Players to target at the end of the year

What about Jack Ziebell for a high pick.

North need a key forward post Petrie. They wont win a flag with a 32 year old Petrie (if he even does play on), Aaron Black and whatever else they have forward. And they have a surplus of one paced inside mids - Cunnington, Swallow, Greenwood, Dal Santo.

Now at times I'm not overly enamoured with Ziebell but he's tall, he's big bodied and he'd suit Roos' game plan to a tee. And how many rated Josh Kennedy before he went to Sydney?

North wouldn't offer him but they'd have to consider the top pick to get a key forward or special talent for sure.

North need a key forward post Petrie. They wont win a flag with a 32 year old Petrie (if he even does play on), Aaron Black and whatever else they have forward. And they have a surplus of one paced inside mids - Cunnington, Swallow, Greenwood, Dal Santo.

Now at times I'm not overly enamoured with Ziebell but he's tall, he's big bodied and he'd suit Roos' game plan to a tee. And how many rated Josh Kennedy before he went to Sydney?

North wouldn't offer him but they'd have to consider the top pick to get a key forward or special talent for sure.

He is North through and through, his dad scouts talent from north east Vic for the club, would be a huge effort even getting him to talk to us.

Swallow Gold Coast (Swallow the person, not the verb). Get around him Roosy.

Only recently signed a new deal, no chance IMO.

As GGR Martin said above North are worth a look - Ziebell might be out of our reach, but what about a Cunnington? Greenwood? Probably also out of our reach and a little unrealistic but I think it's not far from the mark to suggest they could use another tall down there. At the very least this tall player rich draft will help our cause in looking for trades. A number of teams out there need another tall or two and could be tempted into making a deal. I'd look at the Lions as well - Jack Redden maybe?

Patrick Dangerfield - 1.2 million a year for 6 years, offer pick 3 and Jimmy Toumpas for the trade, if the crows feel they will lose him anyway this is far better than the compo they would get.

Dion Prestia - 700k a year for 4 years and trade pick 4

Craig Bird - Genunine role player, offer our second rounder

grab young Stretch with our third rounder

upgrade Jetta and Georgiou after that

everything will be coming up MFC

Patrick Dangerfield - 1.2 million a year for 6 years, offer pick 3 and Jimmy Toumpas for the trade, if the crows feel they will lose him anyway this is far better than the compo they would get.

Dion Prestia - 700k a year for 4 years and trade pick 4

Craig Bird - Genunine role player, offer our second rounder

grab young Stretch with our third rounder

upgrade Jetta and Georgiou after that

everything will be coming up MFC

Prestia signed a contract last year and is, clearly, their second best mid. No chance they trade him back to us when he is still young.

Dangerfield is slightly more realistic, especially if the Crows go into panic mode, but we need to be realistic about our targets. GC would have no reason to look for more picks right now, their list is already young enough as it is (same as GWS unless their unsigned players want out).

Any chance we may look at Luke Parker at Sydney? Only 21 and is just about Sydney's best player at the moment. Can rack up the ball and can kick goals. I don't think he'd come cheap but he'd be a great pickup for our midfield.

Edited by Demon Jack

Good luck getting anyone out of GCS. There's a reason everyone keeps targetting GWS, they're the basketcase of the two expansion clubs.

Roos' connections at Sydney notwithstanding, but the salary cap pressure they'll be facing from here on will squeeze lots of talented young players out of that club, as they seek better contracts. Only problem is they look premiership bound at this rate.

Edited by Lamashtu

Any chance we may look at Luke Parker at Sydney? Only 21 and is just about Sydney's best player at the moment. Can rack up the ball and can kick goals.

Exactly - so why on Earth would the Swans even look at trading him? If he was on our list we would laugh at every club that came our way with an offer of a trade.

• Like 1

Prestia signed a contract last year and is, clearly, their second best mid. No chance they trade him back to us when he is still young.

Dangerfield is slightly more realistic, especially if the Crows go into panic mode, but we need to be realistic about our targets. GC would have no reason to look for more picks right now, their list is already young enough as it is (same as GWS unless their unsigned players want out).

