• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Sam Newman just represents Hird, Dank and blokes with agendas in this case.

It's fair to say that most people are now siding with the AFL on this one.

That was disgraceful by Newman, not that I'd expect anything less. Does he even watch footy anymore? I thought he gave that up sometime last decade when he got turfed from 3AW for storming out of ther box.

• Like 1

On SEN, when they replayed the mother's phone call (Sarah) on Kevin Bartlett's show, he said that the caller had been verified as an EFC player's mother.

The Age is reporting that at least one player is in touch with a compensation lawyer.

Hird and Co. are finished. Essen-done might be unable to field a team if the Mexican debacle is proven to be true.

• Like 3

exactly, which is why it is disgusting they rang all the parents to find out which one it was, and why it is also disgusting a players parent had to ring a radio station to get her concerns heard (hird?)!

How do you know what the context of the phone call was and how do you know that the parents concerns have not been previously heard by the Club. What efforts have been made previously to speak with the club? There might have been other motives for calling MMM.

Ah thats right you were assuming.......

On SEN, when they replayed the mother's phone call (Sarah) on Kevin Bartlett's show, he said that the caller had been verified as an EFC player's mother.

The Age is reporting that at least one player is in touch with a compensation lawyer.

Hird and Co. are finished. Essen-done might be unable to field a team if the Mexican debacle is proven to be true.

Did they say who its been verified by?

I would have thought it would be appropriate for the AFLPA and player managers for their members/clients to have prepared a range of possible options.

Its looking worse for Essendon.

Did they say who its been verified by?

I

I am not sure, sorry.

Reading the AGE comments and listening to SEN today, I have observed a lot more Bombers supporters who have turned against Hird. I think the fans with an open mind, realise that Hird is dragging the club down. I think it will take a lot of them and/or a group of EFC players, to stop Hird/Little doing further harm to the club.

I am not sure, sorry.

Reading the AGE comments and listening to SEN today, I have observed a lot more Bombers supporters who have turned against Hird. I think the fans with an open mind, realise that Hird is dragging the club down. I think it will take a lot of them and/or a group of EFC players, to stop Hird/Little doing further harm to the club.

No problems. I have thought its a matter of time until the interests of Essendon diverge from the interests of James Hird only.

Players could be free to walk from the contracts with the Bombers, due to them failing to provide a safe workplace for the players?

Leading Melbourne lawyer Justin Quill confirmed players could walk away.

"There is a requirement for Essendon to provide a safe workplace and there is an argument it didn't do that because of the supplement program," he said.

"The follow-on is that there is an argument that Essendon has breached its duty to its players and is therefore effectively like a breach of their employment contract. That could allow players to walk away."

The AFL charge sheet said players were injected with "unprecedented frequency", under a regime that varied "sharply from prior practices" incorporating "exotic, mysterious and unfamiliar compounds".

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/essendon-players-could-walk-away-from-the-club-as-a-result-of-supplement-saga/story-e6frf3e3-1226702427916#ixzz2chXQ8gu9

Thats the same type of garbage that your mate Caroline Wilson would produce, at least wait to see if he's guilty.

I don't follow how you would make the connection unless you were totally delusional. Perhaps you didn't hear the mother of the Essendon player talk about the effect of the supplements scandal on her son? Perhaps you haven't read Dr. Reid's letter? Perhaps you're not aware that Hird took responsibility for what was going on? Perhaps you haven't taken notice of the many facts that are not in dispute and/or have been admitted in the report commissioned by Essendon (The Switkowski Report)? I haven't put him on trial. I don't have to base my judgement on the outcome of such things but on what is accepted as fact and it's truly horrific although obviously beyond the comprehension of some individuals.
  • Like 6

This game has lost me.... Its corrupt....

The AFL have known about this from the start... Hird is a pawn in this.... And after hearing that mother cry for her son!!! [censored] this game!!! Thats just [censored]!! Im finished with AFL....

Hird apparently was receiving advice from a PR person previously associated with the Liberal party and the technique was deny all and then attack / discredit those that offer negative evidence or testimony.

Clearly bird thinks he is bigger than the club. Whether or not they intended it, by throwing everyone under the bus and effectively threatening the AFL but publically suggesting Vlad tipped them off they have effectively guaranteed their own demise.

AFL released the charge sheet on the sly perhaps as payback, perhaps because it was suggested that Hird would try for an injunction.

they are gone and now we all see the full scale of this program its unbelievably bad.

one of the supplements has been linked with cancer.

another is definitely banned and it seems clear they were all aware it was like all at best.

AFL got all the other clubs on side today.

expect port melb to be playing AFL next year lol.

• Like 1

The AFL have known about this from the start... Hird is a pawn in this.... And after hearing that mother cry for her son!!! [censored] this game!!! Thats just [censored]!! Im finished with AFL....

sure. They warned bird not to use peptides. Then the Australian crime commission got involved and miraculously essendon self exposed on the eve before that was made public.

But I think the AFL has been ok on this and now will be in damage control.

I don't see Hird as a pawn at all. He was warned. He knew better and he got busted. He threw all and sundry under the bus while clearly acting to defend himself.

But yes between this and the Dees I'm really getting into NFL.

• Like 3

There is a big game in Damascus this weekend and I swear not AFL. Just don't forget your gas mask.

there was nothing sly about the afl releasing the charges.

they were clear that this was coming within a week of it being given to essendon, and so it proved to be.

I think the only thing that ambushed Hird was that they got in first, a bit slow there Jimmy. They didn't telegraph the punch.

• Like 1

i know these kids are football players but aren't these kids adults? Why do they need their parents involved?

Hird has seriously lost the plot. He sounds just like Steven dank now. Hird has become morally corrupt. Is that a crime? Probably not. But certainly brings the game into disrepute

I think the only thing that ambushed Hird was that they got in first, a bit slow there Jimmy. They didn't telegraph the punch.

perhaps sly was the wrong word... What he said above.

i know these kids are football players but aren't these kids adults? Why do they need their parents involved?

Hird has seriously lost the plot. He sounds just like Steven dank now. Hird has become morally corrupt. Is that a crime? Probably not. But certainly brings the game into disrepute

Hird's mum might be next... That tanning drug was bad news she will say. At least woe and plough did it like real men - in a tanning salon.

Hird's mum might be next... That tanning drug was bad news she will say. At least woe and plough did it like real men - in a tanning salon.

Having a great tan makes you a better coach?. Although it might have been the side effects that made the players play better. Apparently it makes you get erections...

I really hate these endless sagas and hence I have pretty much steered clear of this entire story

Can someone do me a solid and give me the current update in a nutshell of what is happening

thanks

I think I can do that for you in a nutshell.

There are a number of people in the legal profession who are about to earn enough money to send their children/grandchildren to some very expensive private schools.

• Like 8