• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What are we missing?

I'd like another fast,smart crumbing small forward.

JKH already looks like he can hold his own up the ground a little, so if we had another dangerous crumbing small at the feet of our talls, they could rotate a bit more through different areas of the ground.

The likes of Salem and Toumpas are just cutting their teeth on the forward line atm, they will eventually become permanent midfielders.

We have Kent, JKH and Bail.

Bail is more of a mid though.

We have 2 very young forwards though, i think we could be ok

Good quality ball users off the half-back.

They could be on the list already. Just a matter of getting games into them.

Clisby? Kent? Could that role belong to Toumpas?

There are definitely options.

For me another quality tall. Be it defender or forward. Losing Clark, and maybe Frawley plus Fitzy going backwards and being so injury prone leaves us a bit bare for talls.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

He's the guy. Not this off season though (re-signed last season), so I'd be going Shiel this off season. Come back for Prestia in 2016 - particularly if the Suns falter in the finals. Can't see it happening. Perhaps, this is more out of hope.

Prestia is THE guy, but I just can't see the Suns letting him go.

Just won't happen.

Roos contract extension. We are already seeing players we had all written off become reliable decent footballers. Roos is top 4-5 coaches in the game, and only they win flags.....

Players will come, but for now agree with many that a dashing good kick from half back would be sensational. Actually think Salem could be the player over time.

Prestia is THE guy, but I just can't see the Suns letting him go.

Just won't happen.

The players often have the power these days, not the clubs. If he wants to come home, he'll get there. We just have to convince him, but I reckon the Suns have to stumble as a club for him to want to leave any time soon.

Just won't happen.

these days all sorts of things are happening.. every interseason trading period we see 2 or 3 players you would have thought 'untouchable' moving around, and we have a strong case, the master himself in the coaches box, playing at the home of footy, oozing young talent.. never say 'never'

• Like 1

The players often have the power these days, not the clubs. If he wants to come home, he'll get there. We just have to convince him, but I reckon the Suns have to stumble as a club for him to want to leave any time soon.

That's true to an extent, but we still have to bring compensation to the table - i reckon we will finish about 11th, and have pick 7 or so, if Frawley goes that means + pick 8 (doesn't it?) which is a package that can possibly net a real quality asset from someone. However, I wouldn't be looking for a midfielder, i think we have greater need in the key forward department. I can't invest too much in Hogan at this stage. I reckon Roosy will be looking for a genuine seasoned sit-inside-50-and-clunk-big-marks-goalkicker to directly replace mitch clark. That's the key thing we are missing.

At this point, I can't tell you what we are missing. I could mention players I would desire to see in the red and blue but it won't man much.
With the progress we have made, to be honest, I'm gob smacked. Im going to leave this til much later in the season to see what personal we are lacking because at the start of the season I was thinking there are so many players on our list that need to be cut. But since then so many have hit their straps and become good valuable players. Off the top of my head, pederson and bail are two that i thought were well and truly finished. However, they've emerged from the depths and become good editions. Some players have changed roles entirely and are proving impressive i.e. Howe. Who else can prove themselves? Guys like tappy, blease and strauss will demonstrate their skills at VFL level and who knows, they might just surprise us all. Michie is due to hit his straps again soon and I don't think we have seen all he has to offer either. Guys like harmes and our other draftee are learning rapidly.

The team is playing with a great level of confidence, it and its becoming sturdier every week.

Who knows, at this stage although unlikely, its possible that we may not need player types, maybe we have them already and they just need that confidence and run time in the VFL. Having said that, I have no doubt we will be aggressive come recruitment this year.

Couldn't be happier with our progress so far.

• Like 2

At this point, I can't tell you what we are missing. I could mention players I would desire to see in the red and blue but it won't man much.

With the progress we have made, to be honest, I'm gob smacked. Im going to leave this til much later in the season to see what personal we are lacking because at the start of the season I was thinking there are so many players on our list that need to be cut. But since then so many have hit their straps and become good valuable players. Off the top of my head, pederson and bail are two that i thought were well and truly finished. However, they've emerged from the depths and become good editions. Some players have changed roles entirely and are proving impressive i.e. Howe. Who else can prove themselves? Guys like tappy, blease and strauss will demonstrate their skills at VFL level and who knows, they might just surprise us all. Michie is due to hit his straps again soon and I don't think we have seen all he has to offer either. Guys like harmes and our other draftee are learning rapidly.

The team is playing with a great level of confidence, it and its becoming sturdier every week.

Who knows, at this stage although unlikely, its possible that we may not need player types, maybe we have them already and they just need that confidence and run time in the VFL. Having said that, I have no doubt we will be aggressive come recruitment this year.

