Mitch Clark is Back

dazzledavey36

Hope he spends some time working on his landings.Jeez but he hits the deck hard at times.

He has the most ferocious attack on the aerial ball I've ever seen. It's amazing to watch but can be harrowing at times, for example when be knocked himself out against GWS two years ago.

Hope he spends some time working on his landings.

Jeez but he hits the deck hard at times.

I think he will change the way he plays a bit on his return

Sort of like how the Ox had to change his game after the knee injuries

Was it an Argentinian Malbec yet? Just checking on your drinking habits. Don't take it personally.

I try to keep it local! If you need to know the 3rd was a lovely deep durif

Am I the only one thinking there is a difference between 'back' and 'running in sneakers in October'?

He's out of rehab, that's all that matters. He has plenty of time to build for next season.

Edited by bing181
  • Like 1

I think he will change the way he plays a bit on his return

Sort of like how the Ox had to change his game after the knee injuries

With the inclusion of midfielders through trade week hopefully there will be better delivery into the forward line. Also having multiple marking targets will help.

Clark was unbelievable when he was the only target in the forward line and was getting double and triple teamed by the opposition. If we ever have Dawes, Hogan and Howe up there as well, he will be kicking bags on a regular basis.

Exactly, Mitch thrives on the contest. If we can have a good run with injurys we should see vast improvement around the ground.
  • Like 1

just realised,finals tickets next year

mmmmmmmm its on the cards

8th spot ,you can quote me on that

just feels like men in black and im looking at orions belt

Well, seeing as we haven't won a first round since 2005 I'd suggest we start there. So much momentum has been drained away in our first game that it is vital we start well.

Ive said it before but i'll keep saying it til we win.....

• Like 1

Do you see us following this man Roos to the promised land LW or are we merely passing through the valley of the shadow of death?

Biffen, it delights me that you are seeking knowledge through scripture, keep asking for God's guidance. As to your question I have no fuckin idea!

• Like 3

He has the most ferocious attack on the aerial ball I've ever seen. It's amazing to watch but can be harrowing at times, for example when be knocked himself out against GWS two years ago.

He is also a hard nut and quite intimidating to the opposition, which is something I really like about him, and we very much lack. Doesn't take a backward step. Almost David Neitz like - and that is the highest praise.

It will be interesting to see what Hogan is like in that respect. From a what I hear from inside the club he was described to me as a " a monster" who will "monster" the opposition with his sublime football skills and his intimidating physical presence. The other thing about Hogan is apparently he has an amazing engine, and is a superb kick, so for that reason, he will probably play half forward and we will have Clark and Howe in the square.

It is a mouthwatering prospect, particular with skilled mostly left footed midfielders feeding these guys all the time. Very very difficult for oppositions to match up on.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see what Hogan is like in that respect.

I dont think people still realize how amazing Hogan will be

Putting aside his immense football ability, the guy is as strong as Tony Lockett and an absolute maniac who will smash anyone within 10 feet of him

He will make his teammates walk taller his entire career

Hogan Clark Dawes Howe

Some teams are in for a whole lot of pain :)

• Like 1

Why? This is the best time of year and usually the only time that Dees supporters enjoy! Don't be such a downer...embrace the fantasy!

Yer I did the last 2 years and it only ends in tears

• Like 2

I think that the one thing that we need to give Mark Neeld credit for, is building us a strong forward line (at least on paper).

U have just brought my nightmares back, please don't mention MN again!

Back to rehab I go.....

Wow - I think people need to take a big breath and remember that we won 2 games last year.

Lets keep the expectations bottled at least till round one - for everyone's sake.

I understand where you are coming from Young Dee, but one of the things I like about how the new team has gone about this recent process of building the club, is that it has looked at the current team strategically,identified its strengths and weaknesses and then gone from there. It would have been very easy for Roos (as Neeld did before him) to just say everything was hopeless and go for a complete rebuild.

Roos didn't do that. He looked at what we needed ( as opposed to "best available") and targeted what was best for us. This usually did not co- incide with what the perceived wisdom was about the market, which is why the likes of the Damian Barrett's of this world were not smart enough to understand it.

But what we have got out of this is a forward line which I bet will be in the best two or three in the Afl, a backline which is in the best half dozen ( particularly when they are not being bombed away at all day as they have been in the recent past), AND at least a competitive mid field - potentially a champion one. AND the best coach in the business.

We have gone from being a hopeless case to having a lot going for us.

People are beginning to notice. Those knowledgable football people from other clubs are beginning to see what is going on at the Dees and are impressed at least in my circle of friends. Getting back to being taken seriously is a big step - the challenge now is to translate that into wins, but if we start to win games as I am sure we will, there will be a huge wake up call for other clubs.

That is why I am very optimistic, but obviously we need wins on the board, but I would much rather be where we are now than where we have been at this time of year in any of the last 8 years.

We are entitled to dream!

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 4

Wow - I think people need to take a big breath and remember that we won 2 games last year.

Lets keep the expectations bottled at least till round one - for everyone's sake.

Why? This is the best time of year and usually the only time that Dees supporters enjoy! Don't be such a downer...embrace the fantasy!

Yeah, jump on board with the rest of us!

a9dKbym_460sa.gif

• Like 6

I understand where you are coming from Young Dee, but one of the things I like about how the new team has gone about this recent process of building the club, is that it has looked at the current team strategically,identified its strengths and weaknesses and then gone from there. It would have been very easy for Roos (as Neeld did before him) to just say everything was hopeless and go for a complete rebuild.

Roos didn't do that. He looked at what we needed ( as opposed to "best available") and targeted what was best for us. This usually did not co- incide with what the perceived wisdom was about the market, which is why the likes of the Damian Barrett's of this world were not smart enough to understand it.

But what we have got out of this is a forward line which I bet will be in the best two or three in the Afl, a backline which is in the best half dozen ( particularly when they are not being bombed away at all day as they have been in the recent past), AND at least a competitive mid field - potentially a champion one. AND the best coach in the business.

We have gone from being a hopeless case to having a lot going for us.

People are beginning to notice. Those knowledgable football people from other clubs are beginning to see what is going on at the Dees and are impressed at least in my circle of friends. Getting back to being taken seriously is a big step - the challenge now is to translate that into wins, but if we start to win games as I am sure we will, there will be a huge wake up call for other clubs.

That is why I am very optimistic, but obviously we need wins on the board, but I would much rather be where we are now than where we have been at this time of year in any of the last 8 years.

We are entitled to dream!

Yer I agree that we are going in the right direction for sure and that we have potential but I am just saying we should keep a lid on our expectations.

I don't care how many wins we get next year - I just want to be able to go to the footy and watch a competitive side week in week out. If we win games along the way then I will be stoked.

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

U have just brought my nightmares back, please don't mention MN again!

Back to rehab I go.....

while your there ,tell biff to stop picking his nose

mitch has assets,

1.size

2.can run

3.splits packs and hurts backmen

4.tuff as chopper read

these assets worry any opposition player and cant be brought at kmart.

Caution about our prospects is understandable after recent history. And we haven't had any really good players come onto out list for a very long time. But I was surprised how good Mitch Clark was in early 2012 - he is genuine star quality and if he can get back we've got a lot to look forward to.

• Like 6