THE END OF DEMONLAND (Coming Soon?)

Demonland

I think the double posts is a Demonland thing but I thought I had that under control. Is it still happening? If it happens again. Shoot me a PM and let me know which thread it occurred in and what platform you were using (eg: phone or PC and then what type iphone or android).

I think it's happening again but under a specific set of circumstances. In the last week or so the 'Post' function is so slow that I think I can't have clicked on it properly...so I click again. I then get a message that I've been too quick and the reply can't be posted...and then the post appears twice. I'm not sure which is more illogical - the message from Demonland or the fact that I've fallen for the problem more than once. (I've deleted the second posts, so don't go looking for them.)

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
  • Like 1

Things are getting weirder. I've tried to edit the above post to point out that I should have said the post function is "sometimes" so slow.

Not only would it not let me edit it (twice...even though it says it's been edited), but when I first tried to post this message, I was told that my post had no content. So, this is a second attempt to explain the edit failure which talked about the slow post problem...

Am I being targeted? Did I not donate enough?

• Like 1

I think it's happening again but under a specific set of circumstances. In the last week or so the 'Post' function is so slow that I think I can't have clicked on it properly...so I click again. I then get a message that I've been too quick and the reply can't be posted...and then the post appears twice. I'm not sure which is more illogical - the message from Demonland or the fact that I've fallen for the problem more than once. (I've deleted the second posts, so don't go looking for them.)

That is exactly what happens to me. described it perfectly LDvC

La Dee-vina Comedia and old dee,

What were you using to post? Phone or PC? If phone was it an iPhone or Android or other? If computer was it a PC or Mac or other?

And yes the more you donate the less issues you will have in the future. :P

I have the slow posting too. PC Google chrome. Then I had impatient me double posting, so I have simply slowed down, now I wait 5-10 seconds (seems like forever) and then it is OK

What were you using to post? Phone or PC? If phone was it an iPhone or Android or other? If computer was it a PC or Mac or other?

PC using Safari.

And I like the clever non-specificity in your last line. Makes me think I'm special until I re-read it and understood the generality.

PC for me on a laptop with Windows 8 ( I try not to use 8 anymore than I have to ) and desk top on windows 7. Both are the same.

Also have an iPad that I don't use much now that I think about it I don't remember it happening on it.

It is not a big problem just annoying, I guess two posts are better than none.

I have the slow posting too. PC Google chrome. Then I had impatient me double posting, so I have simply slowed down, now I wait 5-10 seconds (seems like forever) and then it is OK

I have slow posting using a Google Chrome on a Mac, but I suspect that is my rubbish connection. I should really get a signal booster one of these days. :P

CT have you tried reloading Chrome?

I use Firefox and the only problem I have is it sometimes for unknown reasons loads my comments twice.

Not sure if that is Firefox or Demonland as only started recently

I've had the same issue over the last few days.. PC, Firefox.

Edited by dee-luded

I have just installed a new Work Friendly skin for those users who browse the site at work and would like it to blend in a little better than the red and blue of the normal site skin. The Work Friendly skin is sure to fool your boss and work colleagues into thinking that you are working and not goofing off on Demonland. This is an added benefit for those that sign up as Annual or Lifetime Member.

Here is what the Work Friendly skin looks like:

FullSite03.jpg

That's great for school as well - just have to make sure your boss/teacher is not a die hard demon fan first

• Like 1

That's great for school as well - just have to make sure your boss/teacher is not a die hard demon fan first

My Grade 6 teacher was a diehard Demon fan.. fortunately the Internet did not exist then.

I would probably be in a much worse place....

My Grade 6 teacher was a diehard Demon fan.. fortunately the Internet did not exist then.

I would probably be in a much worse place....

I think the majority of teachers still don't know it exists

I would but I'll lose all my remember me's. I probably will one day when it annoys me enough, but for the moment I work around it or just start new profiles via Firefox when I can't. It's the price I just have to pay for being retarded when it comes to technology.

Looks like that day finally came. Vale Carrot Top. Long live Uncle Fester.

Hopefully that meant that the subs went through now.

Hang in there with your friends. From my experience every little distraction helps at times like that.

If the MFC helps your friend get through it may well be the best thing the MFC does in 2014.

Old Dee, you are correct...

So the boy has made it through major heart surgery, and about a month. Had drinks with the parents to celebrate yesterday, was a bit grim, for baby photos they have pictures of thier son lying with his chest left open for follow up surgeries, drank a bottle of red on the spot listening to all the dramas they have had this last month, my tears constantly close). Anyway as lame and perhaps strange/inappropriate as it may seem to some, the only other conversation we had was about the Dees. And the father stated as black as the day was when they found out how bad his heart defect is, (basically half a heart, they build/replumb the rest gradually) he had felt the Dees beating Adelaide made him think his son could survive the day (he wasn't meant to). Now this is a serious guy, with a tough job and has allot more going on in his life than following the footy. But for him at the moment, the teams effort has really meant something to him at a terrible time, everything may still end in tears, but I'd love the team to know how much they can touch people lives in a inspirational way.

Even Mum, (who is appalled by the name Demons) is totally on board with his membership, and I gave them my 2014 scarf to put over the ICU bed he is in at NYU Medical Centre. (My wife is happy because it's one less scarf cluttering up our tiny apartment).

• Like 4

My year 9 maths teacher was Ken Emselle. He was a much better footballer than teacher...at least, that's how I explain my poor understanding of integrated calculus.

Ken was a prefect at Northcote High School when I was there, dragged me in to the prefects room once for smoking behind the shelter sheds and made me clean the room.