I believe he signed a two year deal and is out of contract at the end of next year, much like Danger if they believe they are going to lose him anyway because we have made an offer too good to refuse, they might just consider a good trade deal

I believe he signed a two year deal and is out of contract at the end of next year, much like Danger if they believe they are going to lose him anyway because we have made an offer too good to refuse, they might just consider a good trade deal

True, although Prestia had a chance last season to do just that and didn't go for it. The only thing in our favour would be that he signed a 2 year deal and not something like a 4-5 year deal. However with Prestia being in career best form and GC being on the up I can't see him wanting to move at this stage. If GC were still struggling then I could see it, but not now.

We can dream though... :)

I love the thinking with Danger and just makes sense for both parties. Very American approach to a sign and trade - get him somewhere else so you don't have to deal with the fallout. We offer him a long, big contract and offer the Crows the world.

Waite and Lycett I'd make a play for in terms of alls. We've been told we want another ruck man and I can't see why we wouldn't take Waite for a small contract to help the forward line (waiting for Tex next year of course). However, I have always liked Cameron Conlon...

Exactly - so why on Earth would the Swans even look at trading him? If he was on our list we would laugh at every club that came our way with an offer of a trade.

Tommy Mitchell is our best chance from the Swans for our second round.

Edited by Dee-licious

He is North through and through, his dad scouts talent from north east Vic for the club, would be a huge effort even getting him to talk to us.

Don't get more through and through than Kennedy at Hawthorn though.

The difference is Kennedy was missing out in a gun side where as Ziebell (hasn't yet) missed out in a side that's probably more likely to play him.

If he started missing out on games or even had to play forward he might be more willing.

A lot of these names peopel are mentioning are star players who will never leave. We need to find someone like Tyson and Vince who's clubs are happy to move them on for the price. Gold Coast aren't moving on David Swallow it's ridiculous. On the other hand North are a team who really must consider something, then again they probably wont have the guts to make a big trade.

If they don't get their draft picks back Essendon will be keen for a trade, I think they will consider David Myers or Melksham, they aren't delivering much and they need picks. Collingwood are the other one who are probably still interesting in rebuilding and getting picks in. Guys like Jarrad Blair, Goldsack and Lumumba they might be very open to trading, they aren't really part of their future.

agree... why would key players come to MFC.

Tom Mitchell for a 2nd round pick is a good offer.

For us it is. Not sure Sydney would be too happy with that.

Remember when Tom Mitchell last had an injury free period he looked every bit as good as someone like Viney. Would you trade Viney for a second rounder?

Any chance we may look at Luke Parker at Sydney? Only 21 and is just about Sydney's best player at the moment. Can rack up the ball and can kick goals. I don't think he'd come cheap but he'd be a great pickup for our midfield.

Saw footage on FC of Parker crunching two GWS players in a contest and running away with the ball. He looks super strong and plays deceptively tall. Would love him, but unlikely to happen. Hope I'm wrong.

I seriously do not understand the love that this guy gets throughout the AFL. His great games are only ever so often, the others are mildly mediocre (similar to Sylvia - just a little better).

For the price we'd have to pay both salary and picks/players, he simply isn't worth it. I'd go after Sloane before i went after Dangerfield, as he influences more games more often.

• Like 1

to suit Roos' game plan to a tee he'd have to dramatically increase his endurance.

Mark Neeld was able to recruit Mitch Clark and Chris Dawes to the MFC

the myth of players not wanting to come to the MFC is just that, a myth

And if Neeld could get us Clark and Dawes, I salivate at what Roos will be able to get us

Roos has Pederson playing like a 150 game AFL player, the man is a miracle worker.

Haha. Tom Mitchell for a second rounder? "Tell him he's dreaming"

Mitchell is going to be a serious player. He just can't break into an experienced, elite midfield, ater coming back from injury.

The thing is they will have no interest in our first rounder either, they are already getting Heeney cheap as chips

Agree with this.

The only problem is I think we will then have a surplus of one paced mids. We need to change it up but your logic here is on the money.

Agree with this.

The only problem is I think we will then have a surplus of one paced mids. We need to change it up but your logic here is on the money.

I reckon the Saints would kill to land mcCartin and Wright, maybe we can line up a trade for Jack Steven?