Lacking a superstar?

InVINCEable

Get back to class, bell has gone, kids are licking the whiteboard.

Back on topic..... maybe our superstar is our coach.

We need a playing superstar

said this before.so dont be bored.

jack steven,give this man a 7 year contract.will be a dominant mid in the league for this period.

and the saints had a coach last year who was willing to trade,any amount would have been worth it.

• Like 1

said this before.so dont be bored.

jack steven,give this man a 7 year contract.will be a dominant mid in the league for this period.

and the saints had a coach last year who was willing to trade,any amount would have been worth it.

I thought last trade period that Stevens was categorically out of bounds despite their willingness to trade anyone else (ie McEnvoy).

I thought last trade period that Stevens was categorically out of bounds despite their willingness to trade anyone else (ie McEnvoy).

he probably was,buuuut they had a loose cannon as a coach and he wanted trade day to be his opus.

wouldve given them keys to the safe for jack steven..

• Like 1

We have a superstar and his name is Lynden Dunn. We need to sign him ASAP before other clubs get in this mans ear. He is UFA.

He isn't a free agent at the end of the year

Toumpas, Tyson, Hogan and Viney.

They will be our superstars.

yes, i agree, but the whole thing is we need someone now to show them how to do it

Yes we lack a superstar, but I would rather see a team orientated game plan executed to perfection first and witness stars evolve from that.

Hawthorn and WCE are two fine examples at the moment. They have an array of quality players but their team orientated brand of footy is their highlight.

With regards to Hawthorn yes we can list off Hodge and Mitchell but they are certainly not in their prime, Roughead is also a beut but they clearly state they don't want to focus on one target to try and make their team less predictable and harder to shut down.

It's the bill and teds excellent adventure conundrum isn't it.

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant, the truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super-band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Ted: Yes, Bill, but.... I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen before we have a triumphant video.

Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we have decent instruments.

Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments if we don't really even know how to play?

Bill: That is why we need Eddie Van Halen!

Ted: And that is why we need a triumphant video!

Both: [think for a second] EXCELLENT! (guitar riff)

• Like 4

We lack depth in the 16-30th picked area.not the 1-5.

It's the bill and teds excellent adventure conundrum isn't it.

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant, the truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super-band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Ted: Yes, Bill, but.... I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen before we have a triumphant video.

Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we have decent instruments.

Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments if we don't really even know how to play?

Bill: That is why we need Eddie Van Halen!

Ted: And that is why we need a triumphant video!

Both: [think for a second] EXCELLENT! (guitar riff)

In order to stop the Heinous rot of the past we need to learn to be totally Excellent to each other on field in order to be... triumphant... in the future!

This would include no more bogus delivery to the forward line that way.....we can.... party on....dude!

• Like 1

Yes he is and he is one of our best. We need to sign him ASAP.

I agree, Dunny was in the top 2 or 3 on the weekend and is a key player in the backline. I now Frawley is an all Australian but Dunn is equally important, some of his delivery during the switch was outstanding we just found it hard to capitalise. We cant afford to loose either Dunn, Frawley, Garland or T-Mac. That is a defence that could take us to finals.

We dont currently have superstar, the closest is Jonesy wo is probably tapping on the door. I think Clark could have been but I doubt we will see him again. Hogan and Howe have potential and who knows about Salem and JKH. I thought Watts game on the weekend was excellent so who knows we may get some return out of him.

Very sad state of affairs.

All those players named would be dying to come to the Dees, if nothing else, just to add a few flags to their CV.

I think our first task is to get rid of sub standard players, adopt the Roos recruiting philosophy of adding a few more good hard players, by trading an early pick for a lower pick and a player for example and starting to climb up the ladder.

When we start that climb and show we are on the move, then we can go after a star player or two.

You have my vote Redleg.

Not sure how I am going to fill in this winter waiting for the changes for 2015

lol reminds me of bill and ted's excellent adventure.

To be a most excellent famous band, do we first need eddie van halen to join the band and help us a make a triumphant music video? or do we need a most triumphant music video to get eddie van halen to want to join the band?

dude i think we need to learn how to play instruments first...