Changes for Gold Coast Round 5

Grapeviney

I'd love Toumpas to have a great game today to push for selection. Also, Trengove, the forgotten man needs to show something. I fear for this kid. He doesn't appear, to my mind at least, to be part of an up and going Melbourne.

Same thoughts on both players. Any ideas on what Trenners needs to do to get back into side. It isn't like Roos to drop players for a poor game. More likely to drop players for not playing their role? He is rather slow (and deliberately slows the game down) but is there something else the coaching panel isn' t happy with, regarding the role he is asked to play?

And Garland is a superior upgrade... I know who I'd choose first.

Garland should come in for Pedersen before Georgiou - he is more of a superior upgrade to Ped than Georgiou. Pedersen plays forward and back, Garland can also swing if needed. Georgiou is just a pure backman and he has been playing great football.

He's a real no nonsense, old fashioned sort of backman and I'm loving his punch to the back of the forwards head when he can't get a fist on the ball.

• Like 1

If Clisby plays well again today, you'd think he'd be the obvious replacement for Terlich. Otherwise, go in unchanged. Reward the team for their collective effort.

No changes from me, i can't see any inclusion besides Garland that's good enough to demand a spot right off, consistant VFL form and hoping someone plays a couple of shockers at AFL level to get dropped

• Like 1

Sassy, there has to be one, Terlich pinged a hammy.

Garland will play VFL before AFL I think.

Okay yeah if terlich is out i'd bring clisby in and let Garland get some touch in the 2's for a week or 2

Do you think Garland come straight in for Terlich (hammy) with out playing a VFL game just like Dawes did?

No. Dawes was an extreme circumstance where both he and the footy department rolled the dice. He also spent a lot of time on the bench, not sure what his TOG% was but doubt it would be over 70%. Dawes came in because it was a choice between Dawes and Fitzy, that's an easy call. Garland stays out because we have Georgiou, McDonald, Pedo etc filling his role.

Toumpas should be considered for the half back flank spot of Terlich's. Whilst Clisby would be the safer bet due to more hardness and less errors they should consider Toumpas as he has much more scope. If Jimmy plays a good game at half back today then I think they should consider him.

I'd like to see Trengove back in the midfield/half forward mix but right now I think McKenzie, Kent, JKH, Watts, Bail and Evans all did enough to retain their spots. Plus I truly do think Trengove needs the extra games to really work on things like moving the ball faster and taking the game on.

It will be nice to see no unforced changes.

• Like 1

picking up Georgiou as a mature aged rookie has been a master stroke.

Agreed. I don't care if he's not getting a kick if his opponent doesn't either.

Colin is playing in the Casey Development League side as we speak which gives him a chance of coming into the side next week against Gold Coast in place of Terlich (hamstring).

Nice!

Reckon hes a definite in vs Gold Coast then

Good times

Don't understand the lack of love for Georgiou at all. He has football smarts and actually peels off his own man to help out his teammates to gain an advantage. He has done NOTHING wrong in my book. Solid in defence. Team player. Need more of guys like this.

- JKH would have to be on the cusp but he has moments of brilliance that makes me want to remain in the side! Has had 1 full game in the seniors. Give him another gig vs GCS.

- Terlich a hammy is out. Had he not done the hammy I would've kept him in the squad anyway. Like Georgiou... need men like Dean on the park. Offers nothing but aggression, physicality and head over ball-mongrel, contested-bravery. How about those for choice of words???

- I want to see one of Jetta or Bleasey come in. Whoever has the better game at Casey today. Who for? Maybe an Evans.

And that is it. We had 22 guys play their role vs Carlton. As such, they should be rewarded for effort - just like the Casey boys if they want to come in to the seniors.

• Like 1

83%

I see it but I don't believe it. He sure went to the bench a lot then for a key forward even if the percentage on ground was high! Guess it's still nearly 10% off from what Dunn and Frawley did on ground.

