Training - Monday 16th December, 2013

Whispering_Jack

Monday's training is at Casey Fields in conjunction with the Casey Demons:

Celebrate Christmas locally with the Demons

Get into the festive spirit with the Demons as they give back to their local fans at the Melbourne Football Club Christmas Party on Monday 16 December 2013 at Casey Fields in Cranbourne East.

City of Casey Mayor Cr Geoff Ablett said ‘The Melbourne Football Club is entrenched in the Casey community.

‘The club trains regularly at Casey Fields and provides new activities, programs and initiatives to the community through the 30-year partnership which exists between the club and Council’, said Cr Ablett.

At the event, you can watch the club train, meet the coaches, get an autograph from your favourite players and meet Santa Claus!

There’ll be free giveaways, a sausage sizzle and a chance to sign-up for Deezone, the club’s new dedicated website for kids.

In support of Casey’s local sports coaches, the event will also include a coaching master class where the club’s coaches will provide an insight into coaching techniques, strategy, training drills and tips on how to be a better coach.

‘Come along, enjoy the magnificent sporting venue and activities and show your support for the red and the blue!’, added Cr Ablett.

Come and support your local AFL team

Date: Monday 16 December 2013

Time: 10.00am - 11.30am

Venue: Casey Fields, Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East

Cost: FREE

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow that's a fail isn't it. Hopefully parents can get kids out of school and there. Not like they are learning much at this time of the year, or not much that can't be better learnt by eating sausages and watching dees training. That's life lessons right there.

Public schools in general do not finish up until Thursday, older students doing years 10,11 or 12 may be finished and students attending private schools are probably finished.

I have one year 10 student who finished last week but my year 7 son doesn't finish until Thursday.

Would seem a strange decision or one that doesn't understand that the majority of Casey based kids attend public not private schools.

Why wouldn't they do this on the weekend?

Surely the players can donate a couple of hours of their time on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

BBP, I think it may depend upon the AFLPA agreement they have re days off each week during the pre season. Not sure though.

Clarky up and about, very enthusiastic

Dawes rehab AGAIN, gee pick 20 would of been nice

Maxy Gawn is loved by all the boys, wherever he goes in the group players smiling. He also looks super fit, strong and could be ready to become a very good Ruck in my opinion

Kent walking laps with discomfort

2v2 handball drill

Viney blind turns through Tyson tackle, runs clear, impressive

Cross standout with ball in hand

Gawn don't argues toumpas in the face, aggressive

Nicho was quality in this drill

JV spears cross with a tackle, forcing fumble

Barry looks fast and sharp, stepping through traffic

Coaches repeatedly saying lets not waste a minute, moving quickly from drill to drill

Roos had a ball, Clark wanting it and tackled him, picking him up and spinning him, relationship looks good

I think tapscott is lost, rehab group went to another oval but he stayed with the main group

Clark is a beautiful kick of the pill

Split into forwards backs and mids

Toump crunches Salem in a marking contest

Georgiou training with Fwds, I thought he was a back

Just a note, I've always defended Wattsy, watching him today he is so clean. He is not an aggressive player, probly never will be, but I think Roos idea of putting him in the mids is great cause even though he's not an in and under player I want the ball in his hands as much as possible, so putting him near it is a good idea

Salems hands are super clean, does not fumble

Dom Barry looks ready, a completely differant player to this time last year

In a full ground kicking drill designed to get some sprint fitness training, I watched nicho hit 6 targets in a row kicking 40-50 meters to a leading forward. Not just hit them but they were right where a fwd wants them. Just saying.

A quick 200m sprint after a drill, Georgiou last

Roos drills seem to encourage a lot of carry and run using handball, not just one releasing hands, but 2 and 3. Scary as our skills are usually shabby and this could lead to turnovers.

Nath jones is flawless at training

With Gawn looking good, and spencer looking fit and his skills dramatically improving, what use to we have for jamar who hasn't been on the track in a year and a half

King got crunched, went down like a sack of spuds, as the players went for a drink all the coaches were taking the Micky out of him

Vince looks quality with everything he does

Blease running 200's, he is so fast and looks effortless

Cross is a great example of training standards for our younger players, it's been said before but he does everything at 100%

Trenners working very hard, watched him close for 5 minutes, the boy is gonna be a footballer, really excited to see him now his body is right, I remember thinking when $cully left who cares as trenners is twice the footballer, fingers crossed

I think Dawes just got out of a walk and jogged 15m, well worth his 500k

It gets said every year but we will be a very differant team this year, good or bad. Vince, Tyson, cross, trenners, Clark, Barry, Hogan, Salem, Toumpas, Watts mid, Roos are all changes, that's half a team

Every session I've been to Byrnes just runs the whole session, he must be getting fit, but would like to see him on the track

Yeah!!...Chris Dawes is coming back from knee surgey to finally clear up the problem he had and he is over the rest of his niggles.....I know let's rush him back, that's a good idea!!!!...as if we haven't stuffed up enough in the past.........

Nicho hitting targets.....as I say in my training reports, his lack of skill is greatly over exaggerated, some posters on here have a real need for somebody to bag...bit sad really

Nice report and confirming what the Gosch's paddock watchers are seeing

I was dubious about picking up Cross but after watching him half a dozen times and reading the latest I stand corrected

Edited by Satyriconhome

Any more details on Tyson? never get much info on him in the training reports ... would really love to hear how he trains and how his skills are seeing as we gave up pick 2 for him.

Yeah!!...Chris Dawes is coming back from knee surgey to finally clear up the problem he had and he is over the rest of his niggles.....I know let's rush him back, that's a good idea!!!!...as if we haven't stuffed up enough in the past.........

Nicho hitting targets.....as I say in my training reports, his lack of skill is greatly over exaggerated, some posters on here have a real need for somebody to bag...bit sad really

Nice report and confirming what the Gosch's paddock watchers are seeing

I was dubious about picking up Cross but after watching him half a dozen times and reading the latest I stand corrected

I look forward to seeing that!

Clarky up and about, very enthusiastic ... Every session I've been to Byrnes just runs the whole session, he must be getting fit, but would like to see him on the track

Fantastic report mate. Appreciate it.

Dawes will come good once he has recoved from his knee surgery. Will prove many wrong.

Dawes pros and cons:

Cons- cost a high draft pick, 500k a year and can't catch a footy

Pros:???? He's smart???

As a forward, he may have been hindered by some of the delivery coming out of the centre and half-back. Let's wait and see what he can do when he's injury free and getting some decent presentation.

Don't underestimate smartness. I'd rather a smart footballer than Jake King!

As a forward, he may have been hindered by some of the delivery coming out of the centre and half-back. Let's wait and see what he can do when he's injury free and getting some decent presentation.

Don't underestimate smartness. I'd rather a smart footballer than Jake King!

That may mean almost every other player Reverend.