Malthouse has lost it.

Redleg

Just read the Age article and it states that the Blues have regularly this year complained about the umpiring to Wayne Campbell and the umpiring body.

That is quite funny as they generally get more frees than the opposition.

Knowing Carlton and Mick, they no doubt expect every decision to go their way.

Wonder if they complained about the mistakes that have gone their way. They would have loved the West Coast game.

PS. My most disliked club with my most disliked Coach. They deserve each other.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 7

Agree redleg. Funny he missed that geelong were dudded by the umpire calling play on on hawkins. His press conferences used to be witty and spread with only disdain if asked a ridiculous question. Now he speaks to any journalist like they are a farmdog. I would say that he should focus on updating his tactics and regenerating a playing list that are showing signs of poor fitness and second rate skills, rather than critisizing umpires who had 30 players spread around the ball.

Don't blame him for speaking to the journos like that-I think 95% of them are low-life fwits that make me taste sick in my mouth when I hear from or read the scum.

I thought the only decision they got the Lappin decision wrong, Wayne Campbell thought they got it right. Guess that means I'm the correct one...

• Like 1

When Eddie dumped Mick, I kind of felt for him, and thought he was hard done by, but now its quite apparent that he is past it, and will be retired at the end of his contract if not before

It wasn't that long ago that some people questioned the coaching appointments of Malthouse and Roos, citing both were merely topping up their super. Two very different story now.
  • Like 2

Second week in a row he has blamed the umps for the loss.

Says Robinson was deprived of getting the ball when the Geelong runner touched him. Should have got a free. Only problem is the umpire was holding the ball ready to bounce, time on was going and umpire looked around to see what happened. The umpire did not then bounce the ball and call time back on until the incident was over and Robinson was in position. How then Mick did that prevent Robinson get the ball when it was not even in play? Whinge or deliberate lie Mick, what is it.

Next he picks the Menzel passage against Rivers. On the 7 replayed angles I saw Menzel grabs the ball and ducks clearly into Rivers who is waiting to tackle him. Menzel created the situation and the rule is play on or holding the ball when a player deliberately ducks for the free. Umpire got it completely correct.

Again Mick is it just a whinge or a deliberate lie?

MM is clearly feeling the pressure. IMO opinion he is coaching purely to get the record from Jock McHale and needs a 1 year extension to get it.

His behaviour to me is pathetic and disgusting and nearly all journos would agree.

Sportsbet wont quote odds for MM to be the first coach sacked this year would just love to see the little [censored] gone and carlton in turmoil!

Show some respect!! he is a three time flag winner, he did get collingwood into two grandfinals for one flag, he was at the top of his powers then.

I'll show him some respect when he shows others some respect.

Malthouse losing it - what a beautiful thing.

• Like 6

Wayne Campbell should look at the consistency of umpires across all games, Friday night they paid zero holding the balls yet the two games yesterday, players were given no,prior opportunity got jumped on head high and in the back, got buried under avalanche of opponents and still got pinged for holding the ball.

• Like 1

Mick can sook about the umpires all he wants both times they have been two or more goals up with 10 minutes to go and lost, his side are simply not handling the pressure and in general very average, having said that, it was the best game I have seen Bryce Gibbs play, he clearly beat sekwood and kicked 4 goals

Wayne Campbell should look at the consistency of umpires across all games, Friday night they paid zero holding the balls yet the two games yesterday, players were given no,prior opportunity got jumped on head high and in the back, got buried under avalanche of opponents and still got pinged for holding the ball.

I've got a real problem with the way the game is umpired 'nut'. You don't know what you are going to get which is what Roos has more than alluded to.

I think a lot of it comes from head offices obsession with continuous play. They could break up the packs by paying free kicks that are there or balling the ball up quickly and not waiting for the ball to come out of a maul. If a player is tackled it is either holding the ball or he hasn't had prior. Quick and correct decisions would see the game open up more than any other option the AFL are looking at including KB's interchange reduction which would only have effect later in the game.

...the stupidity of the way the game is umpired was made obvious by one it's 2 most stupid commentators Der-Wayne. Justifying a decision his comment was "That's not a rule, it's an interpretation."

• Like 2

I've got a real problem with the way the game is umpired 'nut'. You don't know what you are going to get which is what Roos has more than alluded to.

I think a lot of it comes from head offices obsession with continuous play. They could break up the packs by paying free kicks that are there or balling the ball up quickly and not waiting for the ball to come out of a maul. If a player is tackled it is either holding the ball or he hasn't had prior. Quick and correct decisions would see the game open up more than any other option the AFL are looking at including KB's interchange reduction which would only have effect later in the game.

