The Bluey

Ted Lasso

Any predictions for the Bluey?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well done Garlo, only injury prevented you for winning IMO.

And a bloody massive congratulations to our heart and soul Nathan Jones on a well deserved win again.

You carry this sad shell of a team on your shoulders every week and you do it with such passion, such dedication and such consistency. You are a champion of this club.

• Like 7

not sure how Terlich can finish ahead of Frawley, seems Chip is under appreciated by his own club

Chip smashes his direct opponent each week and hardly gets goals kicked on him despite taking the best forward every week

Terlich leaks goals like a sieve despite playing on average forwards

Disappointing

• Like 1

If any player in the AFL deserves to win a flag before they retire it's Nathan Jones! bloke is the heart and soul of the football club, spiritual leader and an inspiration to everyone associated with MFC, and hats of to Garland too, has come on in leaps and bounds this year! looking forward to seeing him make more giant strides next year under ROOSY!

well done lads!

• Like 2

From the MFC website:

2013 Melbourne best and fairest results

Winner: Keith ‘Bluey’ Truscott Memorial Trophy – Nathan Jones (365 votes)

After winning his first Keith ‘Bluey’ Truscott Memorial Trophy in 2012, Jones deservedly went back-to-back. The incredibly durable midfielder was Melbourne’s most consistent player in 2013.

Second: Sid Anderson Memorial Trophy – Colin Garland (360)

The defender capped off his best AFL season as a close runner-up to Jones. He passed the 100-game milestone and proved a model of consistency, often under pressure down back.

Third: Ron Barassi Snr Memorial Trophy – Dean Terlich (306)

The mature defender was of the bright spots of the year, playing all but two matches in his first season. It was an outstanding return to the AFL system, after he was a Sydney Swans rookie in 2008.

Fourth: Ivor Warne-Smith Memorial Trophy – Matt Jones (303)

Like Terlich, Jones was one of 2013’s good news stories. The 25 year-old midfielder took his opportunity, playing every game after being picked at No. 52 in last year’s NAB AFL Draft.

Fifth: Dick Taylor Memorial Trophy – Colin Sylvia (288)

Aside from missing three matches through suspension, Sylvia produced a very consistent season. It was the third time he has finished fifth in the best and fairest award, after his efforts in 2009-10.

Sixth: Lynden Dunn (270)

A hamstring injury interrupted the defender’s start, but he bounced back to play every match from round six. Dunn was one of Melbourne’s best players in the second half of the season. It was his highest finish in the club’s best and fairest.

Seventh: James Frawley (268)

The leader missed five games for the season – on two separate occasions with a hamstring injury – but again gave his all down back, often under pressure. It was the fifth consecutive time Frawley has finished in the top 10.

Eighth: Jack Trengove (257)

A foot stress fracture last December rocked the second half of Trengove’s pre-season, but the co-captain fought back to play some good football and all but two matches in 2013.

Ninth: Jeremy Howe (256)

Howe’s first half of the season was especially good. He missed just one match with a calf injury in round 20 and again dazzled the football fraternity with his majestic aerial skills – as highlighted in the final round against the Bulldogs.

Tenth: Tom McDonald (249)

After finishing third in last year’s count, an ankle and shoulder injury forced McDonald to miss five games in the first half of the season. But the defender bounced back with a solid latter part of the year.

11 – Jack Watts (238)

12 – Aaron Davey (209)

13 – Jack Grimes (202)

14 – Jack Viney (199)

15 – Shannon Byrnes (191)

16 – Jordie McKenzie (172)

17 – Dean Kent, Luke Tapscott (159)

19 – Chris Dawes (147)

20 – Jimmy Toumpas (143)

21 – Max Gawn (133)

22 – Mitch Clisby (120)

23 – Jack Fitzpatrick, Jake Spencer (117)

25 – Michael Evans (116)

26 – Daniel Nicholson, Cam Pedersen (108)

28 – Mark Jamar (103)

29 – David Rodan (93)

30 – Rohan Bail (77)

31 – Sam Blease (71)

32 – James Sellar (58)

33 – James Strauss (58)

34 – Neville Jetta (48)

35 – Mitch Clark (41)

36 – James Magner (26)

37 – Troy Davis (21)

38 – Tom Gillies (16)

39 – Joel Macdonald (11)

Voting system explained:

At the completion of each game, the match committee consisting of the senior coach (Mark Neeld/Neil Craig), plus assistant coaches Jade Rawlings, Brian Royal and Leigh Brown voted using a one to seven ranking system. Seven was the highest a player could receive and one was the lowest. Each player had the opportunity to gain a maximum of 28 votes in each game.

So? Surely he or someone there would be getting sms msgs direct from the awards.

I had no problem with it. Im sure he was interested in proceedings.

not sure how Terlich can finish ahead of Frawley, seems Chip is under appreciated by his own club

Frawley missed those weeks with his hammy so that may have cost him.

But congrats to Jones. He has just thrown his body into everything this year.

Congrats to our 2014 Captain,well done Jonesy,

Also Congrats must go to Col Garland,i don't think there would've been a worse place in the AFL than to play in Melbourne's backline this year!

And after 10 years Col Sylvia has his best and most consistant year yet,i think the former coach had a bit to do with that,well done.

Melbourne FC @melbournefc

Jones: "I can see this vision of just how sweet it will be when we turn it around and I can't wait to revel in it with you all"

Melbourne FC @melbournefc

Jones: "I'm so proud to play for our club. I'm looking forward to 2014 and can't wait to see our club where it should be, back up top"

God Nathan Jones is a star. I just love his attitude.

So positive, so strong.

Come be my motivational speaker. Maybe you can stop me from plotting my co-workers death on a daily basis.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 6

So we name an award after a guy we shafted way before his time. I have nothing against an award being named after Junior. I think its fantastic. James is actually there tonight to present it and honour Flash.

By the way I'm assuming the players aren't wearing their blazers?

Glen Bartlett tells the Best and Fairest crowd that there is no announcement to come tonight on a coach. Just saw that on twitter

Belated recognition of a bad decision, under a previous administration and coaching regime.

It would be great if we could get him back in an official capacity - midfield coach unless Ling is already on board.

Would that be the first award he has won at melbourne. Nice that he does hospital visits.

Mitch Clarke has done too many of those for my liking.

• Like 2

No disrespect intended and I know it is not even related to the leaders but Aaron Davey in 12th. Really? How many games was he a sub or did not play. Overall, I think the top 10 is about right. Perhaps Watts and McDonald swap as does Frawley and Dunn.

Not an easy year for the supporters but I am sure not an easy year for players also. Hopefully this is the last time I have to say "Maybe Next Year"

Lynden Dunn 6th

jesus christ

3 of the top 6 wouldn't get a game at any other club in the AFL, including GWS

Embarrassing stuff

Can you stop sheeting all over the players for their finish in the b+f?

They played most games and Frawley missed 5 games and looked terrible in another couple - he did well to get near to players like the ones you have derided as they had far better seasons. And that is what this night is about - what happened THIS YEAR in a 2 - 20 year...

• Like 3

Lynden Dunn 6th

jesus christ

3 of the top 6 wouldn't get a game at any other club in the AFL, including GWS

Embarrassing stuff

Wow. Glad you arent on match committee or casting votes in the B&F. Dunn missed 5 games yet still finished above more lauded teammates.

How about a bit of recognition for Dunnys improvement and best ever effort in this award?