By the way Cross 94% of TOG reflects his value as a work horse. Allows for guys like Viney to just do 66% on the ground with a lot of time forward. Also shows me how hard Viney works when he's out there as to why he's always looking to the bench. Reminds me of Beams and Sidebottom when they came in to the Collingwood team in I think it was 2009 and were just everywhere as gun half forwards before they got a shot at the midfield.

Colin is playing in the Casey Development League side as we speak which gives him a chance of coming into the side next week against Gold Coast in place of Terlich (hamstring).

I think a bit of added pace would be in order so if Sam Blease does well he could be pushing for a spot.

That tells me he's on heavily modified minutes. If he was right to play something like 70% he'd be in the VFL seniors. I'd say next step for him is VFL seniors next week.

Blease's best chance is sub surely. You can't drop JKH, Kent, Viney, Watts or Bail after their efforts and all are pacey and I'd rather give Evans another shot unless Blease really stands out.

why does everyone want Jamar in the side

he was washed up 2 years ago

Will give us nothing

I agree, when was the last time Jamar took a contested mark around the ground? He's no value up forward, kicks for goal go sidways. He had his best year tapping down to Beamer who could clear for us, but that's history, so is Jamar.

Stick with Spencil and Gawny for the ruck, with backup from Fitzy. Also, I reckon JKH could be the new flash with a few more games under the belt.

• Like 2

In. Salem as sub

Out. Terlich if injured

Heard a whisper yesterday that Salem was getting close, almost an emergency this week. If he does well again today give him a taste as the sub.

Also heard someone who has known him for 15 years say he is clearly the best footballer he has seen, has much better skills than josh Kelly and expects him to become an elite mid.

In. Salem as sub

Out. Terlich if injured

Heard a whisper yesterday that Salem was getting close, almost an emergency this week. If he does well again today give him a taste as the sub.

Also heard someone who has known him for 15 years say he is clearly the best footballer he has seen, has much better skills than josh Kelly and expects him to become an elite mid.

I was told Salem and Kelly were clearly the two best mids in the draft last year, said Salem could have 20 touches and seriously impact a game he is that damaging and Kelly just runs his opponents off their legs.

I don't think any player should be changed from a winning side unless they are injured. That's how good teams get better because players need to train and play hard in the seconds to get a game.

• Like 1

Terlich appears to be injured, which is the one out, but if he's not injured I'd drop him anyway. He really needs to work on his disposal as right now he's a total liability with the ball in hand.

Garland won't be ready to come straight back, surely, so hopefully Clisby had a good game. I'm a massive fan of Clisby and I'd love to see him get his form back and push into the seniors.

No second ruckman since Gold Coast don't seem to have one - again let Pedersen do the relief work when they're rucking Thompson or whoever is their back up. We'll be too slow and tall if we bring in a second ruckman.

Georgiou stays. No way he gets dropped. Playing his role perfectly. He may end up getting squeezed out, but until Garland is ready, keep him.

Howe is not performing at 100% yet but he got better as the game went on and I thought his marking in the fourth quarter was a stand out. Can't afford to be in and out of the game though.

Dawes, Frawley and Dunn the forwards (and Watts at times), McDonald, Georgiou and Pedersen the backs (with Howe).

So, to conclude, Terlich out, Clisby in (or whoever played well at Casey).

Because I rate him higher than most on here.

I think he chases and pressures well, uses the ball well and when the side starts playing better like they did yesterday he will come into the game a lot more.

I don't want to see Toumpas back in until he's had an extended run at Casey and developed form and confidence.

Unless we get injuries and need new midfielders, leave him at Casey.

• Like 1

It's all over at Casey fields with Geelong getting the job done by 16 points in the pjvfl.

Full time scores: scorps 12-14-86 vs Geelong 14-18-102

The toump had 29 touches, clisby had 22, Shannon Byrnes had 21 and kicked 3, whilst nev jetta and the skipper Evan Panozza had 21 also.

Salem had some really good passages and ended up with 20 touches and bagged 2 majors including a pearler from near the boundary line with just a few minutes left in the game.

Next week is a tough assignment when both the seniors and the development league sides trek to frankston to take on the dolphins.

‪#‎bouncebackscorps‬!