FD have said that they need more. They need him more offensively involved. So he show some signs in the 2nd half - dishes off to Watts to Kent for a goal and his part in the last play and yet you give this comment.

You well may be right that he wont be around in two years - or maybe he will keep improving and end up our Cameron Ling. All that is necessary is to say that Jordie has a good game on Sunday and play his part in the win.

• Like 5