AFL House Announcement coming up @ 10 am

Perhaps monsieur would like a wafer?

yes...but only a little one

• Like 1

Just hope that Peter Jackson has no ambitions for the role of CEO.

the timings are all curious though ..

indeed.

even if not by design...certainly by happenstance

Early days, and running the AFL a big leap away from running a club. I suspect the AFL would be wise to find a CEO from outside the Club gene pool, so conflicts of interest (or perceptions of) are not possible.

• Like 2

Early days, and running the AFL a big leap away from running a club. I suspect the AFL would be wise to find a CEO from outside the Club gene pool, so conflicts of interest (or perceptions of) are not possible.

It wouldnt make a lot of sense to take from US to give to them

Interest comment when I think CW asked him did he feel any guilt about the EFC drugs problem.

He said something to the effect of " no I did not inject anyone"

I thought that it was quite pointed.

pointed.... ^_^

and yet he drip fed them ... ( efc )

Interesting timing on the announcement just prior to whats seems to be ASADA's move on the Bombers.

Reckon his final main leaving task will be to manage the impact of ASADA sanctions on the EFC and the competition this year, with the goal to have a new CEO with a clean compeition by the end of the year.

Edited by PaulRB

Interesting timing on the announcement just prior to whats seems to be ASADA's move on the Bombers.

Reckon his final main leaving task will be to manage the impact of ASADA sanctions on the EFC and the competition this year, with the goal to have a new CEO with a clean compeition by the end of the year.

I hope you are right PaulRB

It will depend on charges against EFC players being laid or not.

If they are laid then the EFC will go to court IMO and that may take forever to resolve.

I just don't see the EFC rolling over if charges are laid.

rolling over.....no

pushed by a bigger Dozer...yep

Vlad will step down at years end according to Patrick Smith.

Pity he isn't stepping down immediately.

has brought a yiro van and cant get the licence until years end.

just in time for summer festival season.

he will go down in history as one of the best CEOs the game has had.

it might get real interesting for us smaller clubs if the replacement is not gil, given that he's essentially in charge of the next broadcast rights agreement and the early purchase of etihad to help ease equalisation measures into place.

• Like 17

Let's say that Jackson is a chance.

Is that not good for us in terms of his perspective at the Dees?

His equalisation beliefs I am sure have changed (from his time at Essendon) and will be far more favourable than a Nisbett or Cook...

Edited by rpfc

His equalisation beliefs I am sure have changed (from his time at Essendon) and will be far more favourable than a Nisbett or Cook...

Agree rpfc Would go with my best wishes.

However I do want him the Dees for the next three years.

Whenever DumbItriou utters the word "integrity" I have a great laugh.

Sure Andrew - the "draw" shows stacks of integrity, as did the tanking investigation, its outcome and its penalties despite nothing being proven. And how about the MRP, and the tribunal?

And I haven't even mentioned the current farce re Essendrug.

Certainly time for you to move on.

PJ would be unlikely.

I suspect partly due to the fact that he didn't leave the EFC on the best of terms, but perhaps more importantly, he hasn't done anything yet @ MFC that is measurable enough to be considered, other than what we who are close to the club can see. I am not talking about capability, as I think he is extremely capable. He hasn't even had 12 months in the job.

More importantly from the AFL perspective is that PJ is needed here by the MFC to make the club strong again.

Nisbett, Cook and Ireland have been doing this caper for the best part of 10 years, They are significantly stronger candidates as a result of that.

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 2

My only gripe about the current admininstration is that their bonuses are tied to maximising crowds meaning the fixture's sole purpose is to favour the larger clubs.

err TV revenue??

• Like 1

I am of the opinion PJ is starting to develop abit of a passion for the Dees, and one of the conditions of the AFL funding our rebuild was that he stuck around for it

Sure Andrew - the "draw" shows stacks of integrity, as did the tanking investigation, its outcome and its penalties despite nothing being proven. And how about the MRP, and the tribunal?

If it wasn't for people like AD we would be lucky to be going to the footy this year, he cleaned up Schwabs and Dons mess people have short memory's , my family and I would like to thank AD for his support to the MFC in last few years and we are thankful for the season that's about to start, I wish him well for the future. Edited by mjt
  • Like 5

If it wasn't for people like AD we would be lucky to be going to the footy this year, he cleaned up Schwabs and Dons mess people have short memory's , my family and I would like to thank AD for his support to the MFC in last few years and we are thankful for the season that's about to start, I wish him well for the future.

Funnily enough I think you are both right.

• Like 2

Cook understands well the struggles faced by smaller clubs and is in favour of equalisation measures.

And fwiw, some of the better informed minds believe that Gil won't get a look in for the top job.

• Like 2