Players to target at the end of the year

Toumpas can't run, can't kick, can't tackle.

At this stage a worse pick 4 than Cale Morton.

Trade him while he has some level of currency.

Remind me what we got in return for Cale Morton? Edited by CBDees

Remind me what we got in return for Cale Morton?

To be fair he was also traded after his 4th year on the list, showed that he clearly was a dud so that's why we traded to get pick 88 (i think it was, went on to get DRod with it), this is Toump's first year and still has some value left.

Anyone see in the paper today under 'The Whisper', the following message:

'Is footy's oldest club planning recruiting revenge with a raid on one of the game's brightest young stars?'

Jeremy Cameron, anyone?

• Like 1

Anyone see in the paper today under 'The Whisper', the following message:

'Is footy's oldest club planning recruiting revenge with a raid on one of the game's brightest young stars?'

Jeremy Cameron, anyone?

It would explain his form slump if he has received some fairly significant offers, the hardest thing for the Giants is so many of their players are going to increase in value so they need to be careful about handing out huge money

I am not against picks 2 & 3 going to the Giants for Cameron and Shiel

• Like 2

The talk is that our number 1 target is Jeremy Cameron. We may well have already made a big bucks deal to his management. He would replace Clark but is seen as the next Wayne Carey by many in the industry.

It would explain his form slump if he has received some fairly significant offers, the hardest thing for the Giants is so many of their players are going to increase in value so they need to be careful about handing out huge money

I am not against picks 2 & 3 going to the Giants for Cameron and Shiel

We would be crazy not to do that deal.

• Like 2

Couple of weeks agi he was Caseys leading tackler for the game with 6. The week before he also laid 6 tackles.

We all know he can kick your just spouting rubbish and excuses to get rid of him so early.

• Like 9

The talk is that our number 1 target is Jeremy Cameron. We may well have already made a big bucks deal to his management. He would replace Clark but is seen as the next Wayne Carey by many in the industry.

He wouldn't really replace Clark as he isn't a forward/ruck option and whilst Carey really rates him he is a very different type of player. Hogan is more Carey like, Cameron gets a lot of his goals from the ground and reminds me more of Hudson than Carey.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Toumpas was near the front of the running during the majority of pre-season.

We all know he can kick....but as with many highly rated juniors, they are usually the play makers and accumulators of their teams...which generally means that their defensive habits need a bit of work.

Paul Roos is defense personified and Toumpas is in learning mode. He's being taught defensive side and structures of modern AFL footy all the while developing his body.

Will he be a star? who know, the jury's still out...but it is way too soon to write him off at this stage.

I'd be very disappointed if we were to trade him.

• Like 5

Toumpas in his 2nd season is stranded in the 2s for now despite promising performances and many want him gone.

Tom Mitchell in his 3rd season is stranded in the 2s despite excellent performances and many want to recruit him.

I understand the swans are a premiership fancy and it's much harder to push into their side, but there's a heavy dose of hypocrisy here.

Toumpas still has a lot to offer going forward.

• Like 7

Toumpas in his 2nd season is stranded in the 2s for now despite promising performances and many want him gone.

Tom Mitchell in his 3rd season is stranded in the 2s despite excellent performances and many want to recruit him.

I understand the swans are a premiership fancy and it's much harder to push into their side, but there's a heavy dose of hypocrisy here.

bang on, unless a deal was offered up that meant us getting Dangerfield for Toumpas and a pick I would be shocked if he isn't with us next year and beyond

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Toumpas was near the front of the running during the majority of pre-season.

We all know he can kick....but as with many highly rated juniors, they are usually the play makers and accumulators of their teams...which generally means that their defensive habits need a bit of work.

Paul Roos is defense personified and Toumpas is in learning mode. He's being taught defensive side and structures of modern AFL footy all the while developing his body.

Will he be a star? who know, the jury's still out...but it is way too soon to write him off at this stage.

I'd be very disappointed if we were to trade him.

your right. Toumpas is being taught. defence, composure, attitude, mental toughness, all the things a talented skilled kid has had easier than many, & maybe hasn't learnt Yet.

but you wouldn't trade him for Dangerman?

Edited by dee-luded

Heard Darling was keen to move, Watts for Darling?

Do you think that's realistic?

Heard Darling was keen to move, Watts for Darling?

Not sure on this but did hear some commentators talking about WC needing to get some quality in the midfield and mentioned Darling as trade bait. Don't think this equates to Darling being keen to move and I'm pretty sure Watts is not what they're looking for.

Maybe they should give Darling an extended run as a mid...but anyway that's their problem.

Mitchell is being pushed out of the strongest side in the competition, and probably the strongest side we've seen in a few years.

Toumpas is being pushed out of a side that probably wouldn't even beat Sydney's reserve side.

Well cameron fits the profile for that small article in the herald sun. With the money we gain from

Clark and frawley which seems likely.. We'd have around 1.2mil to 1.3mil to play with. He'd be worth every cent for around that amount

• Like 2