GAME DAY - Round 6

Whispering_Jack

Some Rankings and a look at the 2 teams age/experience etc. Please note that games experience/age/weight etc do not include changes for Rnd 6.

Average Attributes @ Rnd 5 2014

Demons Attribute Swans

187.4cm Height 186.0cm

87.3kg Weight 87.0kg

24yr 7mth Age 26yr 2mth

61.7 Games 101.9

Total Players By Games @ Rnd 5 2014

Demons Games Swans

12 Less than 50 6

5 50 to 99 4

3 100 to 149 6

2 150 or more 6

Note: Blue Headers indicate Demons ahead, red the Swans.

Contested

Demons 15 / 131 (Rank/Ave per game)

Swans 3 /148

Uncontested

Demons 10 / 214

Swans 14 / 203

Effective Disposals

Demons 11 / 252

Swans 14 / 243

Effective Disposal %

Demons 8 / 71.9

Swans 15 / 67.9

Tackles

Demons 14 / 63

Swans 1 / 78

Clangers

Demons 8 / 46

Swans 17 / 50

Contested Marks

Demons 15 / 7

Swans 8 / 9

i50

Demons 18 / 43

Swans 8 / 51

Marks i50

Demons 13 / 9

Swans 9 / 10

Clearances

Demons 18 / 31

Swans 10/ 39

1 %ers

Demons 9 / 52

Swans 4 / 55

I'm liking our ranking for effective disposals.

8th for clangers is a huge improvement on last season, I'd accepts. But still rubbish.

I'm liking our ranking for effective disposals.

8th for clangers is a huge improvement on last season, I'd accepts. But still rubbish.

Me too. And if we can make more of them forward thrusts i think we'll see the i50s improve a bit. Then we just need players to clunk a bit more in there and kick accurately. Severely lacking some good contested marking capability both up forward and around the ground. All easy to say of course.

The big Russian might help with contested marks somewhat but probably not in tonight's weather.

Big shame re Hulk's back. We really needed another genuine marking option up forward who can kick multiple goals. And not saying he would be our savior here in the short term even if in. Just a handy addition to keep us in games a little longer and possibly win a extra ones throughout the year, taking the focus off Dawes as well and another tall from the opposition to man him up.

Can you read "big fella"? One line said they were 6th in clearances, the next said they were 10th.

Do you understand the difference between "center clearances" and "clearances" ????????????????

Do you understand the difference between "center clearances" and "clearances" ????????????????

Do you understand they didn't say center clearances? (only 1 question mark is needed btw)

Are you seriously this much of a tool you're trying to have this argument?

Edited by stuie

Do you understand they didn't say center clearances?

2. The Demons are ranked last in the competition for [bold]centre clearances[/bold], averaging just eight per game. The stats has been one of the Swans' strongest as they rank sixth in the League with an average of 13 a game.

4. The Swans continue to struggle in the ruck following the departure of Shane Mumford. In 2013 they were ranked first for hit-outs and [bold]clearances[/bold]. In 2014, they sit 12th and 10th respectively.

Seems pretty clear stuie...

• Like 1

Some interesting points from AFL website:

1. Melbourne has won just one game but the Demons have shown vast defensive improvement. Last season the Demons conceded an average of 122 points per game compared to 82 per game in 2014.

2. The Demons are ranked last in the competition for centre clearances, averaging just eight per game. The stats has been one of the Swans' stronges as they rank sixth in the League with an average of 13 a game.

4. The Swans continue to struggle in the ruck following the departure of Shane Mumford. In 2013 they were ranked first for hit-outs and clearances. In 2014, they sit 12th and 10th respectively.

5. Melbourne's improvement within games has been noticeable, having won nine of the 20 quarters they have played in this year. The Swans have won just eight from their five games.

Odds:

Sydney $1.07

Melbourne $8.50

I really have no clue whats going to happen going in to this game - all I know is we need to come in with the intensity of the Carlton game (40 tackles is not good enough).

I am not sure if our defense will hold without Frawley/Garland (those are the two that I would put on Buddy).

I thought our midfield would have been performing better this year after the inclusions - (Viney, Jones, Tyson, Vince, Cross etc. and we can only manage 8 centre clearances a game)

Stuie, point 2. Center clearances 6th

Point 3 clearances. 10th (being stoppage clearances around the ground combined with center clearances are ranked 10th)

Over it yet?

Really?

When has Buddy ever kicked a bag against Melbourne?

Frawley and Garland have always had his measure.

Frawley is in the Forward line and Garland is at Casey.

Enough said as far as I can see

I do think we can win this with 4 quarters of hard effort, and if we get the Swans on one of their off days. Been plenty of them this year, and their win against Freo last week clearly wasn't saying much (if their gutless performance last night is any indication).

I do think we can win this with 4 quarters of hard effort, and if we get the Swans on one of their off days. Been plenty of them this year, and their win against Freo last week clearly wasn't saying much (if their gutless performance last night is any indication).

I hope you are right I am driving tonight so cannot spend the second half in the bar.

• Like 1

Are you seriously this much of a tool you're trying to have this argument?

Seems pretty clear stuie...

Stuie, point 2. Center clearances 6th

Point 3 clearances. 10th (being stoppage clearances around the ground combined with center clearances are ranked 10th)

Over it yet?

Earth to Stuie do you read me?

Fairly cut and dried there JVF....

Ahhhh Demonland at it's finest... Anyone would think you guys are a bit antsy today

• Like 1

I hope we don't see last weeks first half trash. Will be interesting how fired up the players are since this is the first game Roos is coaching against his old club.

The assistant coaches and leadership group better be rallying everyone together to do this one for Roos. It'd be a huge statement from the playing group not only as a 'thank you' to Paul, but a statement for the future of the club in general.

Hate when players get injured on the field, but secretly hoping Buddy might have post-crash symptoms from his little bingle a few days ago. :P

• Like 1

I hope we don't see last weeks first half trash. Will be interesting how fired up the players are since this is the first game Roos is coaching against his old club.

I pray to Roos that we play Jeremy Howe in the forward line all game tonight. The moment he went up there last week, we got straight back into the match.

Guessing Howey, JKH, Frawley, Dawes, Byrnes & Bail forward. Dunn, Georgiou, MacDonald down back?

Wonder if Salem will be the sub, and was he training with the forwards on Thursday? He seems to be a handy kick on goal, so Roos could put him forward. He wouldn't have the tank to go near the midfield just yet (especially against Sydney's).

Oh dear stu. You just got owned by J Viney Fan. Time to go into hiding mate. :)

Don't know that I'd say owned, he did pick up on me missing a word in a post and made a huge deal out of it. He would probably say owned though cos it seems a big deal to him

Guessing Howey, JKH, Frawley, Dawes, Byrnes & Bail forward. Dunn, Georgiou, MacDonald down back?

Wonder if Salem will be the sub, and was he training with the forwards on Thursday? He seems to be a handy kick on goal, so Roos could put him forward. He wouldn't have the tank to go near the midfield just yet (especially against Sydney's).

He wasn't training with the forwards specifically but was practicing a fair few shots on goal

I think we have a chance if all of our players come to play and play hard. This weekend we have seen a few good sides go down to lesser sides because the better sides were probably over confident and the lesser sides were more intent. We need to be hard at the contests to win. Good luck to Salem on his debut.