Couldn't be happier with our progress so far.

yes I have been thinking the same.. Roos has already turned some 'also-rans' into value, what might we see from these early-second-round eternal underachievers in Strauss, McKenzie, Tapscott and Blease?

• Like 1

That's true to an extent, but we still have to bring compensation to the table - i reckon we will finish about 11th, and have pick 7 or so, if Frawley goes that means + pick 8 (doesn't it?) which is a package that can possibly net a real quality asset from someone. However, I wouldn't be looking for a midfielder, i think we have greater need in the key forward department. I can't invest too much in Hogan at this stage. I reckon Roosy will be looking for a genuine seasoned sit-inside-50-and-clunk-big-marks-goalkicker to directly replace mitch clark. That's the key thing we are missing.

Well, as I mentioned, we won't be able to get him this off season, but I'm pretty sure he's out of contract at the end of next year. So get in his ear at the end of this year (I think we already have been in his ear) and prepare to simply say I wanna go to the MFC. I'd give up our first rounder for him.

Well, as I mentioned, we won't be able to get him this off season, but I'm pretty sure he's out of contract at the end of next year. So get in his ear at the end of this year (I think we already have been in his ear) and prepare to simply say I wanna go to the MFC. I'd give up our first rounder for him.

oh right missed that.. end of next year.. still, this time around we need to go for a bonafide KPF in my opinion, and I'll reckon we'll get the best available with the right people selling the right story

oh right missed that.. end of next year.. still, this time around we need to go for a bonafide KPF in my opinion, and I'll reckon we'll get the best available with the right people selling the right story

I agree. KPF this off season is the go, bring in another two or three mids for depth and we'll make improvements again next season.

Interesting on OTC before, they were talking about how Tom Mitchell can't crack a game in the Sydney midfield and how good their midfield is. I wouldn't be surprised if they shed a midfielder over the off season and guess who'll be sniffing around...our man, Roosy.

Edited by AdamFarr

I agree with you JVFP, in that what we need to take some big steps is another quality KPD, KPF and mid (maybe 2). Having another good ruckman would help also.

So, by my count, we are still around 5 quality players away from making serious progress.

don't know what you were watching Saturday but Jamar killed it and was very ably backed up by Max

We are already in a dilemma on who to bring in next week (Mitchie, Kent, etc) so I suggest let us sitback and continue to watch Roos work his magic. What we really need [and something that all Demonlanders can have an influence on] is 15,000 new members, taking us to 50,000+ and making us one of the powerhouse Victorian Clubs!

• Like 2

We are already in a dilemma on who to bring in next week (Mitchie, Kent, etc) so I suggest let us sitback and continue to watch Roos work his magic. What we really need [and something that all Demonlanders can have an influence on] is 15,000 new members, taking us to 50,000+ and making us one of the powerhouse Victorian Clubs!

Melbourne is one of the great 'silent supporter' clubs. Just watch them all come out of the woodwork as we improve. We get some flack for it, and probably rightly so, but there are generational MFC families who go quiet when we're not winning. As for building support, Jeremy Howe in form, Jacks Viney, Watts, Dom Tyson, and particularly JKH as his profile grows, will draw in a new generation.

• Like 2

This is hyperbole, although I hope you're right. I can't remember the last MFC player with such clean hands off the deck. He's a one grab player. Really excited by him and our new midfield. It'll be really interesting to see how we go against Port without Dawes' presence and work rate.

I think we have three of them in the side right now. It's a combination of balance, soft hands, quick mind and courage (meaning the courage to take the risks which come with this type of play) which allow these players to make football look effortless. The three are JKH, Salem and Howe.

Howe is not just an extraordinary taker of high marks. He also has a great ground game able to pick up the loose ball at pace. It also looks like his field kicking is improving. Salem is still finding his feet, but shows his silkiness whenever he's near the ball. I find Toumpas and Salem with their whiskers and swarthy complexions hard to tell apart - until they move. Toumpas has a solid, lumbering gait. Salem moves across the ground with the grace of a ballet dancer.

• Like 1

I agree. KPF this off season is the go, bring in another two or three mids for depth and we'll make improvements again next season.

Interesting on OTC before, they were talking about how Tom Mitchell can't crack a game in the Sydney midfield and how good their midfield is. I wouldn't be surprised if they shed a midfielder over the off season and guess who'll be sniffing around...our man, Roosy.

Apparently Tom Mitchell had 60+ possessions in the seconds last round. If this can't get him a game you'd think he might be a little frustrated.

We'd have to pay way too much for him. I'm question marking that. That is not a culture that Roos will want to inspire

People get paid what they are worth.

We have money and cap space - Fyfe would be a fantastic get. Beaten only by Dangerfield.