...the stupidity of the way the game is umpired was made obvious by one it's 2 most stupid commentators Der-Wayne. Justifying a decision his comment was "That's not a rule, it's an interpretation."

Excellent points, rjay ... a quick ball up when the ball is held to a player is the best solution. If the ruckmen aren't in the vicinity, bad luck.

The powers that be are trying to fix an unfixable problem (with regards to when the ball is held to a player) Their "continuous play" argument is fatally flawed. By letting the play go on, they're effectively creating packs and rolling mauls. It's one of the major reasons as to why we often see most of players around the ball.

This is a management issue, not the fault of the umpires (who are umpiring to instruction)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

I've noticed at times this year Malthouse is really nice to the journos, sickeningly so and at other times he's like a cut snake; maybe he's been told to tone it down but at times it's just too much for him.

I don't dislike MM, but I'm happy to see Carlton wallow.

I've noticed at times this year Malthouse is really nice to the journos, sickeningly so and at other times he's like a cut snake; maybe he's been told to tone it down but at times it's just too much for him.

I don't dislike MM, but I'm happy to see Carlton wallow.

He lost me when he criticized Addam Maric for claiming he kicked the ball for a goal when he hadn't. Said Maric cheated. Let's forget about players who claim to have touched ball that go through for a goal, staged for free kicks or a hundred other things where they try and put one over the umps. What made it so bad was Maric was just starting to make his way and had an opposition coach publicly call him a cheat.

He then put himself ahead of his team with the most unbelievable interview in TFS in August 2011 when Collingwood were just about untouchable. They went down hill for the rest of the season when they realized their coach was more interested in himself than the team.

He thinks he's the smartest bloke in every room. His arrogance and disrespect for others is breathtaking.

Guess what. i don't like him.

Edited by Baghdad Bob
  • Like 3

He lost me when he criticized Addam Maric for claiming he kicked the ball for a goal when he hadn't. Said Maric cheated. Let's forget about players who claim to have touched ball that go through for a goal, staged for free kicks or a hundred other things where they try and put one over the umps. What made it so bad was Maric was just starting to make his way and had an opposition coach publicly call him a cheat.

He then put himself ahead of his team with the most unbelievable interview in TFS in August 2011 when Collingwood were just about untouchable. They went down hill for the rest of the season when they realized their coach was more interested in himself than the team.

He thinks he's the smartest bloke in every room. His arrogance and disrespect for others is breathtaking.

I gather you don't, what he said about Maric was wrong and I must confess I'd forgotten that and I could understand why a lot don't like him.

All time favourite Mick Malthouse moment is when there's 2 minutes to go in the game, Carlton are getting flogged, the camera cuts to the coaches box so Mick decides to pick up his binoculars as if he's got one move left up his sleeve.

I gather you don't, what he said about Maric was wrong and I must confess I'd forgotten that and I could understand why a lot don't like him.

It's his arrogance and whinging in every press conference that gets me, Robbie. The Maric thing is in the past. That was rubbish, but he still continues to be an arrogant, self-obsessed [censored] to this day. What a [censored].

The only thing better than seeing Carlton (or Collingwood, EssUndone or Richmond for that matter) being thrashed is seeing them suffer a close loss surrounded by controversy.

Schadenfreude reigns supreme

• Like 2

You and me both.

• Like 2

On the one hand I can't stand his bullying demeanour at post-matches and on other occasions with the press. On the other hand I note that he seems to inspire long term loyalty from former charges - there's ample evidence of this, including players and assistants with whom he has maintained long term relationships. I took it from that that "inside the tent" he was someone who demonstrated strong personal qualities in terms of leadership and establishing and maintaining relationships.

However, I found his attack on Hutchy a few weeks ago on Adelaide radio (as shown on Footy Classified) to be interesting. Malthouse said that he had helped Hutchy in the past during a difficult personal time, and now couldn't believe that he was asking him hard questions in the media. Seemed to smack of breaching a personal confidence in the interests of getting back at a perceived antagonist, and this would give anyone wondering about trusting in his discretion on personal matters some food for thought. And he apparently thought that pulling a thorn out of Hutchy's paw gave him a pass of immunity from scrutiny by Hutchy in the future. So much for altruism, it would seem.

Interestingly, it seems that his trademark "circle the wagons" approach is now under pressure. That is, circle the wagons and shoot anything that moves outside the circle, while mobilising those inside the circle to hang together to achieve a great common purpose. I reckon in his current situation Mick doesn't know where the circle is, whether he is inside or outside it, and at whom he should be shooting. Self-preservation is the order of the day.

• Like 1