Chip Frawley

Deemotivated

I'd much rather Frawley stay, but there is upside for the MFC if he either stays or goes.

If he stays, we still have our best KPD. If he goes, we'll get compensation (good compensation one would think) and it will open up many possibilities by either trade or through the draft.

Even as much as we need to improve our midfield, whether Frawley stays or goes, i believe we need to start looking to bring in a young quality KPD. Frawley and Garland are both around 26 this year. By the time we're able to put in a couple of good years of development in said new KPD, Frawley and Garland will be heading into the twilight of their careers (unless they do a Fletcher).

Stick to your guns Oilslick - Stuie and Moonie are lightweights.

Is stuie still commenting me even though his blocked? If so I am not surprised.

If we lose Frawley we will most likely get band 1 compensation, which….looking at how we are going, could be as high as pick 3. Based on how well our team develops backmen I am quite confident we could find somebody to fill the void. Yes it would be good if he stays however it will not be the end of the world if he does not.

Dunn on the other hand is a good value workman who is killing it on the HBF and i think roos can get the best out of him. In the outside chance a team like Richmond who Dunn would really help decides to put up an offer then we are in trouble for holding out.

Is stuie still commenting me even though his blocked? If so I am not surprised.

If we lose Frawley we will most likely get band 1 compensation, which….looking at how we are going, could be as high as pick 3. Based on how well our team develops backmen I am quite confident we could find somebody to fill the void. Yes it would be good if he stays however it will not be the end of the world if he does not.

Dunn on the other hand is a good value workman who is killing it on the HBF and i think roos can get the best out of him. In the outside chance a team like Richmond who Dunn would really help decides to put up an offer then we are in trouble for holding out.

Yeah cos we've seen how far high draft picks and "workman" players have got us in the past....

Stuie, Dunn is playing better than Frawley at the moment. You can attempt to belittle Olisik all you like but, when on the park, Chip has not played well for some time. Dunn has been terrific of late. And why do you insist on ending your comments with a series of dots leaving us with the impression that there is more to come. The last thing we want is the promise of more.

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 2

Stuie, Dunn is playing better than Frawley at the moment. You can attempt to belittle Olisik all you like but, when on the park, Chip has not played well for some time. Dunn has been terrific of late. And why do you insist on ending your comments with a series of dots leaving us with the impression that there is more to come. The last thing we want is the promise of more.

Tell you what, swap their jobs, put Dunn on the number 1 forward and Chip on the 5th best forward and see how they go...

(Dots just for you)

Edited by stuie

Chip is far more valuable than Dunn.

there are alot more blokes like Dunn than blokes like Chip who can consistently beat big forwards.

• Like 1

is he though ?

CONSISTENTLY beating big forwards.

IMO Chip is playing like his mind is elsewhere.

By that I mean maybe he's made his mind up and gone mentally already.

This is my leaning also. That 'other' stuff is just stalling tactics for mine.

Ive no problem if thats his intent.Entitled to his career as he feels fit but he just doesnt seem like his old self out there.

And if he isnt playing like his old self ...what then

• Like 1

This is my leaning also. That 'other' stuff is just stalling tactics for mine.

Ive no problem if thats his intent.Entitled to his career as he feels fit but he just doesnt seem like his old self out there.

And if he isnt playing like his old self ...what then

"Seeing what the direction the club is going" is the new "I just wanna concentrate on playing footy and reassess at the end of the season".

Its a worrying trend.

• Like 1

"Seeing what the direction the club is going" is the new "I just wanna concentrate on playing footy and reassess at the end of the season".

Its a worrying trend.

I suppose until we have the League situation where its out in the open then we will get this sort of rubbish...and rubbish it is really

but really the problem of the moment is he doesnt seem to be in the moment...he's a tad off his best

I suppose until we have the League situation where its out in the open then we will get this sort of rubbish...and rubbish it is really

but really the problem of the moment is he doesnt seem to be in the moment...he's a tad off his best

and to have Roos as coach if anyone is going to get him going it would be Roos.

Its a concern that's for sure.

Dunn is better than Frawley?

Just when you think 'Land can't get any more zany...

And just when I thought you couldn't get any more mind bogglingly repetitive. It is Frawley's job to take on the biggest forward. Yes, we agree on that. It is Dunn's job to pick up the second, third or fourth forward but to also provide a bIt of spring from defence. We agree on that. Here's the bit where you get confused. He is not a better player than Frawley but Dunn is currently playing his role significantly better than Frawley. Therefore, Dunn has received plaudits of late and there are some of us that are concerned with Frawley's form.

• Like 4

The compo is the biggest thing for me, we have the backs to cover if Chip leaves i think, but we look like a bottom 2 side just now simply because we have no scoring power,

if we finish last, get a PP for another shocking year and lose chip we could potentially end up with Picks 1,2 and 3, imagine the Dom Tyson like trades Roos could work with that.

• Like 2

And just when I thought you couldn't get any more mind bogglingly repetitive. It is Frawley's job to take on the biggest forward. Yes, we agree on that. It is Dunn's job to pick up the second, third or fourth forward but to also provide a bIt of spring from defence. We agree on that. Here's the bit where you get confused. He is not a better player than Frawley but Dunn is currently playing his role significantly better than Frawley. Therefore, Dunn has received plaudits of late and there are some of us that are concerned with Frawley's form.

Could agree more that's the exact situation perfectly put. Some here have difficulty in comprehension and are boringly reactive. Good post RtG

played like [censored] on the weekend

Unacceptable effort for one of the top 3 highest paid players at the club

Im not sure you are following the thread - if he was in the top 3 highest paid players at the club he would be a restricted free agent not unrestricted. ( playing a bit a loose considering his contract was front ended but he is not in the top 10 highest paid this season)

• Like 1

This is a real positive note to start the day.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-makes-pitch-keep-demons-free-agents-including-defender-james-frawley/story-fndv8pdq-1226868535815

Firstly talks about "making a pitch" to ooc player managers and then how Hogan wants to "focus" on playing his first game and is in no rush to sign long term deal.

Amazing how the landscape has changed. The players (some of) are becoming bigger than the club and if farts me off to no end.

I know the players wanted this but then at least let them say at the start of the year that they are farting off at seasons end and be done with this BS.

Then we decide whether to keep playing them in the seniors or fast track development of another player in that position.

It happens in league and I hate it.

Edited by DemonOX

Frawley will not be here next year.

Start planning accordingly.

i hope your wrong... But I'm not confidant....

He will be a big loss for us, but really a player like him is kind of wasted in a team like ours.... If he does leave, i understand the reasons and id wish him luck...